Results:

Heat 1: 48 43 229 380 184 238 79 384 90 246 244 527 254 443 480

Heat 2: 249 112 62 262 39 356 221 146 122 300 525 237 165 515

Heat 3: 300 165 112 90 184 525 146 229 221 254 527 246 237 443 79

Heat 4: 43 380 356 262 244 122 384 238 249 48 62 39 134 515

Heat 5: 184 300 90 525 229 380 238 246 384 356 221 527 165 237

Heat 6: 43 48 262 112 515 249 244 39 146 122 254 62 79 443

B-Final: 527 79 246 237 443

A-Final: :eclipsee_gold_cup: 112 :eclipsee_silver_cup: 525 :eclipsee_bronze_cup: 356 39 515 229 122 184 300 238 262 90 62 43 384 48 221 380 249 244 165 146

GN 1: 356 43 515 146 527 249 112 221 79 246 48 238 244

GN 2: 525 165 184 122 229 90 39 262 380 384 300 237 62 443

58 pts 112 Tom D

44 pts 525 Mav

41 pts 356 Mitch Wells

35 pts 184 Chevykiller

33 pts 43 pinken

32 pts 229 Tsjalle

29 pts 515 Big Al

28 pts 39 LeeK

24 pts 262 Harmen

23 pts 300 Mattyaspin

23 pts 122 craigcharles

19 pts 90 LiamB

17 pts 165 Pieter G

17 pts 249 stoxjack

15 pts 380 Liam Powell

15 pts 48 Tinman

12 pts 238 Kane_M

11 pts 146 CrashleyEngland

7 pts 527 fast track

6 pts 244 Toff

6 pts 221 Spike

6 pts 62 HHUNTER

3 pts 384 thebagoo

2 pts 79 weeryan

1 pts 246 Stox

0 pts 134 Jakebond

0 pts 443 ritzoberst

0 pts 455 chris.mugford

0 pts 480 Mackie D

0 pts 237 Ricky

0 pts 254 Samwit

Replays are here!!

Cheers

FT

Edited by Grasser233

oooooohhhh so close :rofl::5:

WHITE TOP TO SUPERSTAR - WIN OR LOOSE ITS WUNDERBAR!!!......................

Well Done Tom, judged it to perfection, missing the tyre, putting me in a half spin, hitting the Armco square on and getting the power down before I did, sign of a true World Champion!

Honestly truly gutted not to have a final win to my name, but one day maybe - Just not today :)

Off to find some yellow paint :king:

Cheers for a great meeting admin! :thumbup:

Enjoying racing again now Im back at yellow, not just because Im picking up points but because Im having the chance to have decent battles during races and not just ending up at the back after 5 laps.

Well done TomD on final win and points score! Also WD to Mav (unlucky in the final sure you'll get another chance), Mitch and Big AL with all 3 picking up big points from white.

:2:

Lloydy

Well I feel the need to comment on this for once.

Brilliant night from the stewards box tonight with Grasser and Stumpy, personally enjoyed watching every second. Some of the racing was a bit rough in places, but I wasn't racing so I cant complain. IMO that final was one of the best online races ive seen in quite a while, with Mav leading from the very start whilst almost managing to cling on to the victory on the last bend.

Huge well done to all of tonight's winners, especially Mav on clinging onto the GN after the last bend defeat in the final. Also a big well done to Mitch! Flying all night from that white grade, proving that racing with your head from the lower grades is the way forward! :king:

Cheers for the mention, Lloydy! Not having raced for a while, I was a bit over eager in my first two heats and made silly early mistakes with left me at the back each time. My pace once I settled down seemed ok though - for me!

Things finally clicked in my third heat and a fifth got me into the Final.

Mitch and I gave Mav an easy time at the start of the race and he got away. I then followed Mitch - I didn't want to go for a pass and make the same stupid mistake as Id been making earlier, and probably blow the race for both me and Mitch. It took a long time for me to get caught and thankfully top class drivers Tom and Leek showed me plenty of respect by being patient and taking their time to get past rather than just send me spinning in a swirl of shale! So fifth it was, one of my best ever rFactor Final results.

