Birmingham Results/Points

Johno3

Hello Guys,

First of all, thanks to Mike for running the meeting, and to Kev for stewarding the races.

I was fortunate enough to be able to pinch the final off Leech on the last bend. Top marks to Leech for not running to the fence to try and ride it, and he tried to fight it fairly and cleanly, as it was not hard enough for him to reach the fence.

Results

HEAT 1: 137 126 1 561 315 221 16 17 484 527

HEAT 2: 3 112 391 561 16 39 531 551 262 137

HEAT 3: 3 164 126 112 531 1 527 315 172 17

FINAL: 3 126 112 1 315 531 137 16 525 8

GN: 137 126 112 527 531 8 221 16 3 1

47pts 3

43pts 126

39pts 112

31pts 137

27pts 1

25pts 531

19pts 315

18pts 16

11pts 527

10pts 8

10pts 561

8pts 221

7pts 164

6pts 525

6pts 391

3pts 39

2ps 17

1pt 172

1pt 484

1pt 551

1pt 262

0pts 515

Can I just say thanks to everyone that raced tonight. It is going to be very interesting to see what people made of the meeting. Up front, it seemed fine, and there were some very good battles. However, when I was at the back in the GN, I noticed in my mirrors there were one or two drivers that were totally and utterly out of line. Well I can tell you now, this is not acceptable and those people will punished, admin or not admin.

I have heard a couple of people mention driving standards over the last couple of weeks. I find it very interestin to hear this, as I think this season has been a very good one to date. Don't get me wrong, there has been some very dodgy races, in a couple of heated meetings, but to label the whole season a poor season for driving standards is a bit too much.

I think we have to be realistic, and admit that at times, there will be bad races. But this is where we as Admin members need to step up and punish the people that ruin races accordingly, as we have so far this year. People have had bans this year, and drivers have had points, and dont forget, any points that a driver gets says on their licence for a period of 13 months.

Anyway, as always, I would be more than happy to har what people thought of the meeting, good or bad. But as always, if your going to post something bad, try and add to it something constructive to help the league improve. But also think to yourself: This season has on the whole has not been a bad one - one bad night does not make it a bad season!

Finally, next week we are back in action, with the new grades, on the SHALE OF BRADFORD!

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I was fortunate enough to be able to pinch the final off Leech on the last bend. Top marks to Leech for not running to the fence to try and ride it, and he tried to fight it fairly and cleanly, as it was not hard enough for him to reach the fence.

Cheers for thw kind words mate :-).... im not a cheat... it was last bend knew it was coming, im not just going to go flying into the fence and possible lose out on 2nd, i was happy with my proformance tonight and racing was good from where i was, just wish i could make these abit more often :(....

Cheers johno, Mike and Kev for the meeting and kev for stew! top job lads.... will be back soon as i can :-)

For me - not such a good meeting...... 8th and 10th in heats. Final was poor and GN lap downed while in 4th although i wasnt the intended driver and Mike hit lee into me, just remember paybacks last forever.

also i decided to hit back (legally) as normally i dont bother thus spinning out a couple cars.

This final grid system for me is rubbish. I guess this is kind of a moan in a way but I am trying to be constructive and not destructive. Base the girds of the last grading period is silly. that means the under graded driver who has gone down, not due to lack of speed but luck ( severly undergraded IMO)starts infront of the driver who has come up from yellow. Yes i understand it goes of averages for that particular surface but to line up in the final and have the heat winners in front of you well i might as well not show up for the final. Now thats just how i feel about it. I guess there is not real solution to the answer is there ?

My 2nd point which is going to russle a few feathers....

In particular there are about 4-5 drivers who seem intent on smashing any car next corner if you pass them. The common Answer of "you ping just sends you flying" is getting old. I use to accept it and sometimes yes its true but when the hit when viewed on replay shows your rev limiter on the button or you braking a heck of a lot later than every other lap.......well you be the judge. I consider myself a fair racer, i give room especially at the start of a race only to be rolled bowled and a$$holed by a freight train of drivers intent on winning the race on lap 3 of a final and to be frank its ballcrap . It sounds like im complaining that im getting hit with the majority response will be : its "stockcars". Ive watched the f1 stockcars many times and theres a reason they are built the way thay are. heck even nz stockcars race like uk stocks unless its a champ or teams meeting.

