Typical Laptop/ computer for UK dirt

Guest DaleStratford

Guest DaleStratford

Hello fellow racers, i was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a decent laptop or computer for UK Dirt.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good laptops for this mod or the specs for this mod to run smoothly.

Thanks.

If you are serious about rFactor I would recommend looking towards a computer that will run rFactor 2. It will be at least a couple of years before we are anywhere near using it (my opinion and if we do) but if you can run 2 you would have no problem with 1. This all depends on budget and if you only want to run heat bangers then those specs are not needed.

Guest DaleStratford
Personally I would keep away from using a laptop and go desktop. Spec wise would depend on your budget really, what you got to spend?

I will have a buget of around £500 and i understand that a pc will run the mod a lot better than a laptop.

Guest DaleStratford
To add to southys comment will you be using it for rFactor or Ukdirt Heat Bangers?

I will be mainly playing the F1 stockcar mod.

Video card :Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT - 256 MB video RAM

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

Ram: 2048 MB

The minimum settings in the game arent too demanding, try the rfactor demo first & have a tinker about

Guest DaleStratford
Video card :Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT - 256 MB video RAM

Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

Ram: 2048 MB

The minimum settings in the game arent too demanding, try the rfactor demo first & have a tinker about

ok thanks for the specs needed.

If you can build your own PC you get a better PC for the money. Various items, graphics cards come up for sale on here too so worth keeping an eye out.

Buying one pre made seems to be the best bet these days! I seen a few kicking about brand new that were very good for about £300 (base unit only)

Can pick up a second hand graphics card for about £50 that runs it on all the full settings no problem!

Guest DaleStratford
If you can build your own PC you get a better PC for the money. Various items, graphics cards come up for sale on here too so worth keeping an eye out.

ok thanks for the help.

i would defo go for a desktop what i did was to run rfactor at a good leval was

ebay- typed in gaming pcs and got a tower for 240 brand new with 4gb ram 750gb memory etc etc then got a copy of xp for 20 quid a lcd screen for 60 mouse for a quid keybord for like 2.50 and speakers for 4 quid

im sure it cost me like 350 all in and it runs mint ive had it for nerly 2 years now and wont need to update it for a while yet

Guest DaleStratford
i would defo go for a desktop what i did was to run rfactor at a good leval was

ebay- typed in gaming pcs and got a tower for 240 brand new with 4gb ram 750gb memory etc etc then got a copy of xp for 20 quid a lcd screen for 60 mouse for a quid keybord for like 2.50 and speakers for 4 quid

im sure it cost me like 350 all in and it runs mint ive had it for nerly 2 years now and wont need to update it for a while yet

Thanks really helpful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..