The Grand National went just as well, and had a race long battle with Lloydy. Credit to him for a perfect last bender to take second, but to be honest, third place was more than enough for me. In fact seeing the points today, Id rather have 29 than 30 as an immediate upgrade would do me no favours whatsoever!

Top night guys, thanks to all the Admin for a perfectly run meeting....

Very enjoyable meeting last night, superb racing ! The heats were good and the final was one of the best races so far this year imo.

Another heat win felt good, and was going very well in the national and put in a last bender on mav, but he just held it, PieterG nipped through and it was a very close finish wit Mav coming first, PieterG second and me in third.

Looking forward to next week at Skegness. I will be debuting my new Tom Harris tarmar car, my new shale car isn't done yet so probably it's in the skinpack next month.

Thanks stewards and ft

Thanks all for a top class meeting! My best meeting to date and my most enjoyable.

First off all of id like to thanks Kane238 for sharing his set up with me, it seemed to work;)

Well done to both Mav and TomD for a good final! And thanks to BigAl, Mav for some clean, fast and exciting racing!

Cheers Wardie and Lloydy!

See you all next week!:)

Having stayed up till 1am the previous evening to complete the reports for the heat league, I was so tired during the day that I wasn't particularly up for racing rFactor F1's once I got home from work.

Had tea, cleared away, sorted out a few things then around 7:15pm I went to the server. I had raced at Kings Lynn before and from what I remember I was "Ok" but not consistent.

Well, went out on track and the car just kept spinning, and being tired this just kept on annoying me. However, rather than doing a "Ricky", I tweaked a few things and went out and tried them out.

After half an hour I wasn't improving and felt like having a night on the sofa watching por..... programmes we had recorded.

I made further adjustments and gave it one more shot. Having only done 14.4 at best I now went and did a 14.2!

This gave me hope, but with up to 19 cars on track practicing, I wasn't sure if it was good enough. I decided to give the meeting a go, after all a nil point score wouldn't be the worst thing as it would

lower my average and keep me at white for a bit longer, giving me more opportunities for that final win I so much desired. I know its sad to think that I could only win a final from white but its a final win to me!

I had managed to win an rFactor F2 final from white at Kings Lynn, but didn't consider this meeting to be my best chance of winning a final as I wasn't quick enough or consistent enough.

My biggest fear was if I did score zero, would that have meant I had taken people out of races, hence controversy or would I just not be quick enough and people passed me with ease?

Lined up for heat one with Mitch #356 & Big Al #515, I followed Mitch for a few laps. We all got away well until Big Al spun, but Mitch was quick, slow, quick, slow and I was holding back too much and the yellows were coming.

I went past but Mitch wasn't going to follow me and re-took the lead, but would go wide and I was through again. He hit back again and lead again. By now the train of cars had caught up and I got barged about

and ended up back in 10th. I just circulated then and crossed the line 11th.

Heat 2, and the two whites went charging into the first bend and tangled. I kept it tight and was away. I couldn't keep it consistent enough to build up a lead, and it wasn't long before Matty #300 and Pieter #165 caught me.

I put up a little resistance, but they were through and gone. The last three laps of the race I lost a place each time and finished the race in 6th. Was that enough to see me in the final?

Heat 3, a much better performance. I hung in there and fought back on a few occasions which actually paid off for me. A good close race and really pleased with the outcome - 4th place - more points :blink:

Definitely in the final, I just hoped not to be in the way too much. When we went to practice for some unknown reason I tweaked one bit of the setup, went out and did 2 x 14.2 and a 14.3 straight off!

This gave me great confidence. When the go was called, Big Al, who was on pole, let me get the jump and I was away. Opening laps were very consistent and I was building up a lead from Mitch #356.

The concentration was at 110% and I never looked down to see how far 2nd was or indeed who it was, I just kept going. At lap 11, I did see that Mitch was still 2nd and that's when it started to dawn on me that this could be the one.

I started to catch backmarkers but decided to stay behind. I didn't want them to tag me or force me into a tyre so I hung behind. Fortunately they were quick so I wasn't loosing too much time.

At one point three went wide and I stuck to the inside, and down the home straight Spike #221 wasn't in full control and caused me to go sideways and I thought my chance had gone. I did hold it, thanks to Spike for not tagging my

back end, and I was away but my hands were now sweating and now my heart started pumping that hard I thought it was gonna burst through my chest!!

