3 pts 391 corny

4 pts 39 leek

0 pts 199 waqar

0 pts 515 big al

0 pts 172 spike jnr

WELL DONE TO DRUMB FOR FINAL WIN

DODE DRUMB AUB SOUTHY well done for the other race winners

Edited by Spike

Was hoping for a better meeting after Birmingham but my pace and luck didnt seem to be on my side in the heats. The W&Y race was a good win and had to pull off in the final but found the pace the the GN and with a few laps to go when leading i had trouble with backmarkers trying to get rid of me and Dobe finally caught me. Happy with second though. Well Done to all race winners - leading the points for a week was great! lol

I enjoyed the meeting, as usual. It was challenging to race shale again.

Great to see a good turn out of drivers, I hope this continues. The only disappointment was seeing some criticism of the other white top during the evening, I hope this does not lead to Waqar giving up. Novices really should be given more leeway, otherwise they will soon not bother and you will be left with the same top guys with a clear track in front of them, yawn. We get few enough new drivers as it is, and eventually the league will die without them, they should all be given every encouragement.

Hello All,

Just to clarify the final result decision. Mike (315) and Tosh (8) requested that we check out the replay. In both cases they have used the infield after half spins. This is something that comes with the territory at Coventry, especially in real life. However, this is not why we came to the decision we did.

We judge the decision on whether they gained a position(s) and whether they rejoined the track in a safe manner. I can confirm that both rejoined in a safe manner and no positions were gained in either incident.

As TomD (1) quite rightly pointed out, we have punished people before for what appear to be similar incidents. On close inspection, and reviewing previous decisions, TomD was docked 2 places for gaining 2 places when using the infield to rejoin the track. Similar incidents also happened have also happened with two other drivers. We also had a similar incident at Coventry in 2008.

I hope this helps to clarify the decision that we made and the thought process behind it. I am pleased to say that this kind of decision is required very rarely and it would be great to keep it that way.

Thank once again to everyone that raced this past week. It was a superb meeting with some more excellent racing.

Cheers

Johno

I am not having ago at Waqar at all and I know i made some comments about Waqar during the meeting where he did not seem to have much control of the car and took me out a few times when lapping him. I'm all up for new drivers and don't mind at all that they need time to settle in etc.. but at somepoint you need to draw a line and think if their driving and control of the car is wrecking others races.

I hope Waqar keeps going and improves.

Great to see a good turn out of drivers, I hope this continues. The only disappointment was seeing some criticism of the other white top during the evening, I hope this does not lead to Waqar giving up. Novices really should be given more leeway, otherwise they will soon not bother and you will be left with the same top guys with a clear track in front of them, yawn. We get few enough new drivers as it is, and eventually the league will die without them, they should all be given every encouragement.

Edited by southy277

No problem Southy, I could not remember who had said anything and certainly wasn't targetting you specifically. The reason for my comment was that in the 'old days' there was plenty of people to practice on-line with on nights other than racenight before actually taking part in a meeting, but with the lack of on-line practice opportunities, plus the fact that racing on-line is so much more different to racing offline in rFactor compared to the old HEAT days, realistically people can only learn by taking part in actual meetings, even though they are probably at a standard miles below the majority.

I am not having ago at Waqar at all and I know i made some comments about Waqar during the meeting where he did not seem to have much control of the car and took me out a few times when lapping him. I'm all up for new drivers and don't mind at all that they need time to settle in etc.. but at somepoint you need to draw a line and think if their driving and control of the car is wrecking others races.

I hope Waqar keeps going and improves.

Sorry if i did not drive very good on thursday. I did not have a good meeting and probably got in the way so sorry for that. My computer was very jumpy and the control was poor. Hopefully i will do better

Sorry if i did not drive very good on thursday. I did not have a good meeting and probably got in the way so sorry for that. My computer was very jumpy and the control was poor. Hopefully i will do better

Stick at it Waqar, you are very welcome and it's great to have another white top racing. Can't let the fast guys have it all their own way, we have to get in the way a bit. :thumbup:

You're free to add me on msn and i maybe will have some tips for the newcomers if needed. Or how you have to set up your game.

MSN: mikesijbers@hotmail.com

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..