Computer Fried

southy277

Has anyone else had a complete system fry? Computer was playing up, restarting randomly etc.. but then it won't end turn on now. Tried another PSU, No joy. Took my graphics card over to my mates down the road who has a similar pc spec to mine and that doesn't work. Also tried my CPU in his pc, no joy and tried using his motherboard but it looks like the whole lot is technically knackered.

Anyone else managed to do such a good job as this? If this is the case that its fried it all I doubt I'll be back out in the near future.

If anyone feels sorry for me and as some spare cash please PM me and donate it to the REBUILD SOUTHY's PC CHARITY........worth the shot lol :whistling:

Edited by southy277

Has anyone else had a complete system fry? Computer was playing up, restarting randomly etc.. but then it won't end turn on now. Tried another PSU, No joy. Took my graphics card over to my mates down the road who has a similar pc spec to mine and that doesn't work. Also tried my CPU in his pc, no joy and tried using his motherboard but it looks like the whole lot is technically knackered.

Anyone else managed to do such a good job as this? If this is the case that its fried it all I doubt I'll be back out in the near future.

If anyone feels sorry for me and as some spare cash please PM me and donate it to the REBUILD SOUTHY's PC CHARITY........worth the shot lol :whistling:

ive got a few maccies vouchers, ill post them over if it helps

Shame you sold that other PC... its probably still running. :banghead2:

Yea probably. This one was only built a few months ago and has been running fine until today, spend about £600 on it & only use it for rFactor so not really looking to be spending more - it would be cheaper to race for real if this carried on lol. Just getting back into the swing too!

Might be back sooner than I thought.

Went to see a good mate of mine and tested my graphics card, all works fine in his computer. He has just got a new computer so gave me his RAM and sold to me his PSU & Intel i7 processor - collecting it once his new one arrives as he uses it for working at home. Just need to save up for a motherboard and fingers crossed I'll be back soon....

Unless someone has one for sale - 1366 socket?

Edited by southy277

Cheers. I tried it on the laptop with everything set to low and because its shared graphics its awful. Its not too bad when racing single player but add another car and its so jumpy.

Anyways, best get saving for the new motherboard, should have the new parts off my mate later this week.

You making a comeback southy?

Hit and miss mate. Had a few free Thursdays and then my PC blow up. Got that back together but it all depends when I'm not working. Doubt I'll ever get back racing full time unless I have a change in jobs (again).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..