Five laps to go and still being consistent, 4, 3, 2, and still I couldn't see anyone close enough, yet I always panic on the last lap, as I don't want to throw it away by spinning or hitting a tyre or anything.

One lap to go was shown on the screen, cue the shaking! I under cooked the bend and had to pull out of my drift else I would have hit the tyre, trying desperately to get the front end back round so I could accelerate. Good it did.

Down the back straight, and I did a little wiggle so I eased off. I needed to be close to the tyre so I could stave off any attacks, but I believed I was far enough in front not to be attacked. I skimmed the tyre and as I was just about to

accelerate to go round the corner - WHACK - I'd been hit. It was a complete surprise and shock - adrenalin kicked in and I thought "NOOOOOOOO" I couldn't see who hit me nor where they were. I held the half spin but just as I was picking

up speed, a car came up my inside. My only thought was to drive it at the tyres but they had too much speed for me to do that and my big chance had gone. I should have stopped and not collected 2nd and the 20 odd points that came with it,

but that would be going a step too far in "working" the system for my own benefit.

Looking at the replay, TomD put in some magnificent laps to catch me in the first place, he was over a straight down on me with around 5 to go and still had Mitch #356 and Big Al #515 to pass. The hit was inch perfect but he got lucky with the

bounce off the Armco and was able to get on the power earlier than me as I was sliding. Maybe if I drove at the fence after being hit I too could have got the bounce and got away. Maybe if blah blah, the bottom line is that TomD deserved the win

for the effort he put in to catch me along with the final bend assault - Congrates m8 :appl:

I do seem to have a collection of 2nd's in my racing career, so that's probably all I am destined for, but if the races are as tense and enjoyable as that then I would be happy to be 2nd every time.

Wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Grand National as the disappointment was overwhelming, but gridded up and went for it. Again I got away and lead the whole race again, and again I was assaulted on the last bend!!

This time it was Chevy #184, but he came from along way back and had a lot more momentum which took us both to the fence. Pieter #165 also followed Chevy, so all three of us were in the Armco and fighting to get out to the line.

We were three abreast down the straight me on the outside, Chevy being squeezed in the middle and Pieter on the inside picking up speed. We all crossed the line together and was very jubilant to see that I was still in first place!

Again another brilliant end to a race, but this time I was the victor!

The whole meeting sums up why I want to be white. I am no good in chasing people and trying to pass them, I much more enjoy being chased and trying to hold off drivers. Its certainly not so I can win races, that is just an added bonus, its

because that's what I am good at, and what gives me the enjoyment. I know I would never be good at being blue or above, I just haven't got the ruthless streak in me to drive hard, but racing at my own level is great for me :)

Up to yellow now, and another set of challenges. The aim will now be top ten finishes as I would have to rule out winning races especially a final until I get a lot better which will take time. (My setups are all my own work Ricky!)

11th, 6th, 4th, 2nd, 1st - Have to be happy with those results :thumbup:

Finally, congrates to Mitch #356 & Big Al #515, some great results there and it goes to show how enjoyable rFactor can be when all grades do well.

UK OPEN next week, and I quite like Skegness, so here's to another great meeting fingers crossed :2:

ps I tried to capture the last 10 seconds of the final to upload to facebook, but for some reason it played a black screen when run. Would someone be able to capture it and post for people to see?

Good reading again Mav, was refreshing to see some heavy points scored from white for a change.Having watched the 'A' Final replay I think you can consider yourself particularly unlucky on the last bender from Tom D. The way you bounce off the armco suggests that you would gain enough traction to win the drag race to the chequered, but the unpredictable nature of the physics in this mod's coding can sometimes lend an air of unpredictability.That's either its greatest strength or largest flaw depending on where you finish, & to come within an ace of your maiden 'A' final win must be especially hard to take as it could easily had a different outcome. I've been on the end of some desperate last bend lunges & managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory more than once, but it actually spurred me on to keep having a go to get that elusive win, in fact my 3 A final wins all came from yellow so its certainly possible to keep the blue & red train from catching given the right breaks & at the right track.

Overall a hugely positive meeting I thought, with some good, fast, clean sparring & it bodes well for the season to come...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..