Results and Points Wimbledon 27/05

Mike

Thanks all for racing and to Kev for stewarding again! Well done to all race winners and on to the final I had really all the luck on my side lol

I hope to see you all next week again.

Results:

Heat 1: 380 3 8 315 551 525 1 221 164 363

Heat 2: 262 112 137 315 561 3 531 413 515 107

Heat 3: 380 112 17 531 561 262 164 137 8 363

Consi: 172 31 527 221 413 363 107 325 515

A-Final: 315 380 1 17 527 8 531 561 112 137

GN: 107 137 172 561 112 527 315* 17 262 1

*315 took the lap handicap

TomD was docked two places in the final. Mattew was docked two places in the Grand National, thus promoting Dazza to 10th (Edited 3rd June)

45 pts 315 Mike

36 pts 380 davey boy

27 pts 112 Tom D

26 pts 17 munis

22 pts 561 Murf

22 pts 1 Dazza

21 pts 137 MoR

20 pts 527 fast track

19 pts 8 Tosh

15 pts 531 Lee

14 pts 262 Harmen

13 pts 107 JanHarm

10 pts 3 Johno

9 pts 172 spikejnr

4 pts 551 Savage

3 pts 164 Jarry

3 pts 525 Maverick

1 pts 413 matthewb

2 pts 363 walker

1 pts 515 Big Al

1 pts 221 Spike

0 pts 325 bobbert

0 pts 31 Skeet

Edited by Johno3

Thanks to Mike and Kevin for sorting the meeting out.

Well done to Mike on taking the meeting final.

Personally, it was a case of stock car ups and downs. Last week I had the highs and this week I had the lows. It is the way stock car racing goes.

If you look at the racing from my pov, it wasnt bad racing at all (infact it was a very good meeting on a very tricky track). It is purely bad luck, being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Well done to all the drivers tonight. I think they worked hard o make sure the racing was good, and there were some very good battles to be seen.

Next week we go hunting for World Qualifying Points again, and with the new grades, it is boun to be another superb meeting!!

Cheers

Johno

I enjoyed tonight......

Final and GN I was up in top3 btu in final jarry hit the fence and into me.

GN i was turned down on as soon as go was called pushing me into the tires causing a massive pile up. I got away to be running in the top 5 then 2 laps to go a track blockage moving me down to around 7th or 8th......

Here is another Moan from me and its to do with grids. Not once was i off the front all night. luckily for Davey he won both his heats but then gets pole for the final, yeah I know it goes off averages etc but it just dont seem right.

Why you say I didn't overtake people going to grades ? as last time I did this I got a warning.

Well done race winners though and Mike for winning from Superstar grade.

Munis

Was a very run meeting tonight, happy with the two wins in the heats and getting 2nd in the final after leading most of the race...must say again unlucky to MoR.

I was too confused with the final grid, as last week i was at the back but this week i was pole yellow, was going to say something but neither Kev or Johno said anything so thought there was something I didnt know.

Wont be racing next week due to work so hopefully the week after I will be racing.

Cheers to kev and mike for the meeting.

Argh the dreaded nil score!!!

Very disappointed after tonight's racing...Wimbo is by far and away the best track I've raced on rFactor and after a short amount of practice, I was really looking forward to my second(!) return to the league. However, it seems I may have left my luck behind at the old flat as like Johno, it was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time for most of the evening...but that's Stock Car Racing!

Heat 2 got off to a bit of a duff start...was half spun on the first bend and a couple of laps later, was half spun whilst battling with Munis, unfortunately with a bit of warp evident...was quickly shuffled oot the top 10 and had little hope of rejoining the pack. Managed to safely negotiate the first bend of Heat 3 and was battling with Mav for a couple of laps until he battered off a fencepost, sending himself airborne and me into the marker tyres. Managed to get going again well doon the order and tried to keep up with Fast Track for most of the race as he closed in on Tosh and Walker's battle for 9th and 10th...Tosh quickly disposed FT into the fence whilst Walker got the better of our battle on the last lap for 10th.

