RESULTS: Scunthorpe (16/06)

Johno3

Hello All,

First of all, thanks to everyone that raced tonight. I thought the meeting was good despite the slightly lower turn out of cars.

Congratulations to Daveyboy on taking the meeting final and getting 5th place from the hanicap. These points helped to make sure he was the top points scorer on the evening.

Results:

Heat 1: 236 221 1 525 233 300 277 380 262 3

Heat 2: 3 236 525 262 1 233 277 221 172 380

Heat 3: 1 262 236 233 300 3 380 221 525 84

A-Final: 380 221 300 262 1 3 236 233 525 277

GN 1: 236 233 1 3 380 172 525 84 300 221

49 pts 380 davey boy

47 pts 236 DanSkin

44 pts 1 Tom D

35 pts 3 Johno

34 pts 221 Spike

33 pts 233 Grasser

31 pts 300 Mattyaspin

29 pts 262 Harmen

26 pts 525 Mav

10 pts 172 Spike JNR

8 pts 84 bully jnr

8 pts 277 southy

0 pts 130 blymn

Thanks once again to everyone that raced tonight. Next week we go up to Scotland for the second time this year. Last time we raced at Cowdenbeath, where as this time we will be racing on the tri oval at Knockhill.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I think you have missed Spike Jnr's points Johno.

Thanks for the meeting, best I have done at Scunny ever. Shame the adrenalin and enthusiasm for more was zapped away in the GN.

Just ridiculous how lower graders ARE treated when all they are doing is TRYING. I just wish I was skilled enough to be able to drive to the superstars level, but I am not - THATS WHY I AM YELLOW AND HAVE A CRAP AVERAGE!!!!!

Won't be racing at Knockhill next week, no point.

I think you have missed Spike Jnr's points Johno.

Thanks for the meeting, best I have done at Scunny ever. Shame the adrenalin and enthusiasm for more was zapped away in the GN.

Just ridiculous how lower graders ARE treated when all they are doing is TRYING. I just wish I was skilled enough to be able to drive to the superstars level, but I am not - THATS WHY I AM YELLOW AND HAVE A CRAP AVERAGE!!!!!

Won't be racing at Knockhill next week, no point.

Ta Mav - I have just noticed myself when doing the points.

Right,

tbh Mav, It's stock car racing and stuff happens. I was sore with Davey after the final but I didn't help myself by being close to the tyre as I turned in... It's just one of those things and you just have to move on and get on with the next race. imo, Instead of threatening to not race..You should just take the positive out of the meeting and take it into the next one to prove a point as you went quite well for most of it and led some of the races.

WD to all the racewinners, and cheers admin for running the meeting.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by Grasser233

Hello,

Was'nt expecting to win the Final tonight after the terrible heats I had, I do apologise to Matty for 2 of the heats as there were times I turned you into the tires which I did not mean to do.

I will say sorry to grasser as in the final I knew if you got away I wouldnt of caught you so just went for a hit but unfortunatly you hit one of the tires and ruined up your race big time.

Did anyone save the Final Replay?

It's just one of those things and you just have to move on and get on with the next race.

Couldnt agree more Grasser, was ready for throwing it in after the British & some pointless, pointless flat out hits ruined my night. Yet really enjoyed tonight when to be honest wasnt expecting much. Keep chin up Mav, it really can all change in space of a week.

Hello,

Was'nt expecting to win the Final tonight after the terrible heats I had, I do apologise to Matty for 2 of the heats as there were times I turned you into the tires which I did not mean to do.

I will say sorry to grasser as in the final I knew if you got away I wouldnt of caught you so just went for a hit but unfortunatly you hit one of the tires and ruined up your race big time.

Did anyone save the Final Replay?

Server replays from tonight's races can be downloaded HERE.

Will be having a watch at some stage myself but just for now to say well done on your first F1 Final win of 2011 Davey :thumbs_up:

No probs, one of those things. I had to come tight as there were backmarkers on the outside so I didn't have much choice at the time.

