decals

StannieH36

I think a lot of us newbies (to both dirt and painting rFactor skins in general) are crying out for a really good guide. We have the basic guides in various places, but no guides on how to put a fancy paint design on the car, how to make decals and place them on the car or how to make numbers and put them on cars. this is really bugging me, and since I had to get Grasser to put numbers on my (basic) painted car, I really want to learn. I've spent a fair bit of time over the last few days searching for info online, I have various photoshop books I've never had chance to read I'm now looking through disks for, and if one of the more experienced players haven't time to create what is needed, I'll give it a go at creating a guide from my experience as a start.

Please expert guys on here who do their own funky designs, please introduce us to this dark art.

BigAndy

here is a nice number sheet if you dont have it already (just copy and past the number/s u want and colour them how u want by right clicking their layer, blending options and you can just muck around with it all :)

_propernumbers.zip

Preveiw : post-71078-1347210338.jpg

cheers

ben

Edited by Crasharama

and for making decals, its best to get a good big quality pic of one that you like and would copy (of a real car pic) and use the fonts that is the most similar to it, then just fiddle around with blending options till you get it looking as much as the same as you can (thats what i do anyway (hope this helps)

cheers

ben

There are a couple of tutorials on this. Here's one I did on making basic decals using the 'blending options' in Photoshop;

http://www.ukdirtforum.com/index.php?showt...0&hl=decals

Bit basic but should let you get started. There's also one done by Rodder which shows how to use the airbrushing method, a bit more difficult but can produce much better results tbh;

http://www.ukdirtforum.com/index.php?showt...amp;hl=tutorial

Edited by earache

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..