Buxton Update :IMPORTANT READ THIS !!

Matty300

Ok after much hair pulling & gnashing of teeth I think ive discovered the problem here! Use the track download link on the official website Buxton update & NOT the one on the forum post as that download is the wrong update. Remove all traces of old buxton from your locations folder & the buxton HAT. file from HAT folder in user data>LOG>HAT & install the update.Should work fine & let you in the .48 server. :banghead2:

I've updated the THREAD I posted as a reminder - did not realise the download had been changed since THIS thread was posted announcing the track alterations.

Incidentally I installed the track from the .rar file as per my initial link on the reminder thread and encounter no problems at all either when loading the track offline or when connecting to the (.45) server online :blink:

Note to self - check the website before potentially posting any more threads regarding download links! Apologies for any inconvenience caused though I would still be interested to know if there is indeed any difference between the two files/tracks, as surely regardless of what is on the server the one in the .rar should have worked offline?

Edited by Corny 391
typo

I've updated the THREAD I posted as a reminder - did not realise the download had been changed since THIS thread was posted announcing the track alterations.

Incidentally I installed the track from the .rar file as per my initial link on the reminder thread and encounter no problems at all either when loading the track offline or when connecting to the (.45) server online :blink:

Note to self - check the website before potentially posting any more threads regarding download links! Apologies for any inconvenience caused though I would still be interested to know if there is indeed any difference between the two files/tracks, as surely regardless of what is on the server the one in the .rar should have worked offline?

The only difference between the 2 as I understand was that Dave made the .rar into a .exe to go onto the website in accordance with the rest of the tracks on there being a .exe. So there shouldnt be any difference as they both contain the same files and same track as far as I am aware.

Thanks to those who have tried to help out, but after deleting the Buxton folder, making sure there was no Buxton HAT file, making sure I have set the Config to DX9 & then running the installer from the website, I still can't load the track and get the same error message about "Error loading PEAK for material HORIZPEAK".

I'll have a night off and watch some darts. ;)

• 1 year later...
I had no memory this until you raised it Al, still don't remember it to be honest.

I assume you've exhaust various directX and graphic setting combinations... Very odd! :wacko:

Yes I changed to DX9 and also changed all my rock bottom Display settings to max, but exactly the same error occurs. :unsure:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..