logitech g25 g27

imberj

Just don't be upset if it doesn't make you instantly better - a bloody lot of practice is required unless it comes natural to you!

i wont mate im willing to learn i want to be quick lol was going round kinglynn last night with a pad but the others in the server were saying that wheels are better. just been looking at the logitech driving force gt what are they like mate.

joe

Hi,

I had a gameport MS FFB wheel and then moved to a G27...the difference, especially on shale, is chalk and cheese. I know others who have moved to a G27 and they also say it's a big difference. But, it won't make you ultra competitive just on its own.

If you want a second hand G25/G27, expect to pay upwards of 100 quid, maybe 150 quid tops. The thing is, if you get one in good condition and look after it, I suspect it'll hold it's price well.

Again, there is a setup guide for wheels on UKSOM.

Cheers,

Bagoo

^ see what I mean about holding price.

Just for reference on prices, I got a ~6 month old one that had been used very little (bloke who had it had a very short attention span) for £130 on Ebay after doing a bit of a backdoor dealing with him. I think the auction ended on £160 but he honoured the price we agreed.

Cheers

Bagoo

Listed mine on Gumtree, bloke contacted me the next day asked questions about the condition and reason for sale and he travelled 60 miles to collect and gave me £185 cash. If you sell on ebay you will lose money on fees, gumtree is free! I did the same for my PC.

If somebody tells you to they will paint a skin for real doe tell them to do one. Plenty of people will do them for nowt. Some people put that to make it look a realistic advert etc but it doesn't mean anything.

Thanks mate I was worrying bait then lol I've already spent a fortune buying the pc an the rest of it the mrs starting to get the u p don't need anymore to pay out on

Been cheaper to have got an F2 by now? ;-) Well, Stoxkart, maybe.

Not far wrong mate lol well done last night you was really quick

Cheers. I usually go better on shale. Besides, sideways is proper racing ;)

Let me know if you want any help with setups in practice. I might not have the answers (certainly on tarmac) but I've learned a few things since I started and I can maybe point you in the right direction. Besides, it's best to develop your own setup for your own style of driving...

Also, if meetings are on and UK D servers are busy, I sometimes run a practice server with a few other drivers and we chew over what seems to work and what doesn't, set up wise. Not saying you'll learn anything but if you're struggling on a track, you'll at least you'll be with like-minded, clueless people!

Cheers,

Bagoo

Let me know if you want any help with setups in practice. I might not have the answers (certainly on tarmac) but I've learned a few things since I started and I can maybe point you in the right direction. Besides, it's best to develop your own setup for your own style of driving...

Also, if meetings are on and UK D servers are busy, I sometimes run a practice server with a few other drivers and we chew over what seems to work and what doesn't, set up wise. Not saying you'll learn anything but if you're struggling on a track, you'll at least you'll be with like-minded, clueless people!

Cheers,

Bagoo

cheers mate thats pukka also do you race f2s or saloons not sure if im on the pace on the practice on my own lol.

Cheers,

Bagoo

cheers mate thats pukka also do you race f2s or saloons not sure if im on the pace on the practice on my own lol.

Hi m8,

I don't race those but had been thinking of racing F2s, if not just on shale. If any of them are like racing hot rods, let me know and I'll have a go as that seems to be more my style ;) No wonder I was always a Bert Finnikin fan!

I do have some F2 setups that Southy posted (and he didn't hang about on the track) so if you want me to send you those, let me know. Or, you can probably find them on here somewhere in one of Southy's retirement posts...I had a quick look for it just but couldn't find it.

Cheers,

Bagoo

who aint a Bert finnikin fan the mans a legend. and yes mate if you could send me them i would really appreciate it. ive booked in on f2 and saloon not sure how quick ill be but im picking the wheel up tomoz so ill be practicing so fingers crossed. also whats a good time at hednesford mate

my F2 times:

Lelystadt where we are racing tomorrow = 14.3

Hednesford = 14.6

As a white/novice though, I would advise you to just go for consistency to start with. Round Hedno if you are consistently doing around the 15.0 mark you should do ok to be honest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..