Skin Uploads - Beginning of the season

Mike

Just a wee query ref skins...I read on the F1 league rules to ensure that the superstar lights are not installed unless you are graded accordingly. However, the SmithX chassis doesn't seem to have a "downgrade" to switch 'em off...do I have a dodgy download or is the SmithX chassis generally short on upgrades compared to the rest of the cars? It doesn't seem to have any wheel upgrades like some of the other cars do...just wanted to check before I earn myself a ban when I eventually appear on track!

Just a wee query ref skins...I read on the F1 league rules to ensure that the superstar lights are not installed unless you are graded accordingly. However, the SmithX chassis doesn't seem to have a "downgrade" to switch 'em off...do I have a dodgy download or is the SmithX chassis generally short on upgrades compared to the rest of the cars? It doesn't seem to have any wheel upgrades like some of the other cars do...just wanted to check before I earn myself a ban when I eventually appear on track!

Hello Skeet,

I am afraid I dont have Rfactor installed on my lap top and I am staying at a relatives.

I can check when I get home on Thursday, but I would imagine that someone will reply to help you.

If it doesnt have the option to turn it off, I can assure you we wont ban you sir ........... unless you start winning too much and then we will make you start with the guys with the flashing lights as you have them on!! :rofl:

Cheers

Johno

Ignore the previous message...managed to trace the fault to my vehicle file! When I was getting my skins sorted, I don't think there were any other SmithX vehicle files amongst the online skins folder so I think I must have copied the Andy Smith vehicle file, and the upgrades led to 391X_Upgrades.ini rather than smithX_Upgrades.ini. Last stupid question is will this affect my use of the chassis online as obviously I've uploaded a copy of the duff vehicle file in with my skins, or if I amend it after installing the skinpacks should all be ok? Never been any good with bloody wiring, darn those Stupidstar lights!!! :banghead2:

Edited by Skeet_Tong

Ignore the previous message...managed to trace the fault to my vehicle file! When I was getting my skins sorted, I don't think there were any other SmithX vehicle files amongst the online skins folder so I think I must have copied the Andy Smith vehicle file, and the upgrades led to 391X_Upgrades.ini rather than smithX_Upgrades.ini. Last stupid question is will this affect my use of the chassis online as obviously I've uploaded a copy of the duff vehicle file in with my skins, or if I amend it after installing the skinpacks should all be ok? Never been any good with bloody wiring, darn those Stupidstar lights!!! :banghead2:

You will get a VEH mismatch!

Hi Skeet,

You're entirely right with your diagnosis of the problem - maybe we we need to make it clearer that the novice VEHs should be used as a basis for everybodys personal ones rather than the ones from real life skins, as your not the only person I've encountered over the last month or two falling fowl of this. For reference, the real life skins often utilise a unique upgrades file, which allows us to lock upgrades to a particular skin, so if you use that veh, which points to that unique upgrade file, you can only choose the upgrades we've chosen for that skin.

My suggestion would be for admin to let you off on this occasion, and to ensure mike 315 has a correct veh file to throw into the next skinpack, then it should all be fine! Also, as Drumb says, don't change the VEH locally as you'll be mismatched and get kicked from races.

MoR

Hello Skeet,

Sorry sir, I am still not home to have a look.

We will let you off sir. If you cant use your skin for whatever reason, then you may use a novice skin.

When you have put it onto the 'noivce template' that MoR refers to, send it to Mike to put in the pack. I believe he has got a few skins so we will probably do a pack sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Johno

Thanks for all your help lads...it looks like I'll only manage one meeting between grading periods anyway so if admin are happy to let me off for that one meeting, I'd appreciate it (you'll no notice the flashing lights on the yellow roof anyway!) and will upload the corrected file to where ever I'm asked as soon as I'm home on Sunday :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..