Switching from computer to another computer

When I first registered to ukdirt, I used my mobile phone to do the registration and the driver race numbers to each of the formulars I which to participate in.. As in my first post (introduction to dirt), I mentioned that I have not got a computer/laptop..

Today a family member of mine gave me the use of a laptop for a short period time, when I went to login using my username and password on the first initial login page of the website I found that I couldn't login, when I started typing in my username the screen went black and blank..

At this time I was logged out via my mobile phone as mentioned above, so with that said it would appear that I may have to re-register I think, but if I do that it may say something like username and password already in use I am assuming..

Or let's put it another way,, if I registered using either or laptop/computer, and for some unknown reason or a old machine fails and a new laptop/desktop computer is bought, surely you should be able to login using same username and password. I know that computers use different ip addresses..

In other words can you use multiple machines, as long as the appropriate downloads have been installed on said machine..

I would appreciate any help/advice in this matter..

Cheers

Dave

You should be able to log into the site from a different PC, laptop, phone. Must be a problem with the firewall/anti-virus or something on the lap top.

Try again on your phone, should be OK.

You don't need to do another registration and if you did, you can't use the same email address or nickname/username as the original ones are still in the database.

Hi Counter..

Yes I can still login using my user and password details on the main web page, using my phone that no problem.. I tried again logging in on main web page using laptop, still no joy there but I could login on the forum page still using laptop..You maybe right in your reply either a antivirus or it could even be a glitch on that laptop..

I will soon know once I have purchased a laptop or desktop for myself..

Cheers

Dave

Ok thanks Harry G. I will give that a try tomorrow at some stage

The other thing I didn't tell or say,, that when using the laptop as mentioned above was when I started to put in my username details the very first letter that's when the laptop screen went black but had a few things showing like home page and stuff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..