English Open

drumbstick

Due to the issues with the walls down the straights at Taunton, we have decided to change the venue for next week’s meeting to WESTWORLD.

The track is available in the downloads section of the website, and this will not affect the meetings English Championship status.

We hop to see you all there.

Due to the issues with the walls down the straights at Taunton, we have decided to change the venue for next week’s meeting to WESTWORLD.

The track is available in the downloads section of the website, and this will not affect the meetings English Championship status.

Aww, Taunton was awesome when i had a shot, get the walls fixed!

We have tried getting the creator to fix it but no joy. He has other committments at the moment. Sorry.

We have tried getting the creator to fix it but no joy. He has other committments at the moment. Sorry.

It was tongue in cheek mate, i didn't expect a fix at my request ;).

Edited by Allan964

Just out of interest is westworld a real track? and if so were is it?

Probably sounds stupid but have never heard of it before i raced here ;)

It a real track in Cornwall - i think you might know it more as St Columb (i think its the same track anyway- if not someone will correct me)

post-37809-1344412384.jpg

Edited by southy277

It was in St Columb in Cornwall. From what I understand the site was part of a larger site called the 'Spirit of the West'. I think they have demolished it to make way for some very expensive holiday homes. Before that there used to be a mining attraction as well. Really enjoyed the couple of time I went there so thought it was a really good idea to make it as my first track. I knew it wouldn't be as popular as some places and that is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Bristol will hopefully be my next release (very soon) and then I fancy giving St Day a go as well. Aldershot was something I did for some of the other formulas I've raced in the past but I'm going to spend my time on tracks for the F2s now I think. I wouldn't mind giving a shale track a go if anyone has any suggestions?

It was in St Columb in Cornwall. From what I understand the site was part of a larger site called the 'Spirit of the West'. I think they have demolished it to make way for some very expensive holiday homes. Before that there used to be a mining attraction as well. Really enjoyed the couple of time I went there so thought it was a really good idea to make it as my first track. I knew it wouldn't be as popular as some places and that is one of the reasons I liked it so much.

Bristol will hopefully be my next release (very soon) and then I fancy giving St Day a go as well. Aldershot was something I did for some of the other formulas I've raced in the past but I'm going to spend my time on tracks for the F2s now I think. I wouldn't mind giving a shale track a go if anyone has any suggestions?

Crewe or Long Eaton

My mum works on the old Crewe site so have thought about doing that and old Stoke (Sun Street?). If the leagues would still use them in some way I wouldn't feel like I was wasting my time and would be tempted.

Maybe start a new topic asking for idea's, You should be able to gage some interest. I have always fancied having a Long Eaton track in rfactor.

My mum works on the old Crewe site so have thought about doing that and old Stoke (Sun Street?). If the leagues would still use them in some way I wouldn't feel like I was wasting my time and would be tempted.

The main problem we have is that we currently have 21 tracks in use (15 tar, 6 shale) and all are tracks that F2s currently run at with the exception of Sexberium (And now Westworld with the fixture change). Fitting them all in to only a 38 meeting season is hard work, we are looking at ways to run more meetings in 2013.

If your going to do another track make it shale, it would get far more use ;)

The main problem we have is that we currently have 21 tracks in use (15 tar, 6 shale) and all are tracks that F2s currently run at with the exception of Sexberium (And now Westworld with the fixture change). Fitting them all in to only a 38 meeting season is hard work, we are looking at ways to run more meetings in 2013.

Maybe do two meetings a day and start them earlier? and if you cant do one then just book in for the one meeting ;)

Maybe do two meetings a day and start them earlier? and if you cant do one then just book in for the one meeting ;)

Yea we have done this in the past and will try it out again over the winter to see what reaction it gets.

The issues being 7:30 can be a bit early for those of us that work and 9 is a bit late for our Dutch contingent so less people can actually race over the course of an evening than usual

Mr Cowie is on to Stoke. Are there any current UK shale tracks that have not been made already? Can't think of any. A couple of Dutch shale tracks have been suggested to me but UK tracks would interest me more for now.

I can't think of UK shale either, however if your talking Dutch shale, Sint Maarten without a doubt with the ditches. If you end up in a ditch, well thats game over eh. Used to like it in heat.

That along with Newtongrange was one of my favourite tracks. It's a shame there isn't more shale because the shale is absolutely awesome.

Emmen or Stoke (current) if you're looking for shale tracks to do. Although St Day gets my vote all day long. Unique shape, each corner is different and would be an awesome test of driver skill to set the car up for there. Theres places like Arlington, Swaffham, Lochgelly etc if you're looking at some tar tracks too :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..