Right,

tbh Mav, It's stock car racing and stuff happens. I was sore with Davey after the final but I didn't help myself by being close to the tyre as I turned in... It's just one of those things and you just have to move on and get on with the next race. imo, Instead of threatening to not race..You should just take the positive out of the meeting and take it into the next one to prove a point as you went quite well for most of it and led some of the races.

WD to all the racewinners, and cheers admin for running the meeting.

Cheers

Andy

I agree with you Grasser, I have no problems with "Racing Incidents" and I do forget for the following week. BUT there is only so much I can take.

In your statement you have accepted that when it happened to you, you moved on, but when it happened to Tom - he didn't. My racing incidents are worthy of payback it seems, therefore everytime I get into a scrape I have to pay and to me its not worth racing because of that.

Last night I led every race except the final. Now if I was good enough I would have won all four races that I led, but surprise surprise I didn't. First heat Blymn got in my way twice and I lost a healthy lead, but took it as racing, never said anything and moved on. I led heat two to the last lap and tried to hold my line blocking Johno, but I hit the tyre and lost out. Third heat I spun the car all by myself therefore I pushed myself over my tolerance level. GN I led until Danskin caught me up very early, I pushed to try and stay with him until TomD did the childish move of deliberately taking me out.

WHY?? well in the final Spike Jnr stopped me getting away and the blues were onto me very early on. I had to push myself to keep up and was on and over the ragged edge. I fought drivers for places, I was determined not to give in. The more I get out of my comfort zone the more I get ragged and most of the time the car goes where it wants and I just hang on.Tom came to pass me and I shut the door, he glanced off the tyres. Later he passed me but I was able to get up the inside on the corner and repass him. I was fighting to stay 8th, but knowing full well I would loose out. Tom passed and left me shortly after that. I never ruined his race with an intentional or accidental move. I felt chuffed that I had managed to stay in the top ten for the first time in a long while.

Apparently because I didn't say "Sorry" for chopping Tom off and him glancing the tyre, I was due Payback. Which he duly did in the GN, taking away all my hard work of being 3rd at that point. Problem for me is this is happening regulary and being accused of bad driving and I am being taken out of races as payback. All I know is what I do is 95% not deliberate. Only thing that was deliberate from me this season was at the UK Open.

I just don't know what to do, I did enjoy last night up to that point, but as I said before I don't want to race if I am going to be penalised for any incidents I get into.

I don't want to race if I am going to be penalised for any incidents I get into.

You've hit the nail on the head Mav with the word "penalised". Thats just it, nobody does get penalised through the proper channels, or at least thats how it seems to me. Without admin reviewing reported incidents & punishing / banning / awarding DP points as they seem fit, then you have a situation where people seemingly do what they want to gain revenge without any chance of a ban. At the British at Kings Lynn I was caught up in a ridiculous feud between two drivers who were trading flat out hits, one of whom was waiting stationary by the fence in the middle of a turn so as to exact revenge on the next lap. The kind of stupid behaviour which makes off-line practice & tweaking of set-ups a complete waste of time. Despite me sending 2 PMs to 1st tier admin to complain Ive yet to receive a reply & that was now 2 weeks ago. That can mean 1 of 2 things. Either admin are swamped with incidents to review & can't cope, or the disciplinary procedure is toothless & there is no point complaining, just get payback at the next meeting & never mind if someone innocent gets in the way & has their evening ruined. If that is wide of the mark then I invite anyone in admin responsible for reviewing racing incidents and meting out appropriate punishment (in the F1's specifically) to correct me. I think it would be a real shame if long standing UK Dirt participants feel it is better to quit than have confidence in admin to deter poor driving standards. I would be happy to help out with reviewing complaints if it is simply a time issue.

I don't want to race if I am going to be penalised for any incidents I get into.

You've hit the nail on the head Mav with the word "penalised". Thats just it, nobody does get penalised through the proper channels, or at least thats how it seems to me. Without admin reviewing reported incidents & punishing / banning / awarding DP points as they seem fit, then you have a situation where people seemingly do what they want to gain revenge without any chance of a ban.

