13 pts 221 spike

9 pts 527 ft

3 pts 561 murf

1 pts 172 spike jnr

0 pts 262 harmen

0 pts 285 mav jnr

0 pts 343 numbnut

0 pts 599 harold

Thursday Night Thunder Race 1: 236, 1, 3, 527, 137, 290, 221, 8, 31, 599, 172, 285 ( dnf 39, 391 )

Thursday Night Thunder Race 2: 290, 1, 137, 236, 391, 3, 527, 8, 31, 221, 172, 285 ( dnf 599, 39 )

The points scored were:

Name .. Points

DanSkin (236) .. 20

Tom D (1) .. 20

Dazza (290) .. 18

MoR (137) .. 16

Johno (3) .. 15

fast track (527) .. 13

Tosh (8) .. 8

Spike (221) .. 7

Corny (391) .. 7

Skeet (31) .. 6

Harold (599) .. 2

Zero: LeeK (39) , spikejnr (172) , Mav_Jnr (285)

This means that after 4 Thursday Night Thunder Series meetings the overall points table is:

Name .. Points

Tom D (1) .. 64

Corny (391) .. 48

MoR (137) .. 45

Johno (3) .. 44

Tosh (8) .. 42

Mike (315) .. 38

Dazza (290) .. 35

matthewb (413) .. 30

Aub (188) .. 27

fast track (527) .. 27

LeeK (39) .. 23

DanSkin (236) .. 23

Drumbstick (41) .. 20

Harmen (262) .. 17

Murf (561) .. 10

Skeet (31) .. 8

spikejnr (172) .. 7

Spike (221) .. 7

Dave (488) .. 7

Jarry (164) .. 2

Lars (553) .. 2

Harold (599) .. 2

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136) , Mav_Jnr (285)

The points scored by white, yellow & blue grade drivers, using the multiplication system [white x 2.0, yellow x 1.5, blue x 1.0] and excluding those drivers who are in the top 2 places in the overall points chart are:

Name .. Points

Tosh (8) .. 42.0

LeeK (39) .. 23.0

DanSkin (236) .. 23.0

Harmen (262) .. 17.0

Skeet (31) .. 12.0

spikejnr (172) .. 10.5

Spike (221) .. 10.5

Dave (488) .. 7.0

Harold (599) .. 4.0

Jarry (164) .. 3.0

Zero: Shawty (119) , Kruiz (136) , Mav_Jnr (285)

This meeting was also a National Points Shootout round. The cumulative points scored by the shootout drivers are (listed in their starting positions for the next round):

Name .. Points

[FRONT OF GRID]

Murf (561) .. 63

fast track (527) .. 70

Dazza (290) .. 77

Mike (315) .. 86

Johno (3) .. 88

Tom D (1) .. 89

[bACK OF GRID]

Edited by Kevin
Edited to add TNT results/points and update the NS points

First of all, thanks to Kev for running the meeting and to Spike for race managing.

I know I joke about it, but well done to Jarry for taking the meeting final. Always good to see you going well sir :) Well doe to MoR for top scoring too.

I thought the racing tonight was very good. At times it was very hard, especially between the shootout drivers, but I feel that is to be expected when we are racing for the silver roof. No one really broke away at the top and although Murf slipped behind, he is far from out of it.

Personally, I was a better night for me than I was expecting. Was not expecting anything really from the first 3 tracks in the shootout, as I dont like them, but in the eleventh hour I changed my set up to last week's and it worked a treat. I wasn;t as fast as I had been in practise, but I could run decent laps consistently and look after tyres at the same time. Even with damage I found that I looked after tyres well so I was very pleased.

Thanks once again, and see you all again next week. I might be a little more stressed next week by the time I get away from another school event!!!

Cheers

Johno

Cheers Spike for running the meeting so smoothly, despite Kev's best efforts to sabotage :rofl:

Another successful evening, and a stark contrast from my Ipswich debut earlier this season...back then, I barely scraped into the Final via the Consolation but netted my first rFactor F1 Final points paying finish...whereas tonight I scored well in the Heats, and ran oot of luck in the Final!

