Uk Dirt Awards 2011

Simon31

BEST OVERALL TRACK

Birmingham Wheels Raceway

post-243-1327090103.jpg

"ive had some really great racing here over the season, and feel the track lends itself to a good balance between big hits and very clean, fast racing!"

"It always provides decent quality racing"

"Cos i won my first race there!"

2nd Northampton

3rd Skegness

BEST TARMAC TRACK

Skegness Raceway

post-243-1327090471.jpg

"you get some great close racing there"

"love the racing round the track always close"

"Smallish track allows for closer racing, no where to go when you make an error, which adds to the concentration factor. Shame some numpty’s have to ruin it with bad driving!"

2nd Birmingham

3rd Northampton

BEST SHALE TRACK

Belle Vue Raceway

post-243-1327090778.jpg

"My Best Overall Track, but this tight track is great to get the sidewards motion going, can easily go wrong but if you get it right, just a superb feeling. I’ve enjoyed racing there this season."

"proper drivers track"

"Proper Post and wires"

2nd Kings Lynn

3rd Coventry

WORST TARMAC TRACK

Cowdenbeath

post-243-1327091180.jpg

"corners are just utter crap, there not wide enough atall and walls are just silly!"

"Was a close one to call between Cowdenbeath, Crimond and Ter Apel but Cowdenbeath takes it just cause of the stupid walls lol"

"Has the potential to make great racing, but just doesn't work with that wall"

2nd Taunton
3rd Tar Apel

WORST SHALE TRACK

Belle Vue & Mildenhall

post-243-1327091698.jpg

post-243-1327090778.jpg

"My Best Overall Track, but this tight track is great to get the sidewards motion going, can easily go wrong but if you get it right, just a superb feeling. I’ve enjoyed racing there this season."

"proper drivers track"

"Proper Post and wires"

2nd Sheffield

3rd Scunthorpe

BEST OVERALL DRIVER

TomD #112

post-243-1327091983.jpg

“Gold & Silver champ says it all”

Considering what he's done in 2011, he's the micheal (567 for those who haven't been)"

“Went well all year, and the championships go to show it. Nuff Said.”

2nd DanSkin

3rd Drumbstick

FAVOURITE DRIVER

DanSkin #236

post-243-1327092211.jpg

“Dan is a fair and helpful driver”

“Always helped out with setups when asked. Never moaned and easy to approach”

“He will race you fair and hard, great to race with.”

2nd Trav

3rd Drumbstick

FAIREST DRIVER

DanSkin#236

post-243-1327092211.jpg

“Bloody Fast but he’s clean coming past”

“Never gave me any big hits when he was passing me at all. Never took me out of the races.”

“Bloody Fast but he’s clean coming past”

2nd Nezza

3rd Drumbstick

HARDEST TRIER

Waqar#199

post-243-1327092698.jpg

Turns up each week trying to improve and has done so through the season even after getting moaned at by a lot of people”

“He keeps racing every week without a lot good results, top man!”

Always in attendance never scores any points but always enjoys it!”

2nd Samwit

3rd RickyJames

HARDEST HITTER

Trav#365

post-243-1327092898.jpg

“Can’t say the man’s 2 faced if he’s gonna drill you he will tell you and do it!”

“Normally bumper happy”

“Well, who else”

2nd Green115

3rd TomD

DRIVER YOU HAVE TO HIT

Rickyjames#237

post-243-1327093109.jpg

“On similar pace to me, so need to do what I can to get ahead”

“Always in the way, has improved lots but just does your head in!”

“Mainly so he doesn’t lunge at the next bend!”

2nd Green

3rd Jedd

MUPPET OF THE YEAR

Rickyjames#237

post-243-1327093109.jpg

“Just because of the constant questions.”

“Complete tool on the track! But getting better late season

“Randomly spins in front of you and takes out the leaders”

2nd Lithgow

3rd Green115

Most Improved Driver

Simon#31 & DanSkin#236

post-243-1327093595.jpg

post-243-1327092211.jpg

Si – “Started the year off poorly but finished very competitive by the end.”

Always passes cleanly and doesn’t upset my race progress from it”

“Sits on top of the novice points chart and finished the season at red top, can’t argue with that”

2nd Mav

3rd Dougieford

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR

Simon#31

post-243-1327093595.jpg

“Sits on top of the novice points chart and finished the season at red top, can’t argue with that”

“Started the year off poorly but finished very competitive by the end.”