Evening Matty,

Firstly I would point you to the disciplinary thread which is sticky at the top of this F1 forum, starting at THIS POST specifically. As shown there, 3 drivers so far this year have received bans as well as others being given disciplinary points (and there have also been 'official warnings' to others). Just pointing out facts here in light of your potentially misleading statement there as regards 'nobody' getting penalised.

Despite me sending 2 PMs to 1st tier admin to complain Ive yet to receive a reply & that was now 2 weeks ago. That can mean 1 of 2 things. Either admin are swamped with incidents to review & can't cope, or the disciplinary procedure is toothless & there is no point complaining, just get payback at the next meeting & never mind if someone innocent gets in the way & has their evening ruined. If that is wide of the mark then I invite anyone in admin responsible for reviewing racing incidents and meting out appropriate punishment (in the F1's specifically) to correct me.

Your complaint relating to the British Championship meeting was investigated fully. I can only apologise that you have not received a reply and will ensure you receive a PM separately relating to this.

One of the most damaging lines of thought that could be prevalent would be that of 'there is no point complaining' - I can assure you and anyone else that there most certainly IS a point in doing so. Given the importance of this area I feel wider clarification and a general reminder would likely be of benefit, in addition to us making sure the PM process is made as clear as possible, so that everyone concerned is left in no doubt as to what they need to be doing in the event of needing to complain.

Thanks,

Corny

But in my situation Corny, that I believe TomD "Deliberately & Knowingly" took me out costing me places, the F1 Discipinary team wouldn't even consider it.

They would say that it was a "Racing Incident" for places, drivers both on the same lap, one just hit hard, even tho it came close to a follow in.

Nevermind the fact that:

a) ruined my race and put a sour twist on a great night for me

b) after the race it was admitted to be "Payback" thus confirming a deliberate act.

Problem is, this has happened to me twice before and all in this season. The petty incidents that occurred, none of them I feel warrented the "Payback", but I got it anyway.

I have complained in the past only to be told - "You started it" & "Your not exactly a clean driver yourself", so in my case I must have started it for TomD to have done what he did in the GN. But all I did was race for a position.

At the end of the day, therefore, no complaint and no punishment. One childish "Elite" driver goes home gloating, while the other "Low Grader" just wonders why they hell do they do it!

I lost my position in the race and no matter what the outcome after, I will never be credited back with that position.

Maybe I should just do it back "Deliberately" and run the risk, but I know I would loose out in the long run.

Yes I cut you up mav, it wasnt intentional and I apologise, I also cut southy up an absolute treat in the final and cost him a decent place again by accident and I apologise. And even after accepting an apology, I still half expect to get spanked in the fence at the next opportunity. But hey its not costing me £500 worth of damage and a couple of days off work like they do out there week in week out, this is a game!

if_in_doubt_by_l4pin-d3jciyt.jpg

mav just give a rest, they say im like a broken record but your on a different level, honestly getting fed up with your childish crying every week! What ya going to do? say your giving up then race a week or two later?!

You have classed me as a elite driver, and being a former lower grader myself for a while ive found hit the top lads they hit you back harder, just like real life racing! Back when i was a lower grade driver I did do plenty of practice and when racing if someone was quite a bit faster than me i just let them past and followed them round which improved my driving skill aswell as getting respect. Not saying you should do that but its just what ive done and seen a few lower graders do and if they give me the respect I give them it back. For example in f2's tonight I sat behind spike jnr and didnt want to spin him to get past to which point he let me past later in the race due to me giving him respect. Its like the old saying treat people the way you would like to be treated.

Your the one who said to me your not in control but yet you seem in plenty of control when your ruining peoples races or punting people on. I didnt race on thursday as was busy but from watching you race in other mods you seem to have a weird opinion of your driving standards from my point of view. You seem to use the excuse your not in control to get out of anything like ruining peoples races etc. Sometimes you may not be in control but compared to some people your in plenty of control.

Oh and for bans and DP points, im one of the people who has had dp points for taking people out delibertly so you cant say they ignore complaints that are worth giving people bans etc for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..