Was just wondering????

bobbert325

I was just wondering if the cheat catcher was in use yet or not? I only ask as i seem to recall there have been a few cheat messages in server each week recently, i know sometimes it is due to car files etc and there is no cheating but i just wanted to know if there was any news on this front as i believe it would be great to use it to put peoples minds at rest and stop the chinese whispers that sometimes happen when the message does come up or some one seems unstoppable etc etc.

Many thanks

Bobbert325

P.S. maybe some other people would like to add their comments and questions here too??

=============================================

Still got the ukdirt cheat catcher on the desktop we used a while back, hasnt been mentioned since... :shrug:

• 1 year later...
I was just wondering if the cheat catcher was in use yet or not? I only ask as i seem to recall there have been a few cheat messages in server each week recently, i know sometimes it is due to car files etc and there is no cheating but i just wanted to know if there was any news on this front as i believe it would be great to use it to put peoples minds at rest and stop the chinese whispers that sometimes happen when the message does come up or some one seems unstoppable etc etc.

Many thanks

Bobbert325

P.S. maybe some other people would like to add their comments and questions here too??

Thtas where the cheat issue lays.........."dodgy" car files :)

Edited by theboss

i would agree. it make good practice to have it, or tho I don't think anyone on ukdirt is cheating, The two times i had it! I have had the wrong car file for the A55 and the mk5 tina, which leek and lee sent me the correct file to rectify that, but i always get one when the mk3cedric is in use, which don't look good on my part?? be good if that file could be sorted out. Don't bother me if people are cheating on any league, but does bother me when my name comes up with cheat message, as you say bob the old finger comes up or whispers start, well i say makes you feel like that is going on anyway not stating its does, makes you feel bit awkward, Id rather get bit of credit for doing half well? due to spending time making settys up!

i would agree. it make good practice to have it, or tho I don't think anyone on ukdirt is cheating, The two times i had it! I have had the wrong car file for the A55 and the mk5 tina, which leek and lee sent me the correct file to rectify that, but i always get one when the mk3cedric is in use, which don't look good on my part?? be good if that file could be sorted out. Don't bother me if people are cheating on any league, but does bother me when my name comes up with cheat message, as you say bob the old finger comes up or whispers start, well i say makes you feel like that is going on anyway not stating its does, makes you feel bit awkward, Id rather get bit of credit for doing half well? due to spending time making settys up!

Why, and how, did you have the wrong car files??

Why, and how, did you have the wrong car files??

Thats what i was wondering as I only joined last year, the files should all be the new ones, I downloaded everythink in the correct order, Its not like I'm trying to cheat tho boss, I always do the pracy before meet, then if i get message i always ask RM why or other drivers, then I rectify it before the meeting, normally racing without a set up! twice it happened! bristol WQR last year, leek sent me correct car file, as it was a meeting of importance dint want to get in the way or just oppo it, i was saying good bye, to a fellow racer asked why explained and he sent me a setty, so i carried on, the other time was 2litre at smallfield this year, lee sent me correct car file as it was non points i spent 5 mins doing setty just so i can get round the bends and carried on. bit long winded but does explain what Ive done but not sure why Ive got them.

Yeah, some people tend to have messages no matter what.

The Jag's and Mk3 Cedric's when used always bring up cheat messages between a selection of people. One of them being me despite mine being the correct file, perhaps someone else in the server isn't using the same one as me meaning the message shows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..