The Consolation was obviously the highlight of the night...Bobbert doing myself, Spike and Spike Jnr a massive favour by collecting a marker tyre nearly midway through the race thus delaying the rest of the field and allowing us top 3 to wind down the laps for a place in the Final...boost! No a bad start to the Final...again found myself battling with Mav until he did the opposite of Heat 3 and battered off a marker tyre, again sending himself airborne but instead sending me oot to the fence. Got going again eventually and after a few laps, was involved in a battle with Murf, Savage amongst others...was half spun at some point with the subsequent delay having the result of bringing our battle into the path of leader Daveyboy. The second half of the race was very frantic...trying to stay out of the lead battle but trying to keep with your own battle for a possible points finish...sadly my hopes quickly faded when a slight bit of warp whilst side by side with Savage sent me into another half spin.

The start of the GN was an utter joke...no-one's fault to be honest but surely a false start could've been called as the resulting pile-up delayed almost the entire field before they reached the green flag, and left a few of us with hefty damage??? I can have no grumbles with the decision to run an all-in GN and I've no been racing long enough to know how often it happens due to car limits but under tonight's circumstances, surely it would've been deemed a "botched start" under the UK-Dirt rules? This is not to be taken as a criticism of Kev as I'm sure if he did restart the race, there would have been a grumble or two...and it would've made no difference to my results anyway!!!

One thing's for sure tho...I'm just glad it's only a game cos it's a bloody long drive back up to Aberdeen from Wimbo after a nil score lol! Thanks to Mike and Kev for running another slick meeting and to Madcowie for a fine update to a brilliant track...will cya whenever I manage to climb down from my soapbox :042:

Edited by Skeet_Tong

Certainly an interesting meeting! Was extremely enjoyable with some good racing all around. As I grumbled during the meeting, it's a shame I couldn't find that solitary post for Tom in heat 2 lol.

Was really really disappointed with the final - it leaves quite a bitter taste to go from 1st to nowhere in the last bend of the race. Was a corker of a race though - I managed to get a nice break from the reds and attempted to reel in Davey who had built up a good lead. The backmarkers weren't overly kind to him and bit by bit, I managed to get near him. With 2 to go, he had a slight hold up allowing me to get past. A bend later, he landed a monster of hit which was such a pig to hold that it allowed 3rd place Mike to get right up there. Going down the last straight, there was a backmarker who didn't give much room going into the bend, forcing me into the tyre as Davey and Mike went for the big last bend shot. Unfortunately for me, all that momentum turned just a standard tyre clip into a wheel-ripping disaster, leaving me pretty much stranded. Unfortunate, but that's racing!

Had some frustration in the GN - still seeing red from the previous race, I was quite determined to bag the win on this one. I was lucky enough to get a break from the first bend carnage that Skeet mentioned and pushed really hard all race. With 2 to go, I managed to catch the leaders 172 and 107, put in a big hit, only to find a nice hefty track blockage had occurred as we came out of the bend. Unfortunately wasn't close enough to contemplate a hit on JanHarm last bend, but a decent result nonetheless.

Well done to all race winners and Mike for the final/top scoring. Thanks for a slick meeting Mike and Kev.

Should be out for the WQR at Knockhill mid-June. See you all then!

9 points yay ^_^

ild like to thz kev and mike and johno for running it as usal was brill and well done to all race winners

wasnt on form as maniged to get into final but ended up spining and hit tyre bracking my front wheel while in midfeld when turning around and in my hts got dnf but 9 pints is that form my win in cons? are 3rd in gn??? i really dont know hopw from both i recanon its going to be a stuggle from yellow and all whites get on so we dont fight like u guys .

well donw bob u where getting better as meeting went on was brill to see u finsh meeting at he front with us will be brill 2 see u get yellow soon along with big al and pusher big chance as im not there now get to yellow while ya can =P

over all i finshed more races than last week at shelfeld but scored less points than last night =S ow well well done snr on 4th in cons u where fly and dazza brill like normal and tom was just in a class of his own with mike mean while others got stuck in pile ups

cant wait next week is kings lyn yay my favert track of all now as i think im yellow ill need to practice lodes then become blue by end of year is my goal for this year

thz again

spike jnr :coffee:

Finally after over a week of trying, I managed to get rfactor working on my new pc at about 6pm last night. Didn't have time to do any setup within rfactor, wheel etc, just went straight into praccy to get some form of setup (not raced here before) and to see the difference in the game due to the new pc. Not disappointed!!! It looks stunning at full spec, the skins and tracks are brilliant. However it hasn't improved my driving!!!

