Hednesford Results

Johno3

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to Kev for stewarding the races.

Well done to Mike on taking the meeting final and being the top points scorer.

I think it is fair to say that the racing tonight was fantastic. There were fantastic battles all over the track which is superb.

Results:

Heat 1: 31 315 365 262 1 8 363 527 17 112

Heat 2: 315 262 363 1 3 221 365 164 525 8

A-Final: 315 262 363 527 1 17 112 31 8 561

GN 1: 3 112 561 527 315 1 8 262 17 221

47 pts 315 Mike

36 pts 262 Harmen

29 pts 1 Dazza

26 pts 363 Walker

25 pts 527 fast track

21 pts 112 Tom D

16 pts 31 Skeet

16 pts 17 munis

16 pts 3 Johno

15 pts 8 Tosh

13 pts 561 Murf

8 pts 365 travel

5 pts 221 Spike

1 pts 164 Jarry

1 pts 525 Maverick

0 pts 172 spikejnr

Next week sees us race in the first world campionship semi final at Sheffield. More information will be available over the next week.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I wonder how many points i lose throughout the year...... Seems like Lee gets my 3rd place finish in gn.... Not bad as he wernt even there this time... :s

Really sorry I couldn't make it tonight, I went to server and my game crashed, not sure exactly what the problem is, it appears to be some sort of mismatch butI coudn't sort it in time.

Sorry again.

I wonder how many points i lose throughout the year...... Seems like Lee gets my 3rd place finish in gn.... Not bad as he wernt even there this time... :s

I have to keep you down somehow!! :rofl:

Seriously, I apologise sir.

Johno

EDIT: No problems Kruiz - we thought something had happened when you came in and out.

Edited by Johno3

Thanks as always to Johno and Kev for running the meeting :thumbs_up:

What an absolutely awesome evening of racing! Managed to get half an hour of tweaking time on Wednesday evening to try and put into practice what I'd learned since I last raced here (rather unsuccessfully I might add) and what a transformation...was clocking up sub 14sec laps but most important of all, I had the confidence in the car to be able to clock consistent lap times all within a tenth. Luckily I managed to get into pre-meeting practice a bit earlier than I usually do, so made a point of getting involved in traffic to see how I could cope around faster cars and was quietly pleased to be able to mix it with the likes of Mike, Tosh and Murf...until Tosh broke my car which made me drive into Stephen :scared15:

Was chuffed as hell to win the opening heat...yellow has been an absolute bitch of a grade because there are always plenty of cars and all the drivers know that unless they can break away, they are just gonna get sucked in by the higher grades...hence the bumpers always fly in the first few laps which can either make or break your race, through no fault of your own. Got a demon start and soon nudged Trav wide for the lead...he got a return hit on the next bend but the rear end grip I was getting was immense and I managed to pull away and keep enough of a gap to avoid any challenges, what a boost!

I'd kinda hoped that starting from the back of the yellows would be a bit of an advantage and it seemed to be the case at the start of heat 2 when everyone ahead stuck the bumper in on the first bend and left a gap up the inside...a bit of nerfing and sliding held us all up and the blues were on our case in no time, but for a good number of laps there was some fantastic hard-hitting racing going on until I eventually got caught on the inside rear and was spun oot of the top 10.

If Heat 2 was good, the Final was absolutely immense...again got a great start and all the yellows ahead slid wide on the first bend...bumpers flew in on turns 3 & 4 and I found myself in the lead but Trav was having none of it and blootered me wide on turn 1. Managed to keep the car from spinning but the impact with the armco had damaged something and the car was now as loose as a pair of baggy troosers so my chances of a win were oot of the window. Somehow I was able to keep up with the pack and was having a superb battle with Harmen, Walker, Fast Track and Munis for lap after lap til again I got punted wide, which put me back into the clutches of the red tops. I inadvertantly squeezed Tosh onto the inner rumble strips whilst trying to recover from opposite lock, and feared the worst when he caught up again in the final few laps for the last scoring position...he managed to tap me wide on turn 1 on the last lap and I thought rather than go for a last bender and risk spinning, I'd leave him to have a shot at Paddy and hope that one of them spun...ended up getting a double bonus tho as Tosh couldnae quite connect with Tom and slid wide, and then I had to contain my amusement at seeing Murf facing the wrong direction just yards from the Finish line...cue celebration at getting points in a Final!

The GN got off to a bad start...got spun in the early laps and rejoined at the back nearly half a lap doon...kept my head doon and caught up with the pack, and started picking off cars one-by-one and eventually joined a battle between Tosh, Harmen and Munis for the last paying positions...thought I had managed to sneak into 8th on the last lap as Harmen had been punted wide earlier, and I'd managed to ease Munis wide on turn 1...we were side by side charging down the back straight but as we fought for the inside line on the final turns Harmen seized his chance and planted Munis straight into me, spinning me oot on the last bend...was gutted not to get a point after all that work but it was another superb race, brilliant stuff.

Full marks to everyone last night...I thought it was gonna be difficult to top last week's meeting at Scunthorpe but jings what a belter of a meeting! I'm speechless...can't you tell??? :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..