0600 I get up to be ready in time to race, no im not after the sympathy vote at all but latley in the last coming weeks, i think my best points haul is 7 or 8 is this really worth it and to be honest it hasnt been. I dont mind getting beat by the faster car but having my nose put into the wall every week isnt fun.

I think some of the reason why the racing is like it is could be the points system mainly the heats. 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-1. <<<----- it doesnt seem like much but to those of use fighting down the lower places over a few weeks it is and i dont belive this is aligned with real life ?

I think this is the end of my rant for now. Comments welcomed but if your going to $hit on me use the pm system

I think some of the reason why the racing is like it is could be the points system mainly the heats. 8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-1-1. <<<----- it doesnt seem like much but to those of use fighting down the lower places over a few weeks it is and i dont belive this is aligned with real life ?

I shall add more general comments later on but just for the time being, regarding the points system for Heats it is in fact exactly aligned with 'real life', any meeting where the drivers race two Heats each (as we also do online every week obviously) carries those Heat points.

Bearing in mind that we usually have 14-16 people in a Heat, having to aim for a 10th place finish in order to get a point is not exactly putting points scoring beyond anyone's wildest dreams, to be fair, though of course it can feel that way I know if you are unlucky enough to be spun/crashed right out've contention and end up battling for maybe a 12th place. I think it would be generally accepted however that any battle going on for those lower places is solely for 'pride', as well as valuable race practice on the track for the next race(s) meetings there? With our current system, if you compare the numbers racing to 'real life' turnouts in Heats, in most cases the points structure for online works out more generously, as in a 2/3rds format real meeting the Heat grids can be into the 20's.

9th not bad 1 point was gd althoght didnt know what ws going on slightly lol did my best but car wasnt setup total right so jus wasnt my night congrates to u johno , leech congrates m8 u nearly had it and well done to every1 i fort it was anther gd meeting no truble what so ever ow and thz mike for putting me in ht2 life saver might not have been back in time otherwize with my karatie dazza u dove amaingly tonight was whaching u in ht 1 thz mike and johno and kev for the meeting looking forward to next week

thank you all

Spike Jnr :ninja::coffee:

There are only a handful of drivers out there who race with respect, there are those who show consideration, then the remainder are just (Enter own word here).

For me being white was all about getting away and finishing in the top ten, scoring points. We are white for a reason, ie slower lap times, less ability etc, SO WHAT THREAT DO WE POSE?? Push us wide without spinning us and be on your way. We won't be firing back into you as we want to finish and get points. How many times have you read on the forum when a white finishes in the top ten - "That was brilliant - really enjoyed that!" even if it was just 9th place.

So why on earth do drivers have to resort to "Dirty" moves ruining our races and making us feel absolutley gutted and annoyed????

Personally I would rather move over and loose a place, than be done by someone and loose the whole race. I am never going to get back into a race when I have gone out, so the art is to stay in the race the best I can.

Like any white I really was on my limit last night, car pushing on one minute, then loose out of the bends, next lap as perfect as I could be, then the car goes off and its a mare to drive, but all I was hoping for was a chance to score points. In every race this was taken from me last night.

Having seen Spike struggle from yellow, whom is roughly my standard, it gives me no confidence to be put closer to the "Remainder" at the start, thus giving me no incentive to even try racing shale nor those tarmac tracks I struggle at.

Soon you won't have lower grade drivers to race against, because all those whom can race will gain points and be upgraded ie Leech, and those who can't ie myself will pick and choose the meetings we feel confident at. Grids will be top heavy as those blues who don't race can't be downgraded to the vacant yellow slots, and the reds will always remain red as they race the most often. Some of them will then be cheesed off enough not to race if current trends continue and you will be back to 14 - 20 cars per meeting - mostly reds.

I don't feel as if I want to try the two shale meetings coming up, so I will have to wait until the Skegness double bill, a track I really do like and hope to do well at, beyond that we shall have to see. So see you on 12th May.

Heat One I stuck solidly at 20mph until the Go, I think I should have speeded up a bit on the bend as on the outside of the roller I fell back, then the first yellow was on me down the straight, gave me a hit and I was at the back of the field already.

Heat Two was quite enjoyable.

The Final & GN were terrible for me, too many cars with my pc struggling a bit and chaos everywhere. I was especially disappointed to make another mistake, overcook the corner and catch out Mav who was possibly leading and ended up careering onto the centre. He could have done without that. :banghead2:

I came away from the meeting thinking it's time for a break, but I will probably feel different by Thursday. ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..