VIDEO: UKDirt F1 World Final 2010

MoR137

Hi all,

Well here it is, my attempt at a video for this years excellent world final race. I've purposely gone for a distinct hand-held camera feel, as I think it takes some of the mechanical, game-y edge off of the game, I'm not just crap at taking videos in rfactor lol! Hopefully you get what i was trying to do with it....

Note: Change YouTube to 720p for best quality, especially when using full screen!

I hope you like anyway :)

Cheers,

MoR

Looks good to me. Is it possible for a download version of the original for full "game" quality as we would call it.

Loved the camera angles and simple half way listing. Makes you concentrate on the racing more than watch annotations along the bottom.

Thanks.

No other wayto describe that other than EPIC!

EPIC production. All of the videos I have ever seen, both here and at Simstox have been good, but that race was very easy to follow without needing any captions what so ever. Absolutely awesome.

EPIC World Final. Battles at the start including between 5-15 people every bend. The tension in the middle as the leader loses his gap one way or another, and then the superb tension in the last few laps, as Mike and Tom knock ten bells out of each other with JK hoping to pick up the pieces.

If that is not the best World Final ever - then the race that beats it must be out of this World.

As I said - epic world final and epic production from MoR. Everything about Thursday was simply sensational1 Well done to everyone involved!

Cheers

Johno

Superb MoR :appl:

Without a doubt, watching the replays from the 'hand-held' style cameras always gives a much better feeling of realism, and you've captured that here, great sensation of speed and just how chaotic those early laps were! Excellent video well worthy of what is, as others have said, the best UK-Dirt F1 World Final to date, and as good an advert as anyone could wish to see of what a quality product you have all created in terms of the simulation itself :thumbs_up:

Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Saturday was a total nightmare - I finished the video on Friday evening, so planned to get it exported and uploaded to youtube on Saturday morning. The exporting from Adobe Premiere took about 2 hours, and then it took 3 hours to upload it to youtube (my upload speed on my new connection isn't too great :( ). After that, I found out that all audio had been disabled from the video, because it infringed copyright (it had an intro to the video which had fanfare for the common man playing over it - some pretty snazzy tech YouTube has that can detect what song is playing even with my own custom fades and rfactor audio overlayed!!!!). To replace this, YouTube gave me the choice to choose a 'licensed' song to replace the audio, which I chose, which then took another hour to process before I could watch and decide that the whole feeling of the video had been destroyed. So, then I had to go through the whole process again after cutting the intro out, exporting, uploading etc - it was Saturday evening before it was all done! :banghead2:

As for a downloadable copy Lee, 720p is reasonably close to the exported version, but obviously not as close as the source files I took with fraps. Unfortunately, to add to my Saturday woes, the exported file's huge size meant I felt inclined to delete it from my pc now it was on YouTube, followed by the source files, which then automatically cleared the exported file out of my recycle bin due to the source files exceeding my recycle bin limits. Then I saw your post! Lol.

MoR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..