Venray 24.7.05

psyko75

Although it looked spectacular that crash shouldn't have happened. Racecontrol had their blinds down again and restarted a race with all cars on slicks, when rain came down during the caution. The worst thing is that 1 lap into the restart this crash happened and they decide to call this race a day. If Venray keeps messing about the way they are doing right now, something even more serious will happen soon.

Shame they keep telling us in press meetings that they are taking it all very profesional. Tell you what, I've been quiet for nearly 1,5 years but after yesterdays press meeting everybody in the room became very quiet and Herman wasn't even at the meeting, otherwise it would have been ww3 in there.

It's a shame that people who keep telling the press to take it all very profesional make their officials, racecontrol and well, everybody look even less than an amateur.

The meeting was good, very good, but we have to wait and see what the speedweekend brings us, as the SMC promotion has got something up their sleeve.

I'm still waiting for an answer on a question I've asked them and until that time I'll keep my mouth shut. You'll probably hear all about it soon.

Cheers,

Edman.

Every meeting i can only laugh about the stewards and what they are doing. Every start look like they all are blind. This meeting they tried a rolling start with control car in front. It was said three warming up laps and after two they start. They tried a restart with control car in front by saloons and Luis Hagen #6 bombed the control car away. Till my birth i life with that kind of sport and all my family was involved in autospeedway. My uncle was owner of the grenzland autodrom nettetal and my father was race steward there as was my other uncle. I don´t know why the race procedure was changed. I know in the beginning of this sport (in my life that means the early 80´s) the control car drive in front with a steward on there. Has anything bad happened or are the stewards today not man enough to take place on that car to make a start like that? In my little years the rules don´t interest me to much but i understand most... today i understand nearly nothing as i think most of the people watching the races. So this track will die by that way the races are promoted there at the moment. Allthough for me there is no other track near enough to go by expect Posterholt. But i have totally disagree with the stewards there and nearly have got a fight with one of them so i never went there anymore.

Back to the point. I totally agree that that crash should not have happened and its really important that nothing happened to the driver.

Yorick, you're a pervert, LMAO.

Psycho, what's your real name then. I also went to Kaldenkirchen during the 80's. And why did you fight with an official at Posterholt.

Edman.

24547[/snapback]

rofl.gif naw im not...just not intoo blonds  wink.gif although i wouldnt say no

thumbup.gif

OK my name is Sascha Paar and if you wondered in the past why a little boy was allowed to stay in the infield during races or was in the control car... that was me in Kaldenkirchen wink.gif

Here my father "at work" (Heinz Paar)

user posted image

my uncle (Hans Gerd Heusen)

user posted image

a newer pic of the my father (but still a old one)

user posted image

my other uncle and my father (Joachim Paar and Heinz Paar)

user posted image

and with this driver from Krefeld we went i think 3-4 to Ipswich (he´s dead allready)

user posted image

Have been seven times there in Ipswich for the Speedweekend (last time 1984 i think)

Edited by psyko75

Yep, remember your dad, good starter he was. The 80's were the times when there was a bit of show put into starting races over here. Guess the reason why there's no roller behind the pacecar is because they are not quick enough. You saw that at Venray when they tried it with the Hotrods.

Edman.

i think it s the problem of the pace car and the way they used to drive. In the 80´s at Kaldenkirchen they used a BMW 2002. It got a sport suspension and was really fast on the track. Very different to that slow us car they use at Venray. Next point is they keep the Race cars to near to the pace car and third they turned in the infield at the beginning of the corner. So they have to brake really hard expect the race cars are still nearly full throttle. They should keep the pace car till end of last corner and then get into the infield.

I think the point is that most visitors don´t understand the procedures but keep quiet because they don´t know another way to do.

This show can get again really interesting if promoted and worked out in a better way.

1. More rolling starts in contact classes with the control car in front

2. Giving the drivers more profile with making apresentation lap

3. Faster starts with giving the grid information before getting on the track

4. More winners. Why not keep 1-3. on the control car?

5. More yellow flags. They to often show just red. They should get control car with starter on the track. Getting the race field and as soon as possible get a rolling start again

There is so much i can keep telling and explaining even it is really hard on english for me.

THIS SPORT NEED A BETTER SHOW AGAIN!!!!

Not being a big Baarlo fan but what I did like was the way they drove the control car infront of the F1's (or any other formula)

Exit turn 4 and the control car was flat out speeding up while the starter in the boot waved the green flag. Full speed on to the infield with the starter holding on to the "rollcage" in the boot as good as he could (he wasn't strapped in). Then went on to the infield grass and a 180 and in some cases a 360 turn was done (keep in mind the the starter was still in the boot, this would make me seasick). By the time the F1's were on the backstraight the starter would walk over from the infield to the starters rostrum and would run the rest of the race.

I don't know what speeds they were doing when they went flat out on the infield, must be something about 50 miles/hr or even more. With that speed going on grass, hitting a few bumps and performing a 180 degrees turn was a wicked sight to see

Dragon

Not being a big Baarlo fan but what I did like was the way they drove the control car infront of the F1's (or any other formula)

Exit turn 4 and the control car was flat out speeding up while the starter in the boot waved the green flag. Full speed on to the infield with the starter holding on to the "rollcage" in the boot as good as he could (he wasn't strapped in). Then went on to the infield grass and a 180 and in some cases a 360 turn was done (keep in mind the the starter was still in the boot, this would make me seasick). By the time the F1's were on the backstraight the starter would walk over from the infield to the starters rostrum and would run the rest of the race.

I don't know what speeds they were doing when they went flat out on the infield, must be something about 50 miles/hr or even more. With that speed going on grass, hitting a few bumps and performing a 180 degrees turn was a wicked sight to see

Dragon

24597[/snapback]

I remember this and this is what i´m talking about and what i´m missing. Action all the way and starter that are able to give a great performance within the start.

Eeeerrrrrrrrmmmmm I've never seen a briSCA race started with a roller behind a pace car. But then again, Venray always says they're not BriSCA, hence they even use Spedeworth driver licenses.

just get a starter with a feeling for show, like Richard Kaleta and you don't need a control car to start the race with.

Cheers,

Edman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..