I have no replays to view, as I didn't set them up to save, which is a shame as I thought the racing was very good last night. Only crashes brought problems not stupid hits etc, which is excellent to see and be part of. My first heat far outweighed my expectations - 6th after fighting for top places all race. Second heat back down to earth though, tried to give Skeet room whom was on my inside and I went too wide collecting a post on the straight - end of race. Chuffed to have qualified for the final, but without seeing a replay I have no idea how I came to hit the tyre, because I was bombing down the track on my normal line then suddenly there was the tyre!!! Whether someone was on my outside pushing me inwards I don't know. Did get damage but could carry on in the hope of 10th, but 13th or 14th was the best I could do.

After Spike nailed everyone at the start and happily drove away, I get clear also, but just don't know how I went backwards from there, really need to see the replay of that one. I can remember giving love taps for several laps to Johno for 13th or so place during the race. Amazed I kept up with him for that long.

All in all a decent night although only 3 points. :thumbs_up:

Wd mike for winning a final and top scoring on night. Wd to JanHarm too on winning then gn, also wd heat winners too.

Thanks to all admin for running what seemed like a really smooth nights racing.

Well i am well pleased i now have rfactor working on new pc and with all graphics turned up on max it looks the nuts i must say.

I personally enjoyed the racing as i tried to learn how to get round without crashing and spinning too much. I tried to keep out of everyones way as best i could while still trying to go as fast as i could. Apologise to anyone i held up or collected when i crashed which seemed to be a few times lol

Hoping i can do more of these now but work is flat out at moment so am working every daylight hour i have which limits my time to get setups done etc so might not be every week as i dont wanna keep getting in the way and ruining a gd nights racing. Think i also need to start saving for a wheel to make these easier to drive but will plod on with pad for now.

Great to be racing with the old heat f1 lads again and hope to see you all next week.

Cheers

Bobbert325

Here is another Moan from me and its to do with grids. Not once was i off the front all night. luckily for Davey he won both his heats but then gets pole for the final, yeah I know it goes off averages etc but it just dont seem right.

Munis

I offered the front row slot in Heat 3 as I'd been pole yellow in Heat 2, but you said you were fine on the second row?

Certainly an interesting meeting! Was extremely enjoyable with some good racing all around. As I grumbled during the meeting, it's a shame I couldn't find that solitary post for Tom in heat 2 lol.

I had him lined up for a pukka fencing but you eager beavers shoved up the inside delaying my run on him lol.

Enjoyed the racing, only downside from my perspective was my cars setup and subsequent handling being dreadful meaning it was a battle for me to keep up with lap times being .500 off the pace.

Well done all winners.

Fao Muniz, if you have a problem with the grid ie not having front row then say? Dont complain when you havent asked.

Extra, big thanks to Cowie for updating the track.

Edited by Lee

I have edited the results post at the top to state that the results of the Final and Grand National are currently provisional. Issues related to use of the infield are currently being invesdtigated. Apologies for not anouncing this on Thursday night.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

Good to see a lot of positive posts about this meeting, I concur with them. Like Mav, I had not raced here before and had to rely on pre-meeting practice.

The track was quite hard on my graphics but I seemed to be able to shut out the rather fuzzy look at times without it really affecting my driving.

I really enjoyed the racing, I was dead chuffed to get a top 10 in my 2nd heat, and the consolation was brilliant. I managed to hang on to a top 6 finish until just a few laps to go, then had an awesome bumper battle with Walker and a Dutch guy for that crucial 6th place. I ended up in a tyre on the last bend but I wasn't bothered, was just buzzing to have had such an enjoyable battle.

Broke the car after a few laps of the GN so retired.

Another very well run meeting, thanks to all involved.

Congratulations to Spikejnr for maiking yellow, I must say I'll miss him not being at white, he has been great company. I hope at least a couple of other whites keep turning up, it makes all the difference. :thumbs_up:

big al ill always be white wil never change now ive gone its ur turn 2 become yellow then we will be team yellow together after all it will be easyer without me in front with ya just keep carm and ur fine =)

That's a nice thought, will do my best! It was great to see Bobbert debut too, glad he enjoyed it and looking forward to seeing him racing regularly hopefully. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..