Bristol lap times

Danny17

Assuming you know nothing about bristol... and knowing you dont have facebook (to see the regular pictures I post on the UKDirt page) let me give you a little education..

here's what most people think...

Bristol is a massive track where nobody EVER crashes. All the fast people always win the races and if your slow theres no point in racing because all the fast people lap you...

here's my reply to those people...

uCBWcHA.png

KrpceFN.png

ANHr3nE.png

LETS GO CRASHING!!

----------------------------------------------------------

On another note, there's a newer version of Bristol now available off the website!

Alternatively download it HERE

Edited by Wardieee

I seem to have a problem with Bristol v1.0

I deleted the Bristol folder in "locations" before installing.

When I try to load this track, I get a dialog box with:

"Error loading texture F2_TRUCK_391 for material ROADA245."

There are some similar dialogs afterwards, complaining about ROADA245, followed by rfactor bombing out.

Any ideas ?

I seem to have a problem with Bristol v1.0

I deleted the Bristol folder in "locations" before installing.

When I try to load this track, I get a dialog box with:

"Error loading texture F2_TRUCK_391 for material ROADA245."

There are some similar dialogs afterwards, complaining about ROADA245, followed by rfactor bombing out.

Any ideas ?

run it on DX9 and try it again?

Jeez, This track for me WONT RUN! Every time I try to run it, I get a error. Grvvl 13 or something like that. I've tried to reinstall several times, and it aint for having it, any help?

run it on DX9 and try it again?
Edited by Wardieee

Its fairly impossible for it to not be working. The track has been raced on for over 12 months and nobody has ever had any issues... UKDirt simply didn't use the up to date version until now as we hardly ever race Bristol.

Make sure you didn't install it in 7 different places.. remove every single version of Bristol you have! (from the recycle bin and everything)

Download it again from the UKD site

Install it to your rFactor folder making sure your antivirus doesn't block it!

Then make sure your PC is running on DX9 in the rFactor config (if you are running on DX7 it wont work, simple)

Load it up and it will work, if it still doesn't work it must be one of the following reasons...

- You're trying to install the track on a Compucolor 8001

- Your graphics card needs updating

Edited by Wardieee

Its fairly impossible for it to not be working. The track has been raced on for over 12 months and nobody has ever had any issues... UKDirt simply didn't use the up to date version until now as we hardly ever race Bristol.

Make sure you didn't install it in 7 different places.. remove every single version of Bristol you have! (from the recycle bin and everything)

Then make sure your PC is running on DX9 in the rFactor config (if you are running on DX7 it wont work, simple)

Load it up and it will work, if it still doesn't work it must be one of the following reasons...

Ill try it.. Tbf, Knowing my luck with getting stuff to work, it wont lol.

Ill try it.. Tbf, Knowing my luck with getting stuff to work, it wont lol.

Nope, No luck, Stil....

this is gonna sound bad, but i could never ever ever ever run buxton (not such a bad thing) on my old pc as i always had an error when loading the track, dx9, dx8... u name it i tried it and there was no fix until i got my new pc, it runs fine now. just some tracks for some people dont seem to want to ever work

I'll try dx9 but I'm fairly sure that's not it. I tried about 5 other tracks including Buxton, stoke, Birmingham........... And all were working OK. Sometimes I get the warning box, other times, it just hangs.

It may work for some because of existing files elsewhere? Or is a track completely self contained in its folder? I think I have raced Bristol before and it was OK so I guess it's something to do with this new track.

Edited by thebagoo

I'll try dx9 but I'm fairly sure that's not it. I tried about 5 other tracks including Buxton, stoke, Birmingham........... And all were working OK. Sometimes I get the warning box, other times, it just hangs.

I ran on DX7 got the error. Changed it to DX9 and worked fine.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..