2011 Suggestions thread

UKDirt F1 Admin

With the 2010 season now over its time to look forward to 2011.

Just like previous years we are asking you, the members, to help us to improve UK-Dirt F1's. This topic has been provided for you to write any suggestions you may have to improve this league. What you think worked well this year and things you think didnt work so well wether it be rules, tracks formats etc.

The only thing we do ask is that when you post a comment on a certain area you may think needs adjusting, then also please post a suggestion along with it. Posts that argue with someone elses suggestion will be removed, as this is not the purpose of this topic.

All suggestions will be discussed and decided upon in an admin meeting which will be held after the season has ended.

All decisions will posted here regardless of the outcome.

Just repost what I put up earlier in the season on the feedback thread (and new one too!):

1. A shorter season - more in-line with the real F1 season, so mid/late-March to mid-November. I really think this season went on too long and was partly the reason for dwindling numbers at times. Of course, offer a small winter series or something to keep people going until then.

2. More track variations - we don't need to race Scunthorpe and Birmingham 4 times a season; let's dig out the non-real life F1 tracks that are suitable and get some proper season meetings on them, and not just winter/end-of-meeting series.

3. Thursday Night Thunder went well I thought - keep this - maybe do 2 or 3 series over the year to allow people to join mid way, each with their own unique rules and formats.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestions made earlier in the season can be found Here but to summarise suggestions I support...

Non National-Point scoring Whites & Yellows races at every meeting for a separate championship with the points perhaps counting towards a White & Yellow championship race, but still have the bona-fide W&Y Championship being determined by National Points scored over the whole season. This would give these drivers the chance to develop their skills in a more evenly matched race without the worry of blue and red tops coming thumping through.

Non National Point scoring Blue & Red top races at every meeting, perhaps counting towards a Ben-Fund style championship race.

Non National Point scoring "Accumulator" race at every meeting, where scores are multiplied x4 for white tops, x3 for yellow tops, x2 for blue tops and normal scores for reds, again counting towards a separate championship and indeed an Accumulator Championship Final.

Mixed meetings i.e. F1's with F2's or Saloons in support

No nonsense stewarding...for example, if the start is duffed or develops into an unnecessary major pile-up...restart it. If a rookie is proving to be a bit of a handful, politely suggest more practice and to try again next time.

:thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..