2nd Green

3rd Samwit

BEST PAINT JOB

AUB#188 & Dave#488

post-243-1327094000.jpg

post-243-1327094006.jpg

"Stunning Again!"

"Outstanding"

"Brian Evans of rfactor!"

2nd Tosh

3rdTomD

MEETING OF THE YEAR

World Final

"For me it is the WF just because of the start I had to the big race"

"World Final, has it be really doesn’t it, if your init its pure carnage but all classic! Was at the best shale track and the race was pure class"

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT

“Qualifying for the World Final and Central Series finals and Winning my first race at hednesford semi-final meeting” Dougieford

“Leading the world final for 1 bend” - Green
“ive sat here for ages and for the 1st time I can’t actually think of 1, how sad” – Dave488
“Winning my first ever F2 Final at UKDirt at Crimond on 22/08/2011” – Jack249
“Winning First Final” – Scootah129
“British title win - proud to have a nice roof on the car. Perhaps wasn't the most exciting race, but I made my moves early and got away.” – Danskin236
“Starting near the back of the World Final and finding myself 5th after a few laps. I kept the position whilst staying with the leading pack until just after the half-way point I got caught and tangled with a spinning backmarker.” Southy277
“Winning a few races” – Craig122
“Entering my last lap and I was in the last qualifying place. Next position was no where near, so I felt confident of qualifying for my first ever rFactor WF. Exiting last bend, Daveyboy #380 (who was one place ahead of me) got it wrong, spinning me out yards before the finishing line. Leader passed me to take the flag and Daveyboy spun across the line claiming his place on the WF grid; but before I could get going again in the right direction, two cars passed me, one taking that all important final position on the WF grid!! So I failed to grid by yards!!!
However due to people dropping out the WF, and having qualified via the Consi-Semi, I found myself higher on the grid than what I would have been if I had finished the Semi in last place!!! Ironically Daveyboy disco’d in the WF and I had a very poor race.” – Mav641
“Probably the top 10 in my first WF after struggling early on in race” – Dodge560
“Winning stuff, albeit in W+Y and finally grabbing a heat win at the last meeting!” – Ryano
“Staying red all season apart from the last month!” – Leech774
“Winning the World Final and National Points Championship, Aswell as several other Championships!” – TomD
“Winning at brum, couldn't believe i went so well” – Budge313
“Winning my first race at Cowdie. It was a grand national too after riding Leech's last bender.” – Samwit954
“4 wins in my first meeting” – Jase756
“Winning the world of shale championship after a good battle” – Mike315
“Holding onto 3rd place in heat 4 in the above meeting after being pressured by samwit for most of the race” – Mart 718

Comments Feedback
“Loved every meeting this year, the meeting were always as fast as possible and was some great banter” - Dougieford
“great first year and hope the same for next year” – Green
“less bloody moaning in the server for gods sake it gets sooooo boring!!!” – Dave488
“Decent season, much prefer the Shale to tarmac and hope tarmac physics don’t take another step back for next season.” – Leek
“I joined at the second half of the season and it was all very enjoyable! The admin have done a brilliant job to keep the racing fair and run well on race nights. Feedback will be for admin to keep it up, Keep the serious head on and we should be in for another good season.” – Jack249
“Keep up the good work, very enjoyable season and in general well run meetings/league.” – DanSkin
“Would like to see more shale meetings, seems to be much more tarmac. Would like to see driving standards improved which can be done with the strict use of the wheel.” – Southy277
“well run mod all i can say really, top job admins” – Craig122
“Admin have done a sterling job this season, even though they have had a lot of criticism from certain drivers. Having raced most of this season, there is not a lot more they can actually do to improve the mod, its more down to the drivers to accept it for what it is and make the most of it. A lot of the time the racing was fantastic in 2011, other times it was very roundy roundy. Admin – hats off to you – it’s been informative, up to date and very well organised. Thank you for putting on a great show. I hope you will all stay for 2012.” – Mav641
“Great 1st season, really enjoyed most of it.” – Dodge560
“Great year, thanks to all admin for their work to keep me busy on a Monday night!” – Si31
“Great work from all admins and I wouldn’t change I thing, love racing.” – Leech774

“Thanks Admin for the season and there has been some cracking racing all year, Here to the same next year!” – TomD
“Not taken part in many meetings but really enjoyed the ones I did” – Mart718

