RockStar Games petition

timmay76

You believe a shitty petition will FORCE them to make a banger racing game??? I dont think so.... please post details of the phone call you had towards a developer of Rockstar aswell, will be quite humourus if you decided to simply ask two or three basic questions.

Could of put it towards multiple companies aswell, as lets be honest, rockstar arent the best on the realism department

Edited by Lee

imo the best people to ask for this kind of game would be the people that made flatout, seeing as its the kind of thing they specilise in

Could of put it towards multiple companies aswell, as lets be honest, rockstar arent the best on the realism department

i rekon if codemasters had a go at it it would be crap imo, they'll use that shitty Grid physics

I think the Grid and DiRT collision detection is some of the best in games at the moment.

A 'UK banger racing game' will never happen in the sense we'd all like it to (i.e. big budget game, on one of the main platforms that a decent company would do a good job of). No games company, especially one as prolific as Rockstar would ever develop a game that would only appeal to a UK market, and I think it's pretty safe to say that this sort of racing game does not have mass market appeal, or we'd have tons of DD style games. Even a sport as popular as rallying can't sell games unless it all western-ised like DiRT2 was.

Just my opinion anyway and it'd be cool if it did happen.....

Continuing on with what MoR said, the only way i can see them conceivably making it is by adding some other series' in, F1's,F2's etc and having a ladder format where you go from Minis lets say up to F1's, would open it up to more buyers rather than just Banger lads. Having had said that, there was that tractor game released!

to be honest car never see rockstar or any big companys making a banger racing game since it might not be that much money to made with it so they wont bother. Think only way we can get a proper banger game is waiting for Nick M's game which is slowly getting there but by the looks of it should be work the wait!

But as ryano has said think if you made a game with saloons, f1s, bangers etc. where you do series in each would maybe sell but even that would still need alot of convincing for the companys to make it.

driven to destruction is one of the best banger racing games i've played as you can do chain races and trailer races figure of 8 and many more. it's only 10 pound on play.com, well that's were i got it from. would be good to see a new banger game made.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..