Results and Points NEC Arena 14/01

Mike

Hello guys,

WD to all survivors.. erm I mean race winners lol, and to tonights topscorder, Murf.

Thanks for racing all and hope to see you all back next week :thumbup:

Results:

Heat 1: 399 561 1 233 8 112 413 16 262 488

Heat 2: 262 87 1 16 413 315 527 61 221 3

Heat 3: 527 112 8 561 525 233 399 87 3 95

A-Final: 561 527 16 8 112 413 1 87 262 61

GN: 233 561 527 112 3 16 87 413 1 8

47 pts 561 Murf

39 pts 527 FastTrack

32 pts 112 TomD

30 pts 16 JK

28 pts 8 Tosh

25 pts 1 Dazza

22 pts 413 Matthew

21 pts 87 Robin

20 pts 233 Grasser

15 pts 262 Harmen

10 pts 399 GoinginStyle

9 pts 3 Johno

5 pts 61 WaningeJr.

4 pts 525 Mav

3 pts 315 Mike

1 pts 95 Hutchy

1 pts 221 Spike

1 pts 488 Dave

0 pts 172 Spike jnr

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 365 Trav

Thanks for the meeting. I found it virtually impossible to get round those tight corners, but was worth turning out I think, and certainly enjoyed a bit of fun and games with Trav in the GN to round the night off.

Sheffield next week should be a better meeting for me. :thumbs_up:

Well what an interesting night of racing.... I blame Dazza for the end as he said I was too quiet before the final!!

Thanks to Mike for running the meeting, and to Murf on winning the final and being the top scorer.

Onto my night first of all, and it is pretty much story of my season - did not get the breaks as and when I needed them. Scored hardly any points once again, so really not going well for me.

So onto the issues:

JK's jump start

JK has admitted to me by PM that he was right behind the blues at the time of the green flag. He quite rightly points out that the rolling lap was not consistant, however, it is very clear that the grade gaps must be kept the same. He is not the first person to fall foul of this, as I punished fasttrack earlier in the series as well.

In the suggestion thread, and on the forum, many people pointed out that the starts were poor. I made it very clear that we as an admin team were going to clamp down on the starts, and unfortunately in this case, the original winner of the final was punished.

Had I have been the race manager for the evening, and thus been running the server, I would have restarted the race. But not being admin, having to leave the race, sign in as Admin and then restart the race would have meant 2 laps would have been run and people would have complained. I don't blame Mike one bit, as he was at the back of the grid and I am sure from his view it was fine.

We will continue to punish drivers for jumping the start, and once we have a proper steward back, races will be restarted quickly and effectively ala Heat.

Follow Ins

I made a warning at the start of the meeting that if I saw a driver follow a driver in, I would load them up.

For those of you that think I have just said that and done nothing, watch all of the races from my car, cab view, and then tell me if I have missed a followin. If I have, I will step forward and apologise. It is very easy to make a mistake or miss something when your racing yourself.

The one incident I did see was in the Heat 1, the race I did not race in, and even then, I am not sure it would have been a followin. I was sat on Harmans car and Trav had a stab from a long way back. He missed, and later on when he came across harman again, he did not have an over the top hit on him at all, as I wondered if he would target him. He didn't, nothing needed to be said.

Trav and Spike then had a hard hitting battle, but neither driver took the other one out to the fence in the clips that I seen from viewing harmans car.

I wll indeed look at replays if thats what people want. I do try and relax the rules a little more, but follow ins do not belong in F1. You can do them in bangers and NZ but they do not belong in F1.

Well, I wait to be shot down for being too soft, or for being too hard..... but at the end of the day, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Cheers

Johno

With the best will in the world, there are going to be prangs on the bends at this track because of it being so tight and slippy, and likely retaliations too.

I very much agree Al - and there are also going to be occasions where people think they have been unfairly soun out due to the nature of the track.

My issue is with follow ins - and this is one driver pushes the other right out to the fence whilst still in contact with the car in front. I did not see any of them tonight, but have not watched the replay.

Cheers

Johno

It's a very hard track to race at cleanly. I got a bit fed up of JK constantly hitting my left rear and half spinning me so gave him a hit that was probably a bit too hard, but not a follow in. Fair play to him next time he was behind me there was no huge hit.

Don't like the track as you never get close to winding the cars up.

Thanks for the meeting. I found it virtually impossible to get round those tight corners, but was worth turning out I think, and certainly enjoyed a bit of fun and games with Trav in the GN to round the night off.

Cheers Bigal i enjoyed it to m8 i do the winter meetings for a bit of fun and had some great fun with Dave,mike and the dutch lads :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..