Rally Greece (Dirt Rally)

Next event is up. Brown trousers time as we're doing the Acropolis in Group B cars... 4WD and RWD as well for the brave. 6 stages as per the last one, but extra services as this one will be more punishing on the car.

League link = https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/...68/ukdirt-rally

14/7/2015 20.00pm - 20/7/2015 22.00pm

It's also been good to see how people are getting on so please post below how you are doing.

post-42-1436900521.jpg

Well I've just done my run only for it to end on the very last sector with a big roll down the side of the mountain.

Up until that point it was probably my best run yet with very few mistakes no damage an to be fair pretty fast but it only takes 1 an it has cost me dearly. :banghead2:

I seem to be getting the hang of this now but I'm still tweaking wheel settings ect an the handbrake seems to be getting much better by the event.

Cheers for setting this up Grasser an putting in you're time, some times it's nice to turn right lol :steeringwheel:

Just done my run!

Fairly pleased with how it went, no big offs but a few ventures off the path which probably cost me a lot of time.

First stage was clean then a brief acquaintance with a rock early in the second stage left me nursing the car home with a front left puncture :banghead2:

Rest of the stages were ok with just a few little offs and the odd mistake on hairpins, still cant get used to using the handbrake, think my best stage was the one in the dark as this was because I was taking it steady and not trying to over drive.

Maybe thats the way forward from now on, go slow to go quick :coffee:

Ill second that Danny, this is a nice change and hope it can continue for a while.

:2: Grasser!!

Does anyone know if upgrades on the cars count in leagues?

Looking at the videos I was at a bit of an unfair advantage in the S4 which i had 4/5 upgrades on, it got to 70 in 2nd gear while the metro looks to struggle.

But anyway, obviously a few crashes (hard not to in the killer B's) and a few resulting flats.

Hard to tell how I really did with the difference between cars though unfortunately.

These bloody rocks got me a couple of times, I know for definate that they are on stage 2 and some others that I can't remember.

post-68807-1437129468.jpg

It's a set of downhill 6's so your going pretty fast and you think you can do them at full speed right?

Wrong, this bush blocks your view into the corner if your using bonnet/cockpit cam so you just turn blind hoping for the best.

It ends up being tighter than expected, your RR wheel slips out wide and boom, you roll end over end.

It's the sheer drops on the left through stage one that tends to get me. The night stage was a a pain for some reason as well.

I had the Metro and it did feel underpowered particularly up hill and out of tight corners... My one has no upgrades either as I don't "own" it. I would expect a Delta , RS200 or a 205 to be quicker but I was hoping for clean runs in the Metro to give me a chance which didn't happen! I don't know on the upgrades though, I'd have to look into it.

Well that was crap...

Hate the Greece stages, don't know why, loved the cars though! Was running a decent 2nd until stage 5, then I feel off the cliff after the flag sector board but before the actual finish - RUBBISH! Maintained 2nd but only a 6 second gap. Stage 6 was worse, ended up in an Italian Job style moment hanging over the edge of a hill, then it feel and it retired me - Rally over :(

Hoping next week will be better! :)

Having not used the car before (although I have bought it and not raced it, but should have) I found it very light and gears were not what I was used too!!

Therefore on both Stage 1 & 2 I crashed several times including within the first 3 bends!!!

From then on I drove like I was on a Sunday School outing but slowly got used to how it handled.

Stages 3 to 5 got gradually better, but looking at the leader board I resigned myself to being last, as I was after Stage 5.

Stage 6 and it was going well until three quarters when my back wheel hit a rock and spun me; I was close to the edge and took an age to turn it around without going over the edge.

Finally crossed the line in disappointment but when the final leader board came up I couldn't believe I was 4th and just 8 seconds off claiming 3rd!! (Dam that spin!!!)

So overall not a bad performance seeing how I really dislike Greece and was not prepared with the car as much as I would have liked. :king:

NEXT PLEASE!!! :thumbup:

Yep my talent has run out :) I knew i was going to like rally greece after the first stage being about 20 seconds into last place. Stage 2 was even worse, Managed to pick up a puncture on the right rear after the first quarter of the course. Then i managed to nurse it home but lost more time. Stage 3 my best stage being in the night i didnt push as hard as normal and that seemed to keep me on the track at least. Stage 4 i was going well...Or so i thought then i caught a rock and launched of the end of a cliff. Retirement for me :( and maybe my team will think twice next time they come to renew my contract haha (could nickname me Kubica at the moment). All in all that was a nightmare event didnt even get to finish all the stages but i will be back for more next week. Hopefully on a course i can keep the car on!!!

Sorry Mav but i have taken your last place and doesnt look like i will be giving it up in a while ;)

Just tried to do the one of the Dirt stages on the online bit an had major Lag to a point where I got full game freeze an then it put me when it unfroze at the bottom of a hill with 99% damage.

The game did say it had not been recorded an it would not be uploaded to racenet.

It wouldn't let me restart the stage tho.

Anybody had owt like this?

Just tried to do the one of the Dirt stages on the online bit an had major Lag to a point where I got full game freeze an then it put me when it unfroze at the bottom of a hill with 99% damage.

The game did say it had not been recorded an it would not be uploaded to racenet.

It wouldn't let me restart the stage tho.

Anybody had owt like this?

I've had numerous graphical glitches like missing textures ect, but never anything game breaking like that.

Congrats to Jeyder, who had the S4 going well to a fine win for this one. I hauled the Metro around without losing any doors to second with lloydy third, Mav fourth, Josh 5th and DanW rounding out the finishers.

Keep an eye out for the next one!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..