Buxton National Championship + WQR

Kane238

Results:

National Championship: :eclipsee_gold_cup: 238 :eclipsee_silver_cup: 455 :eclipsee_bronze_cup: 800 92 39 82 79 981 21 184 117 192 627 777 411 84 895 44 221 980 653

Heat 1: 238 777 117 981 79 184 39 92 21 82 192 221

Heat 2: 84 411 238 82 777 117 653 800 44 895 627 981 980 455

Heat 3: 92 653 39 800 84 21 184 44 411 79 455 895 627 221 192 980

Final: :eclipsee_gold_cup: 455 :eclipsee_silver_cup: 21 :eclipsee_bronze_cup: 238 92 653 39 79 184 981 84 82 44 117 800 777 221 192

GN: 653 92 180 238 84 800 184 79 117 981 21 39 455 82 627 44 192 777

41 pts 238 Kane_M

36 pts 92 hoggy

35 pts 653 Ryan Simpson

25 pts 21 LouisH

24 pts 84 Timm

22 pts 39 LeeK

20 pts 455 Kbarker

19 pts 184 Jack Ward

18 pts 79 weeryan

15 pts 777 HGR

15 pts 117 Dan W

15 pts 800 BenChambers

12 pts 981 MartinB

11 pts 411 ReeceWinch

8 pts 82 Dbecks

8 pts 180 Wardieee

5 pts 44 Tom K

1 pts 895 The Undertaker

0 pts 627 PeteC

0 pts 980 stockcarmaster

0 pts 221 Spike

0 pts 192 Brianhogg

MESSERS :3:

110 magic mike

306 PIERCEYB

The replays are here!

Well done to Kane an Barker.

A big thanks to all for the meeting.

So onto the racing we go. We were at Buxton??? Some very good racing from the blue's not gungho like at some tracks.

It must be a 1st for me to enjoy a Buxton meeting even tho I hit most cars that were going t**s up.

One question I will ask tho is why are the grade gaps getting shorter? In the final the reds may as run at blue as they were that close.

One question I will ask tho is why are the grade gaps getting shorter? In the final the reds may as run at blue as they were that close.

Its very difficult to watch every grade gap on formation lap,i watch the front of grid for correct time to call go.The gaps are set at start and i trust the more experienced drivers at the back of the grid to keep the same gap all the way around,i get help from people on teamspeak if there is a problem with grades at the back.In general the grade gaps are much improved from last season but you also need to factor in if the front of your grade is a little slow off the mark then the reds will be on you because the reds and superstars can't afford to be slow off the mark because they have a lot of ground to make up to get to the front,also if when i call go the reds and superstars are generally exiting turn 2 so they get flat out before going into turn 3 while you at blue are halfway down the straight when go is called so you are not as fast entering turn 3 as the reds.Hope this answers your question Dan :thumbs_up:

I was having this discussing in TS with Hoggy and Ryan Sharp last night. Personally I think Stumpy does a grand job, and tbh the racing would be extremely different without him, and no matter your opinion on having a live steward the racing would go down hill without him. Stumpy is one man in a server of 24 cars. Half of which Stumpy will watch on the roller. The simple fact of the matter is that you will all roll past stumpy at some point, all rolling past 6 (ish) at a time. Now you are asked to roll at 20MPH/32KPH MAX - KEEPING THE GRADE GAPS THE SAME now this doesn't mean roll at 21 - 15 - 17 - 25 then saying oh well I've averaged 20 because by doing so all you are doing is bunching the people at the back of the grid up. The less consistent the average speed at the front of the grid is, the more the reds and superstars start to bottle neck, resulting in go being called with superstars doing 30 and red tops doing 10... This is the reason a lot of restarts are made with issues regarding Whites and Yellows, simply because they are not consistently rolling around at a steady speed.

Luckily for the repeat offenders I am not a huge part of the F2 admin team anymore, because as you all know the repeat offenders would simply be removed from the race if I was the RM of the meeting... So consider yourselves lucky you have people like Ben and Stumpy who are kind enough to give people a second chance, or even a third chance when it comes to messing up the start of a race, as in the past some admins (myself being one) simply wouldn't allow it.... Consider yourselves lucky.

Now with regards to Buxton, rolling laps are never especially good here because its an 'odd track' now when I say an odd track im not talking about how slippy it is or the wall or anything like that, I'm referring to the shape of the track. We have 2 common types of track, we have the small ones like Barford, Westworld, Skegness, Mildo, where we commonly race so therefore we have a good idea of where each grade should be, we then have the average tracks, so Birmingham, Cov, Kings Lynn, NIR, Cowdie, Bradford, Stoke ect where the tracks are around the same size so the grades line up in around the same kind of area. Racing at these tracks a lot makes the lining up very clear and easy, especially with them being around the same kind of size. Then you get the odd tracks like Buxton, Belle Vue, Knock Hill which are all very different to each other, and nobody really knows where the grades should be so its down to the whites and yellows to get themselves around to the front, then everyone else kind of needs to hold back and wait for the steward of the meeting to grid them up, however with these tracks not being raced so often even they will find it hard. Drivers simply need to cooperate with the stewards otherwise it turns into a case of the blind leading the blind, and nobody needs that!

To quote the General Rules off the UKDirt website......

Race Stewards

Where possible stewards will control races. This may include:

- Lining up cars before the start of the race (i.e. setting grid order, or grade gaps)

- Calling the rolling lap and start of the race

- Restarts as appropriate - typically in the case of jump starts, warp, or other issues

- Removal of drivers - typically only in the case of warp, talking, or excessive inappropriate behavior

Any actions taken by stewards will be relayed to the race manager of the meeting, who will determine whether any further action is required. Please be aware that a steward cannot watch every driver in each race all of the time, so it will not always be possible to observe and respond to every incident you are involved im. If you disagree with a stewards actions please address the Admin team for the mod, as you would with any other complaint.

Now to be quite simple there are two ways of dealing with an issue such as this, bringing it up on the forum not being one.

1) As per the General Rules, speak to the Race Manager VIA PM, who may speak to the DP team to have a watch... If they find any issues they will deal with it via PMs or possibly discipline action depending on the suspects and repeat offenders.

2) PM the Head Admin of the formula AFTER a race, in which case he will tell the RM which will lead to Step 1 being carried out, however the head admin themselves may bring it up with Stumpy in which case Stumpy can keep a keen eye on the offenders.

We have all of the correct procedures in place, it's simply down to the 'complainer' to complain via PM in MIRC or Via the forum.

All of the correct steps are in place. If you don't follow the correct procedures that we have put in place, nobody will notice it has happened and nothing will be done about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..