Results and Points Ipswich

Mike

Well done to every race winner and 399 for topscoring. He will be yellow next week for scoring 30+ points.

Results:

Heat 1: 16 399 137 391 1 531 262 531 525 221

Heat 2: 561 391 39 1 3 112 137 636 291 48

Heat 3: 399 16 112 8 315 3 262 531 31 107

Consi 1: 488 291 164 107 363 221 525 495

A-Final: 39 107 399 531 262 3 8 112 31 315

GN 1: 262 107 561 1 31 8 39* 363 495 137

GN 2: 391 399 112 291 3 315 16 221 515 172

*LeeK took the lap handicap in the GN

** Lee 531 is removed from the GN1 results because he had to race GN2 instead

43 pts 399 GoingInStyle

41 pts 39 LeeK

31 pts 107 JanHarm

30 pts 262 Harmen

26 pts 3 Johno

26 pts 112 TomD

24 pts 391 Corny

21 pts 8 Tosh

20 pts 531 Lee

20 pts 16 JK

17 pts 561 Murf

17 pts 1 Dazza

14 pts 31 Skeet

14 pts 315 Mike

10 pts 137 MoR

9 pts 291 Marten

5 pts 221 Spike

4 pts 363 Walker

3 pts 495 Lew

3 pts 515 Big Al

2 pts 172 Spikejnr

1 pts 48 Tinman

1 pts 525 Mav

0 pts 164 Jarry

0 pts 488 Dave

Edited by Mike

Thanks for running the meeting admin, another great evening's racing :appl:

Got a chuffty badge on today - was really struggling to find a rhythm around the track but eventually managed to post some consistent times with a setup that kept the car fairly balanced. Nae much luck in the heats - whacked a spun car in both of them but thanks to other people's misfortunate - and much to my surprise - slipping through to 9th in Heat 3 got me into the Final woop woop! Didn't expect to score in it either - starting from the front of the yellows is no exactly ideal when you've got the likes of Leek and Corny behind ya! Survived the first bend hit and thankfully the action seemed to happen behind me, and it left a bit of breathing space before any of the red tops began to appear...there was no point messing up my own race by getting involved in a battle I was never gonna win so latched onto the rear bumper of Tom and saw out the last few laps for a top 10. Likewise in the GN, once Harmen and JH broke free, I was never gonna keep up so again, just tried keeping up with the quick cars after they got past. The flishy flashy lights are getting ever closer... :rofl:

Opted for my Buxton Setup as this had the least amount of arsiness, which meant it pushed on in the bends thus having to wait for it to pull round before booting it out of the bends. Felt comfortable and was ok, so I left alone during the meeting (any looser and I would have been spinning all the time!).

Heat 1 stayed out of trouble and kept going and was rewarded with 9th and ONE POINT!!!! Off the mark :thumbup:

Heat 2 got forced to the back, but head one cracking lap with two belting hits, couldn't believe I did them and held on, but eagerness/stupidity took over and I went for a third hit which was too far ahead and on contact spun and so did Marten, sorry m8.

Consi was all about holding on, and with the added pressure of Tosh watching, I took it steady but still managed to spin after putting a wheel on the curb!! 7th though got me into my first final of the season.

Final, I was looking forward to, but as usual my luck never holds in the opening laps and Spike swipped my front end into a tyre, and race effectively over. Got going again only for a superstar pile up on straight, backed right off (must've been doing only 20-30mph) and hit Dazza on the back bumper which immediately spun the car and I was straight when I hit him :unsure: After that it was just a case of staying out of the way and racing with Dave until he made his error and left me to circulate on my own.

GN, can't remember much about it, just that I was at the back again within a few laps. Tried to catch up but to no avail.

So all in all, not a bad performance and quite enjoyable. :thumbs_up:

Looking forward to my white roof in a fortnight (may not do Cov as I don't get on with it). Cya soon.

I took it steady but still managed to spin after putting a wheel on the curb!! 7th though got me into my first final of the season.

lol i thought you had blown it at that point mav, was hand over eyes moment lol.

kev he should be working :rolleyes::thumbup:

He does allow me to have a lunch break Spike :rofl:

I took it steady but still managed to spin after putting a wheel on the curb!! 7th though got me into my first final of the season.

lol i thought you had blown it at that point mav, was hand over eyes moment lol.

You and me both m8 - But I didn't panic like I usually do and end up just spinning on the spot, so I am learning :king:

First of all, as always, thanks very much to Mike and Kevin for running the meeting.

I think it is fair to say that after the disaster of Wednesday night for me personally, Thursday night was a lot better.

Heat races could have been a lot better had I been a little more patient. I am pleased how I fought back in those races though, and picked up some decent results.

Onto the final, and I didnt get a bad start, but we were in a pack, and as per normal, we started knocking ten bells out of each other. Fortunately, I got the break I needed, as with Murf leaving hal a door open, I forced my way through. From there it was all about if I could catch anyone, and I reeled off a few places. My car really came good in the last 3 laps, as I had looked after my tyres, but I didnt know what the laps were at the time, and tapped Lee wide on the pernultimate lap. Had I have realised what lap we were on, I would have waited, as I thought we could catch the white top ahead. Must take note of the laps next time, and time my attack a little better - although I must say Lee, the line you took with a bounce off the fence was interesting as I didnt really hit you hard enough for the fence. I wouldnt have beat you anyway, as JarHarm had managed to get me nicely and pinch the place off me.

Grand National - tired somethign different with the set up, and it was very poor early on in the race, so had to really scrap for my position. In the second half of the race, it came good, but it was too late. Had a last bend dive at Marten, but didnt get him wide enough, and for the second time in a week on tarmac, I was beaten by the length of the front bumper. Think it worked out about 0.03 of a second.

Anyway, next week, we are back on the shale of Coventry for World Championship Qualifying Round 6. The last meeting at these current grades, so I am sure there are a few drivers hoping to make the most of it.

I have put some pictures on the website of some more drivers, fromboth Belle Vue and Ipswich. I hope to try and get a variety, but I do apologise if I have not got you this time. I will try and get different drivers, unl;ess I want one for a reason.

Cheers

Johno

Fortunately, I got the break I needed, as with Murf leaving hal a door open, I forced my way through. From there it was all about if I could catch anyone, and I reeled off a few places. My car really came good in the last 3 laps, as I had looked after my tyres, but I didnt know what the laps were at the time, and tapped Lee wide on the pernultimate lap. Had I have realised what lap we were on, I would have waited, as I thought we could catch the white top ahead. Must take note of the laps next time, and time my attack a little better - although I must say Lee, the line you took with a bounce off the fence was interesting as I didnt really hit you hard enough for the fence. I wouldnt have beat you anyway, as JarHarm had managed to get me nicely and pinch the place off me.

I put the boot down to try drift it round whilst fighting the spin, setup was perfectly fine but tended to "snap" once past a certain angle which im yet to cure across all mods.

Enjoyed the racing, bit annoyed at my mistake of nerfing a car on exit which ended up with me being spun out the top 5 in a heat.

Cya's at Cov. :042:

Did not get chance to practice beforehand, but I remembered the track seemed ok previously, so just turned up and hoped to be on reasonable pace. I was surprised to find that even the slowest drivers were considerably quicker than me, seems like setups don't stand still here.

My perseverance of keeping going despite being dire paid off with a lucky 8th place in the GN, which gave me one of my best ever scores of 3 points. :thumbup:

Well done to GoingInStyle for top scoring - he just needs to watch his passing other white tops when going to the grid, there again he won't be white anymore which will help. :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..