The F1 Dirter

Dazza290

Only just got round to reading it.

I would say that I appreciate the time taken to do these, and fully enjoy reading, but I doubt I will post everytime I have read one unless I have a comment to make.

It is certainly better to read something like this than a boring plain post on the forum, and I am grateful that we are getting feedback in response to grumblings amongst the members.

Keep them coming guys, although the response maybe miniable, doesn't mean we don't enjoy reading them!

Awesome stuff Dazza.

Dazza appears to try and take the blame for it being late, but the fact was I have not been around to convert it, so I am sorry guys.

Top stuff putting it together though Dazza :thumbs_up:

Nice read and looks splendid.

Re "Some people have even moaned during the meeting when it has been clearly advertised as such." Fair enough, although I was not aware until turning up that it was impossible to set the server to dark for practice & warmup, so if I was one of the moaners, that was why I did not fancy it much. :shrug:

At least I know which meetings to miss now. :rofl:

I feel that we are running on an excellent (F1) mod here but even so, as a result of the base mod (rFactor) we have few variables compared to real racing. For example we do not have a true loose surface track where grip moves to the outside and the inside becomes slick over the course of a race/meeting, with the track drying out over the same duration...we also do not have yellow flags nor do we have rain affecting the track, and all of the aforementioned play a big part in real racing.

To have some meetings run in dark conditions is, to me, refreshing in that it does at least offer a variable and a challenge, as people are not used to racing in those conditions. How much practice do real StockCar drivers get on a real shale track, daylight or darkness? None at all apart from their last meeting or 5 laps for a novice. I found it as difficult as the next man to adjust to the dark conditions at Sheffield, but we need these variables in order to make the racing exciting - if it were all run in 100% predictable conditions with everyone having practiced to the n'th degree in those conditions, I can see things could get pretty boring.

To have some meetings run in dark conditions is, to me, refreshing in that it does at least offer a variable and a challenge, as people are not used to racing in those conditions. How much practice do real StockCar drivers get on a real shale track, daylight or darkness? None at all apart from their last meeting or 5 laps for a novice. I found it as difficult as the next man to adjust to the dark conditions at Sheffield, but we need these variables in order to make the racing exciting - if it were all run in 100% predictable conditions with everyone having practiced to the n'th degree in those conditions, I can see things could get pretty boring.

You make a good point, Corny - maybe you are right and it is actually a leveller.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..