recommend,pad or wheel

neil507

Hi

Personaly use a Saitek P880 Dual Analog Gamepad at the moment, the Shoulder Buttons are slightly dodgy (i don't use them though) and I've snapped the stick off its joint once (think i was aiming for Mav) but superb pad if treated nicely. Also very comforatble to hold. Probably buy it for under a tenner now.

Cheers MoR

What do you prefer, or used in the past, Neil?

Wheels tend to 'slow' you done (exception to Scrpaman!) and you don't do as conistant laps. Do you own a Playstation two, by any chance? If you do, i recomend you get down to 'Game' and get yourself a 'USB adaptor' that will let you use your Playstion controller on your PC. It costs about £9.99 and well worth the money.

Thanks,

David

are the ps2 pad still got progressive buttons???

i got a Microsoft pad (plugin & play)2yr old and still spot on thumbs_up.gif

also im using in the winter my wheel for fun and it is Microsoft Force Feedback(gameport) but im still faster on pad king.gif

oh hack mike 2 is very very fast on a wheel !!!!

Are they? What's the difference? I never noticed a difference between my £3.00 pad and my PS2 pad, when i changed over to be honest.

There is always the 'options' area, where yu can change several settings, on how to turn (pad..or sharp) and how slow or hard you want to brake/accelerate...

Thanks,

David

thx 4 replies lads,david most of last season i used a pad,which has now given up the ghost,it was one of games own makes,cheap and nasty!.In responce about them adaptors,my son has 2 steering wheels 4 his consoles can they be used with adaptors?one he had with a dreamcast,the other with gamecube. 2.gif

I suggest you stick with a pad, but its personal choice really. Regarding adaptors, i know you can get PS2 adaptors, but i'm not sure about xbox and dreamcast though, as i don't own any. have you had a look at www.play.com or looked up www.google.co.uk and put in adaptors for dreamcast/x-box?

You can pick up a decent pad for abput £10-£15 that will last you a will, but you'll need to ajust. Look for one with '8' buttons if you want a pad, so its a different button for everything, instead of just '4' buttons, and having to use the keyboard for others.

Happy hunting,

David

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=stts2&p...PC&title=114167

From www.play.com ....you can get the port for 2 contollers for only £6.99, bargain to say the least.

But....can you have two drivers on the PC at once, as i've never tried to look into that? Even though it says upto 4 players?

I have to side with Scrapman, although I'm not quick I use a Microsoft Force feedback wheel, I turn it right up and you know your racing. The bonus is that their probibly one of the most hardy bits of kit and as a result they take some punishment, they are also easiest to configure and I picked mine up for £20 in a "Loot" type paper so keep your eyes peeled and you might get a bargin.

Avon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..