World Cup at Venray - UK entries

MC388

Taken from latest newsletter :

Every driver who would like to drive at venray, must be aware of the fact that the following clothing is compulsory from 20th august 2005 onwards

Driver

- According FIA 8856 - 2000 or better :

Balaclava, Turtleneck with long sleeves, long pants, race shoes ( the higher ones are better than the lower ones)

- According standard FIA86:

Gloves, Racing suit ( till the end of 2007, from 1st jan the minimum standard will be 8856 - 2000).

The racing suit may not be embroidered through and through . the embroidery may only being applied at the outer layer .

Mechanic:

Every mechanic, if being on the race track before or after race, must wear overalls.

Team:

Every team must have a fire extinguisher with a max of 5kg, which has to be near the car,when standing in the pits.

From what i see there is a big expense to race at venray hence why a few aint bothering

25800[/snapback]

Just to point out I belive that as of end july that all drivers racing at a spedeworth track has to wear  gloves, overalls, Kneck brace, helmet, boots and balaclava.

I know at incarace they are very funny over the helmets you use. Sometimes taking them off the drivers till the end of the meeting.

At the naiontal's weekend. They was making sure everyone was belted up and helmets on before you was even allowed on the track. They gotta take H & S serious or you could face possible closure.

hi edman

I hope i don´t sound rude anyway. I like this diskussion as it is really helpful to know different views of the same and get some really good information. I think (personal view) it doesn´t matter what league they are in to keep some things like they should be... i never saw Michael Schumacher change a gearbox on track cuase this is not normal. If you got on the track... your car goes or go not. and if not you have to leave.

And btw... i will never never never understand and i think most of the visitors got the same problem why anybody got the gridposition they got cause of the paintings they want. Why is nobody saying anything for somebody thats on red tops position with a white roof???

This make that sport not understandable for most people.

And it looks like all agree.. their must be more rules that are used as rules.

Psycko, Your absolutely right about the roof colours, I've never seen black, purple or green graded drivers. The only thing is that if you're gonna change the roof colours, you have to have a commentator who knows what he's talking about and a bit knowledge of English and German wouldn't do any harm either.

I almost peed myself when I heard the commentator call the English drivers up to come to the runway. Irony wants that there's an airfield for remote control aircraft right next to the Posterholt pits, so if the English could have easily taken the pee out of the commentator by lining up in front of the airfield. That same commentator wasn't happy at all when I confronted him with his English and German, well and Dutch for that matter, because he's a Belgian.

Cheers,

Edman.

Just to point out I belive that as of end july that all drivers racing at a spedeworth track has to wear  gloves, overalls, Kneck brace, helmet, boots and balaclava.

well obviously

I know at incarace they are very funny over the helmets you use. Sometimes taking them off the drivers till the end of the meeting.

Havent been to bothered about mine only look at label on back

At the naiontal's weekend. They was making sure everyone was belted up and helmets on before you was even allowed on the track. They gotta take H & S serious or you could face possible closure.

Think you missed what i'd put down firestorm the regs i put down are pretty much F1 grand prix regs so its a upgrade on what a fair few drivers use over hear.

lol the comentators in venray try their best i think but with that speakers its a mission impossible to give any infos while any car (even the controll car) is driving around the track.

So call me insane but because i growed up with that sport it´s some times in my dreams.

I wish it sometimes happen like i dream it.

1. Roof colors back

2. Grid position is known from each driver

3. If winner is driven around the tracks nothing else happen (no entry of the new league allreday)

4. First race... commentator welcome each driver with name

5. more rollin starts with starters

6. more yellow flags instead of race stops (this works well in england)

7. 1st to 3rd back in the control car (if possible mechanic of 1st drive the car behind

8. all contact classes try to get the damaged cars of the track after race on their own (hopefully their will more drivers get friends)

9. (for venray) get that information board working

10. make a investment into a raceday newspaper (like i got them from 1986 from nettetal)

What we need back in speedway sport are visitors that know the classes and their drivers... that got their local heros... and know the rules.

1. Roof colors back------Agree

2. Grid position is known from each driver Agree

3. If winner is driven around the tracks nothing else happen (no entry of the new league allreday)-- Not enough time to wait, you can get a new formula on track during a lap of honour, just quit the so called interviews.

4. First race... commentator welcome each driver with name He does that now, at least the Belgian commentator, the german one only tells funny stories about how he lives on Crete and how he has survived several emergency landings when coming down for his commentating job.

5. more rollin starts with starters All races at Venray are started with a rolling start, bar the Hotrods and vacuumcleaners, if I'm correct

6. more yellow flags instead of race stops (this works well in england)I do see more yellow flags instead of reds these days.

7. 1st to 3rd back in the control car (if possible mechanic of 1st drive the car behindWhy should they do that after each race, the winner is enough. At Venray they hand the trophies over after the meeting, at Posterholt the first three of each formula get a lap of honour.

8. all contact classes try to get the damaged cars of the track after race on their own (hopefully their will more drivers get friends)this does happen a lot, but sometimes the cars can't be pushed of the track because of the damage sustained. More drivers get friends, I have to laugh about that. many drivers are friends and there are also enemies, it has always been that way and it'll always be that way.

9. (for venray) get that information board workingThe scorreboard works, they only need somebody who can operate it or maybe they need the user manual.

10. make a investment into a raceday newspaper (like i got them from 1986 from nettetal)I reckon you don't know the costs involved in a project like that. I work in a printing works and it's not cheap, sure Venray could pay for it, but I'd see the entrance money rise through the roof. I've had two days of good racing for 20 euros at Posterholt, maybe you could tell me what you pay to get in at Venray for both days, because I don't know that.

What we need back in speedway sport are visitors that know the classes and their drivers... that got their local heros... and know the rules.You've got a points here, people should know the formulas and the basic rules. Don't give them a rulebook or they become a pain in the promoters butt, just like me.

Cheers,

Edman.

i think for venrays speedweekend it was said 15 € per day.. maybe 25 for both?

More answers will follow today evening or tomorrow.. i love that diskussion... i find somebody that got some infos and can understand what i mean...

BTW with the rolling lap i meant behind controll car as stated in another diskussion thread

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..