Rfactor Closes After Load Circuit

BendyBen

Hi, about 6 months ago i got all up a running ready to race online did plenty of practise but then moved into my new house so no racing :(.

Anyway just got my new PC running as i was on a laptop before, installed everything MOD's wise.

Everything seams to work fine selecting cars tracks and the race series, but as soon as i hit load on ether testing or race weekend it just closes back to desktop no error message no nothing.

Pc is running - Vista Home 64 Bit

- Intel Quad Core i5 3.3GHz

- 4GB RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 420

- Rfactor v1.255

Any help would be great thanks.

Hi, about 6 months ago i got all up a running ready to race online did plenty of practise but then moved into my new house so no racing :(.

Anyway just got my new PC running as i was on a laptop before, installed everything MOD's wise.

Everything seams to work fine selecting cars tracks and the race series, but as soon as i hit load on ether testing or race weekend it just closes back to desktop no error message no nothing.

- 4GB RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 420

- Rfactor v1.255

Hi Ben,

I saw an almost identical problem on a pc running windows 7 last week and the problem was cured by disabling the UAC (user access controls) - if you're logged in to your pc as administrator then go to control panel and set the UAC to its lowest level (this should basically disable it). The problem is because rFactor automatically modifies some of the files in the game at each stage (when you choose a track to test on, your player file is edited by the game to update latest mod, latest car, latest track etc etc) - the operating system sees this as a security issue and blocks the program from editing the files, hence the game crashes.

Try disabling the UAC and then reboot and try the game - if the files are all installed ok for the game (hint - if you can see them in the track select and mod select lists they probably are) then it should be ok with UAC off.

good luck, please let us know for future reference.....wrighty

- 4GB RAM

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 420

- Rfactor v1.255

Hi Ben,

I saw an almost identical problem on a pc running windows 7 last week and the problem was cured by disabling the UAC (user access controls) - if you're logged in to your pc as administrator then go to control panel and set the UAC to its lowest level (this should basically disable it). The problem is because rFactor automatically modifies some of the files in the game at each stage (when you choose a track to test on, your player file is edited by the game to update latest mod, latest car, latest track etc etc) - the operating system sees this as a security issue and blocks the program from editing the files, hence the game crashes.

Try disabling the UAC and then reboot and try the game - if the files are all installed ok for the game (hint - if you can see them in the track select and mod select lists they probably are) then it should be ok with UAC off.

good luck, please let us know for future reference.....wrighty

Ok thanks much appreciated that rings true as it seams to default back too one of the pre-installed formula everytime. I will give it a go tonight when I get home.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..