rFactor skins not coming up in game

earache

Hi all,

I've painted an rFactor F1 (tar) skin for another driver and I understand he's having difficulty putting the car into the game. I'm posting this as he doesn't feel able to explain the problem himself. We've tried putting it in the UKDirt (Tarmac) folder and just TarmacOL but it is still not showing in the game. He uses Windows 7, was wondering if that makes any odds? I've not used Windows 7 myself so wondering if anyone has any ideas or heard of this problem before? Car shows fine in my game and I'm on XP.

I have had an issue before if the driver has his own car already in the skin pack. Whilst I was creating a new skin I moved the new files into the UK Dirt folders as you mentioned but the new car would not appear even if the Name, number etc. in the veh file was different. I had to temporary remove the actual UK Dirt skin pack files for my car (moved them to a folder on my desktop) and then insert the new ones in there place. It worked then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..