Straightforward first heat...got lucky to find myself in the lead after some of the whites got tangled up with fellow yellows Spike and Jarry, leaving a bit of a gap til Dan caught up...there was no point in mucking aboot as I would only come off worse, so tried to stick with him after he got past to try make up for the lack of setup time. Tried a different gearing in Heat 2 but couldn't get a clear enough track to see if it made any significant difference as the blues were amongst us yellows almost immediately, and I counted myself lucky to finish in the top 10.

Was in the wrong places at the wrong times in the Final...first I was the meat in the sandwich between a blue top and a white top which pitched me skywards, and on landing I was battered into a spin. Got going again and set aboot trying to catch up with the pack, but came across Murf entangled with someone on the outside of the home straight...tried my best to take avoiding action but I just caught Murf's back bumper which again sent me into a spin. By the time I was pointing in the right direction, race leader Jarry was filling my mirrors within a few laps...managed to hold him off for a few laps but made a couple of mistakes, so eventually let him through and tried not to get too close...lol. Well done to him on the victory, edging ever closer to Spike for the Whites & Yellows title!!! MON THE JOCKS!!!

Again got quite lucky in the GN when it seemed the white tops got into a bit of a tangle with the chasing pack behind, but by then Tosh and Corny were already through cleanly whilst soon after the World Chump came rattling past :3: lol

Three points finishes oot of 4 is nothing to be sniffed at...but it looks like I'll need to change my tactics for the Thunder Races...managed to scrape into the top 10 for both races but it was awfy rough stuff! Will hopefully cya'll again after my hols :042:

Thanks for the meeting Spike & Kev.

Very pleased to pick up a heat win, and good final position. I was expecting a stinker of an evening, a bit off the pace and it's always felt very fast here in previous meetings. Having no reds and with the superstars in a battle before the races went green seemed to give me the few laps to get rolling and make some progress that I needed though.

Looked like some good racing across the board tonight as well, lots of positions swapping and some errant cars for entertainment.

Well done Jarry for the final win, and MoR on top points.

Thanks for meeting Spike and Kev and well done on the final Jarry.

The meeting was very enjoyable, and I was very pleased to see I top scored (I think I've only done that 3 or 4 times in the 8 seasons i've been racing!). Seeing that there was no reds booked in initally made me think I didn't stand much chance (I feel much more suited to picking through action rather than setting fast laps on an open track), undoubtably having shootout s/s on my back before long, but in most races I seemed to keep them at bay until at least the halfway point. My first heat I thought I was on to a winner, after a decent start and finding myself in about 5th with the leaders only half a straight in front, but messed it up by not being more decisive passing Harold and riding up his rear wheel. This demoted me to the outside line, where I was swiftly taken care of by somebody. Heat 2 went more to plan, although I couldn't hold Dazza who had found himself a bit of space and was throwing out the fast laps. The final was another good race, where I managed to pick through some traffic to settle in 3rd with Danskin in front and Leek behind. Dan made a small mistake which allowed me to nudge him wide and get past. Dan was very forgiving and decided to sit behind, allowing us to keep our break over the pack behind. I started trying to get some fast laps in for the remaining 10 laps, and did put a dent in Jarry's lead, although I suspect he was just cruising at this point. After my banter with the s/s at the start of the GN, I was promptly swamped and thrown around by them a bit, but managed to get another decent finish nonetheless.

The thunder races were also good (any chance of those results and points please Kev?) - they certainly extend the meeting to a better length, and it's good to have a race where everybody is a bit more relaxed!

See you all in a couple of weeks time (just tarmac for me for the remaining meetings I think!).

The thunder races were also good (any chance of those results and points please Kev?)

They have been added to the first post.

The meeting was very enjoyable, and I was very pleased to see I top scored (I think I've only done that 3 or 4 times in the 8 seasons i've been racing!).

This meeting was the third time you have top scored at a meeting.

My favourite track, yet another disappointing Final! Battered around a good amount in the Heats, I hope the Shootout contenders aren't hoping the cue-ball shots come for free because they certainly don't with me ;) 9th in the Final after having been punted into TomD on turn 3, then 2nd in the Grand National saved the meeting from being a complete disaster for me. TNT races were good - I lasted all of 10secs in the first one but it was just a racing incident, 2nd one a good race and ended up 5th.

Thanks to Spike and Kev,

Corny

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..