AIMS FOR 2012

“Win more races and become red or better top” - Dougieford
“To win a championship” – Green115
“to get to be more consistent with results, on both tar and shale 9maybe dreaming there thou” – Dave488
“Don't set targets anymore, less pressure and more enjoyment that way” – Leek
“Get myself back to Red Grade and achieve my first shale final victory in UKDirt.” – Jack249
“Keep a fancy roof colour on the car... Won't be able to race every meeting so challenging for silver is out of the question. Looking further ahead with (hopefully) a World Final at Barford, it would be nice to get on the grid and perform well at my "local" track.” – DanSkin236
“Gain Red grade and get top 3 in a championship” Southy277
“Race more often and get better” – Craig122
“My personal aims for 2012 will be to continue to hold my blue roof, and go one step further than 2011. Whether that means being on the front row of the WOS, or winning 5 races, or even winning a final. Whatever it is, I just hope to enjoy it and do the best that I am able.” – Mav641
“Try and find a little more consistency in lap times, progress on my achievements from this year” – Dodge560
“Win Stuff, if I race” – Ryano
“To keep a red top and win a couple of finals!” – Si31
“Win a championship as have been getting quicker but never any luck in a championship.” – Leech774
“To retain my Current Titles!” – TomD
“Not to get pissed off with the game, and race a bit more” – Budge313
“Add a British or Euro title” – Drumbstick
“To be competitive at blue. Gives me some chances of winning” - Samwit
“Do more meetings and try to beat Tom finally lol” – Mike315
“Main aim is to try ad reach Blue Grade and stay there, maybe pick up a minor title on the way” – Mart 718

HOW WAS 2011 FOR YOU
How was 2011 For You:

“Was great going from white through to blue top” - Dougieford
“im happy with 4th in points but the championship races was shocking with luck” – Green115
“to be honest I think it’s the worst year results and enjoyment wise I think I have had since i joined ukdirt in 2007, i don’t think the racing has got worse i just dont seem to enjoy it as I did” - Dave488
“Was ok, very on and off season for me, tended to enjoy the Shale meetings alot more than Tarmac. Hope to see alot more Shale meetings for 2012” – Leek
“From when I joined halfway through the season it was very enjoyable. Enjoyed racing with a lot of you and looking forward to it all again next year!” Jack249
“Honestly, a lot more than I expected. It has been a pleasure racing from the back of the grid for most of the year, I particularly enjoyed stringing together 3 final wins on the trot at the start of September, but was bitterly disappointed not to be able to race the World Final.” DanSkin236
“2011 was great for me. I past my aims and reached red for a short period. I had a good run in the WQR and great race in the World Final until I got tangled with a spun car.” Southy277
“got from white to blue so well chuffed il take that in first season racing rfactor” – Craig122
“Some drivers I took out won’t agree, but I feel that I came on leaps and bounds in 2011. I started driving with my head and picking up places, and points. I particularly was happy with how my shale racing improved, so much so that I was on the second row of the WOS, a personal best for me. I qualified for the British Championship despite only racing 3 of the 5 races and thus continued my run of every British Championship Final since 2003. Overall pretty satisfied with the season!” – Mav641
“Really pleased with the first season, only completed half of the season and finished in top 10 of national points and mainly all racing was done from red grade too.” Dodge560
“Learning curve, quite a steep one too, I'm no good at racing where the cars go left I've found!” – Ryano
“was a good year, won NOY and whites and yellows, managed to win the Consi semi final, 5th in european and Golden Helmet!” – Si31
“Not having any luck in the big races but overall was a great season for me !” – Leech774
“Excellent, My best year ever in F2's. I just felt so good on all tracks!” – TomD
“Frustrating” – Drumbstick
“It was mixed. I wasn't very consistent until I was at yellow. That’s why I lost the NoY” – Samwit954
“didn’t race much, but it was good” – Jase756
“Mixed year, I have had some brilliant battles good races but also sometimes lost interest in the season.” – Mike315
“Steady, Bit of a learning curve ready for 2012” – Mart 718

PERSON TO BEAT IN 2012

TomD#112

post-243-1327094718.jpg

“He keeps getting in my way lol”

“It’s always going to be the same – Tom, Dan and Drumb if they do a full year, maybe Green added in if he settles in more”

“The guy is becoming unstoppable!”

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..