rfactor help

hey i am really struggling trying to get the game up and running i want to play f1 brisca so does that mean i need to purchase the rfactor game and if i do does it need to be rfactor 1 or 2.

thanks.

so i have the mod running and i have all the cars but when i try to download the tracks it installs to the recommended location but when i load the game up the tracks aint there.

What operating system are you running? Windows 7 or 8? 32 or 64 bit?

I use Win XP myself so I can't remember the details but there may be two "program files" folder in c:\ - one is "program files" and the other is something like "program files x86" - have the tracks installed to a different location that rfactor has?

For example, if you install Coventry, it should be here:

C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\Coventry

or, it could be here:

C:\Program Files x86\rFactor\GameData\Locations\Coventry

Obviously, the tracks need to be where the game is.

If it is within your rfactor folder, are you just having trouble locating it in the game?

Edited by thebagoo

i am using windows 7 home premium i have the tracks in the right folder i load the game up and pick my track which is Coventry but there is 2 of them i tried both and one of them will just stay stuck on the loading bar and the other one will just shut-down with a error after about 20 sec.

There should be two coventry choices (one with an r on the end, the other not). Presumably for clockwise/anticlockwise choices

What does your error say?

Also, this is a long shot but have you tried running the rfactor exe in admin mode? (right click on rfactor exe -> properties -> tick the run as administrator) That might not be right as doing it from memory only.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..