SPIKE 221 3

LEEK 39 2

STYLE 399 2

SKEET 31 2

HARMEN 262 0

JNR 172 0

BIG AL 0

Edited by Spike

Many thanks for running another slick meeting and for the super late booking Spike :2:

Hednesford just didn't seem to favour the yellow graders last night...it didn't seem to matter how sensible we were trying to sort ourselves oot, the blue graders were on yer bumper in no time and one of us would end up being spun. Only managed to score in Heat 3 as the field seemed to be rather spread oot after all the shuffling was done so it was just a case of reeling off the laps to avoid a nil score. I had a stupid expectation that cos of the speed of the track, it would be a bit more difficult to get the big hits in...how wrong was I, it was a bit rough last night!!! Harmen the sneaky git - not satisfied with showing me his acrobatic skills at Buxton - used Murf as a cueball to plant me in one of the heats...I knew Murf wasn't capable of such strength :scared15: Such is life tho, another 4 race finishes and a couple of points...thanks to Mav's sandbagging going awry last night, it puts me another step closer to white :rofl:

First of all, as always, thanks very much to Spike for running the meeting, and to Kev for stewarding the races.

Congratulations to Mike on taking the meeting Final, and with that, the top points scorer for the meeting.

Once again, it was a case of 2 heat wins and a Grand National win. There is no doubt that I am quick on tarmac, as quick as some of the drivers at the back, but I seem to drive poorly in Grand Finals. I thought at first it was because there were more cars and I dont settle into a rhythm as quickly, but it cant be true as I have won the all in Grand Nationals, so I really am stumped! O well, there is always tonight.

Was talking to Corny last night, and as I have said previously, I was gutted to go down to blue. The aim for this year was to get in the shootout without needing a spell at blue, as last year I actually needed two spells to get in. So like I said to him, if I have to be at blue, I need to make sure that next grading period, I am at Superstar, and therefore that is the new aim. So I need to start scoring in Finals, as that is where all the points are at.

I will apologise once again to Skeet. I was one of those blue tops that spun him out, in the final. Spike JNR was half on the racing line in the middle of turns 3 and 4, and after he was there for a second time, I thought he was staying there for the race. Went in too fast, expecting him being there, and spun Skeet out. Apologies for that Skeet.

I am going to mention the starts before tonights meeting, but I will mention them briefly now.

The rolling speed is 20mph. We all know that now - it is the 3rd year of rolling at scuh speed. We have also warned drivers before about warming up tyres, which means thay drop from their grade. You must stay with your grade at all times and roll at a constant 20mph. However, we need to be a little realistic, and sometimes, for whatever reason, things dont quite go perfect. If this is the case, then you need to do whatever is required to maintain the gaps. If that means slowing down a little, then slow down a little. If it means speeding up a little, then speed up a little. If gaps are not kept, then punishments will be handed out (we have done this in the recent Winter Series). If people are seen to be rolling over the speed limit for no reason, then punishments will be handed out (we have already done this once this year). If people back of their grade to warm up brakes or tyres, then they will be punished. You dont need to ram the car in front, but you should be able to keep within 1 car length maximum.

Anyway, when we got onto the racing, it seemed quite good. Some good healthy battles, and apart from the Grand National, the starts did not seem too bad at all.

Roll on tonight!

Cheers

Johno

Grand National start was down to me. :blink:

If you watch the start, exiting turn 2, Big Al clipped the fence, then Jnr did and although I did nothing different to all my previous races, I found myself clipping the fence but with more force that the two before. It then flicked my front end in causing a spin. I though I had gathered it enough to get going again, but Spike clipped my front end and all hell broke loose then. Very Very Sorry to all whom got caught up in it.

After much practice, I sorted the setup myself and was very happy with how it drove. Heats were good but come the final I was confident going off from Pole. It's so much easier to just nail it from the front then to be messed about within grades. After watching the replay, I still cannot fathom out how I lost the final, it just wasn't possible!! Third is my first rFactor Final podium so I have to be pleased with that.

I'll be still waiting for you at white Skeet as there are a few shale meetings coming up which I still can't master!!

the last two having no luck at all got the pace now but not finishing :coffee:

maybe time too take a few weeks off i think

Don't be silly Spike - like you said - your getting better- you dont give up when that is happening!!

My results showed me get a 10th with Corny being 9th (I ran into him just before the finish line). Was feeling pleased with myself for scoring, but looks like I didn't after all?

Which race was it Al?

If it was Heat 3 - I did not register until about a third of the way through the race for some reason - which could be why your result gives you tenth, but when you put me back into the results, you will be 11th. It said that I had finished 14th, but I had only completed 15 laps I think it was.

Cheers

Johno

My results showed me get a 10th with Corny being 9th (I ran into him just before the finish line). Was feeling pleased with myself for scoring, but looks like I didn't after all?

Which race was it Al?

If it was Heat 3 - I did not register until about a third of the way through the race for some reason - which could be why your result gives you tenth, but when you put me back into the results, you will be 11th. It said that I had finished 14th, but I had only completed 15 laps I think it was.

Cheers

Johno

Looking at the results, must have been heat 2 as Corny is shown as 10th. Oh well, I was a happy guy for 24 hours. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..