GNC 2011 RESULTS (COWDIE)

Dave488

thanks to all that raced tonight considering the track it wasnt that bad tonight well done to all race winners, and a big well done to TomD#112 for taking another title in 2011, the GNC

GNC: 112 :eclipsee_gold_cup: , 164 :eclipsee_silver_cup: , 39 :eclipsee_bronze_cup: , 560, 41, 151, 365, 488, 115, 249, 131, 954, 641, 921, 236, 31, 277, 199, 220, 46, 774, 237

RESULTS

Heat 1: 131, 115, 236, 488, 112, 249, 46, 954, 237, 277

Heat 2: 131, 365, 31, 151, 164, 112, 41, 46, 249, 560

Heat 3: 164, 365, 39, 151, 31, 41, 115, 236, 488, 277

Final: 112, 115, 236, 560, 277, 151, 131, 41, 365, 954

G.N: 365, 39, 164, 236, 41, 112, 560, 151, 131, 199

Driver - Points

112 - 41

236 - 34

365 - 32

115 - 31

131 - 30

151 - 27

164 - 24

41 - 21

560 - 19

39 - 17

31 - 14

277 - 14

488 - 9

46 - 7

249 - 7

954 - 5

237 - 2

199 - 1

220 - 0

921 - 0

641 - 0

774 - 0

550 - NO SHOW

165 - NO SHOW

hope to see you all next week at coventry that is also a W&Y round

Edited by Dave488

thought it was aweful tonight to be honest. I mm'd and rr'd whether to race with the way this track is and now wish I hadn't lol.

don't think a single person passed me without stuffing me straight into the fly paper. :thumbs_down: no racecraft, just straight in. I left the meeting half way through the final.

wd Tom on the win though. was well deserved mate.

thought it was aweful tonight to be honest. I mm'd and rr'd whether to race with the way this track is and now wish I hadn't lol.

don't think a single person passed me without stuffing me straight into the fly paper. :thumbs_down: no racecraft, just straight in. I left the meeting half way through the final.

DITTO Nezza - but you lasted longer in the meeting than I did :blink:

I will never race Cowdie again, and feel similar to Southy, Tarmac is just not a raceable surface for me.

I must admit Nezza I put you in during the final, and it wasn't intentional its just the nature of the track and to hit someone enough to get by they risk running in to the wall believe me I ended up in there more than once as it seems to draw you in as soon as you get close.

I am not sure what the answer is tbh

I think that last night everyone ended up in that wall at somepoint - believe it or not i even saw Tom in it!!!!!!

As someone mentioned on the server. Make the wall a little less sticky and widen the track and the racing round there could be great.

Yes but that wouldn't be very REAL I guess southy would it lol

I understand some people didn't like this track and chose to leave early BUT it is against the rules to speak during a race that INCLUDES writing I'm leaving now this track is crap etc... I know I ended up in the wall when Nezza left as I was reading what he had wrote. Please atleast have the decency to wait until the end of the race

it is fair to say that cowdy is a narrow fast track in real and when drivers in real hit the wall they very rarely survive it.

i did see a lot of people in the wall during the night but....it can be raced fairly and make good racing as me and trav proved in heat 2, i followed him till i found the right moment to hit him wide without putting him into the wall, thus not ruining his race as we were racing round pretty close and on the same pace.

its upto the racers how they decide to race this track, the tracks challanging with its nature, it be a shame to drop it as it only maybe gets used once twice a year anyway.

the folk that moaned about it last night should just get on with it and use it as a challenge to stay out of trouble. if you dont like it, dont book in, then admin can see what numbers are willing to race the track.

i also saw a few low graders moving out of the way when the faster boys were coming through,using racecraft so they didnt get hit into the wall. we see this in real life there.

ps. i nearly collided with the inside bollard when you spoke up nezza. youd be the first to moan at other folk if they did that, just saying like.

apart from that i had a good meeting for a change and top racing again trav.

Edited by Tosh164

To me, without the sticky wall the track would be fine.

I started out trying to race normally again but after being repeatedly stuck in the wall gave up and used it to my own advantage as best I could. It's not how I prefer to race, but I got reasonable results... and you have to play the game that's in front of you at the end of the day.

I would agree with Dave's sentiment though - would avoid a lot of unpleasantness altogether if we simply don't race there, if it's going to be like that.

i enjoyed last night, had good heats got fenced in final and put into a parked car in the gn so not the best of nights for me really but enjoyed the racing!

the racewall in real life is known to be a hard track to master and is known for damage so isnt it the same here?

i feel here you have to work hard for your places and even if uve done enough to be at the front its not always enough as someone has also crashed and you have to avoid them,

it would be a shame to drop it out of the fixtures for next year just as people are not keen on it, i agree with Toshes post, this track you need to put your thinking head on,

the people moaning about it in my honest opinion must of new this track was known for hard racing and alot of crashing and it was disscused before the metting in the preview! and thats what we got lol

any way i enjoyed it, hope to race here again soon!

Simon

I understand some people didn't like this track and chose to leave early BUT it is against the rules to speak during a race that INCLUDES writing I'm leaving now this track is crap etc... I know I ended up in the wall when Nezza left as I was reading what he had wrote. Please atleast have the decency to wait until the end of the race

I do apologise for talking during the race and will accept any punishment given because of it.

I was just VERY frustrated that during the GNC, I was repeatedly put into the fly paper even though I left room for people to pass me. I must have lost 2 laps of racing due to the wall.

Its like being put into the sand at Knockhill, people moan about that and I have to say that its not required, and it does ruin your enjoyment of the meeting. Hence its two tracks I won't now race at.

People tend to enjoy the meeting if they do well and score well, and I hated the meeting because I wasn't given the opportunity to "Race" and see what i could do.

Heat 1, Go was called rounded the first bend tried to miss the yellows crash and ended up on the grass through no fault of my own - no one else crashed it seemed and I was then demoted to last and had no chance of getting anywhere, so gave up on the place and left.

However, I was pleased I left as when I went downstairs "A League of their Own 4" had just started and that was hilarious, soon madse me forget what had gone on three hours before.

Maybe I'll watch that in future instead ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..