Retirement

Stumpy

Please admin remove my number registration from all formulas.I came here to race a few weeks ago for some fun being disabled and gonna be wheelchair bound in the future i thought i could race and have some fun i was never gonna be fast and win anything because my disabilities in my legs.

The minority of drivers who's attitude is i am not gonna win so you aint either. This is total disrespect for other drivers and especially the people who spent many hours making the mod.

What tipped me over the edge was i was actually leading a championship race for awhile just in battle with a red top and hoping for a good finish when i was taken out flatstick by someone a lap or two down to me this is total and utter disgracful racing.Report him will be your answer he may get a disaplinary point or two the shame of that wiil stop them what a joke that is.

Thanks to all who raced fairly with me i had some fun.Get stuffed to all your morons you win i am leaving.

Another real shame mate.

All i can say is that admin are looking into this type of driving. If it continue's then punishments will get more harsh. For example in the F2's we give alot of suspended ban's as an extra punishment to try stop drivers driving like this in the future.

If you are leaving then good luck in the future, been great racing with you.

It is honestly a real shame that a new driver, who has progressively improved since he started, has had to leave in this manner.

Having found something that he is able to do due to his disability, I am sure Stumpy would have been genuinely excited to have something to concentrate on doing in his life.

I wish you well Stumpy, its been great to race with you as a lower grade driver. :thumbs_up:

not surprised to see this, I know who your on about and hes as much of a idiot in real life as he is on here!

Hope you give it another chance but if you dont then thats totally upto you mate! been great racing with you and good to see yet another white top doing well!

Stumpy, as has already been said it is a pleasure racing against you again and I really do hope this is not the end (see me, Mav or Spike for some inspiration as to what "retirement" actually means on UKDirt... hehe).

But, from a few cars behind you in the final it is very obvious what happened and why you're frustrated... and it did lead to the quick call to remove that driver (although that does nothing to recover your race). Additionally, yes I expect some Disciplinary Points to be issued... except this time it will result in a ban.

I had a quick look through our disciplinary thread - so far this season there have been 24 disciplinary actions against drivers from the 24 meetings so far that investigation has been completed for. And that doesn't include any warnings, or words of advice issued to drivers where we felt disciplinary points would be a step too far (and it also of course does not include the complaints that needed looking at, but in the end lead to nothing). Arguably there could have been more actions if every single incident that takes place was reviewed, but I think/hope we are striking a good balance (dealing with complaints as received and reviewing stand out incidents observed by admin over the course of a meeting).

The system we have in place allows people some room to make a mistake or have a busy meeting without necessarily getting themselves banned straight off. But those striving to make a big impact will achieve big results (i.e. a decent ban)... with repeated problems resulting in larger and larger punishments.

For what its worth I wholeheartedly disagree with Mike's comments in an earlier thread about the racing being the worst ever, but I appreciate everyone's opinion can change on a meeting by meeting basis depending on who shafted who and how badly! I do however agree with sentiments elsewhere on the forum that some drivers fundamentally lack respect for others on track (using tactics fully inside the rules, but amounting to poor racing etiquette)... in that respect "as you sow so shall you reap".

All I can do is repeat my words from between the heats and final last night really. Take a deep breath, maybe even a week or two off if you feel so strongly, but don't let "them" win please.

:king:

sad to hear this mate! i know how you feel about all the big hits from lap downs and that, you are a great wee driver! really fast from white and i think you are doing great! take some time out if you have to and come back and try again coz i know you are going to be a good driver!

It always saddens me when i read something like this really i know we all been they at some point but if compertion comes at the cost of fun there will be no fun and no compertion,if you feel hard done by just pm admin let them sort it then hopefully they can take the correct action to avoid it happing again , please dont give in or give up because in the long run it will pay off stumpy !!!! some times its better to step back from it racing it can get to you quite easly but we all come back for more after a few weeks away , the higher grade boys should know better really as they were at somepoint all so a white top in they life !!! but after a while you know which ones are racing fair and the ones who are not so chin up stumpy please carry on with us just try it . all the best jakie 33#

Stumpy, I can understand how annoyed you must feel if you were deliberately taken out by a lapper when you were battling at the front of a Championship race. I can assure you (although it's nowt to do with me) that that is the most serious kind of bad driving that Admin will surely clamp down hard on ie a ban for the miscreant.

I have enjoyed every meeting I have had with you, you are getting better every week and again were going really well at Lelystad. I know you weren't happy with one of my manoeuvres, I don't know who was wrong or right (I haven't seen a replay) but I knew that you were so fast I knew I had to hit you good and proper or you'd be gone. Someone else commented that you turned in on me in another race - I accepted that as a racing incident, after all these are stock cars not hot rods, plus this track was challenging and it's the first time we've raced there.

I hope you will take time to reassess your decision and decide you can continue to get pleasure from racing, as I would be sad to see you leave - and it's clear others would too.

Stumpy, I can understand how annoyed you must feel if you were deliberately taken out by a lapper when you were battling at the front of a Championship race. I can assure you (although it's nowt to do with me) that that is the most serious kind of bad driving that Admin will surely clamp down hard on ie a ban for the miscreant.

I have enjoyed every meeting I have had with you, you are getting better every week and again were going really well at Lelystad. I know you weren't happy with one of my manoeuvres, I don't know who was wrong or right (I haven't seen a replay) but I knew that you were so fast I knew I had to hit you good and proper or you'd be gone. Someone else commented that you turned in on me in another race - I accepted that as a racing incident, after all these are stock cars not hot rods, plus this track was challenging and it's the first time we've raced there.

I hope you will take time to reassess your decision and decide you can continue to get pleasure from racing, as I would be sad to see you leave - and it's clear others would too.

:appl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..