golden helmet 2012

Dave488

post-855-1345754252.jpg

BOOK IN ON THE WEBSITE NOW!!

This Monday will see the F2s travel to holland for the 2nd time in 2012 to race at lelystad for the 2012 golden helmet championship, LeeK#39 is the defending champion after winning in 2011 at the sexbierum dirt track, im sure he will be trying to retain the championship and the gold stripe, can anyone stop him? book in now to see if it can be you!

FORMAT AS FOLLOWS:

Each driver will get 5 heats each and the top 24 points scorers will go straight into the Final with the top points scorer on pole.
A 'B' Final will be run for everybody else as there will be no Grand Nationals run on the night. (must be over 10 cars to be points scoring)
The Final and Heats on the night will carry normal points.
Edited by Dave488

Am I right in thinking this is a very fast track? I got in about 100 laps last night, and hardly had to brake for any coners (though can't remember my times). Any idea what is a good lap time for this track in practise? Looking forward to getting back in to the racing after two weeks out of it.

Andy

Going by the F1's last night - yes it is a fast track!!

If you don't have to brake, then cars will be almost flat out into the bends and it makes contact often and hard (As was with the ones).

My concern with F2's is the cars break easier, and will there be more cars retiring than finishing!?!?!?!?! lol

In the ones the lap times were 13.6 best and 14.0 average, not sure how F2 will compare tbh.

For those that race - GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

Just been in for half an hour and managed a 14.496 - think that was without braking as well.

Opening laps are fine, keep within 14.5 - 14.7 but after that the car just pushes on and times go down to 14.9 - 15.1

The humps throw the car around abit and it can catch you out all too easily!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..