Fave Track off all time

sim_902

Whats your all time fave track, to watch or race on??

Shamrock Park is mine, was an amazing track, always had a good atmosphere with lots of action on track, small and tight, pity it closed but thats the way things go........

Newton Abbot was a corker in its day.

Probably now i would say Ringwood (when bangers are good) or Westworld, although i do rate Arena and Wimbledon very highly.

From what i have seen, i think Swaffham would have been my favourite!!

Guest Scrapman53

Not my fav track, but the one I was most impressed with is Crewe. Me and Willie got there in 86 and thought what have we let ourselves in for? But when the racing started the F1s and Bangers were awesome.

Fav track to race on was old Skeggy Tar or old Swaffam. (I nearly surprised the locals at Swaffam in 99)

The best track to spectate at for me was Crewe..had an atmosphere about it somehow. Best track to race at from an autograss point of view for me was White Rose Autograss club's old track at Methley, awesome to race at due to its downhill sloped turn 3 and 4...   wink.gif

Cheers

Grasser#233

My favourite has to be Long eaton, always loved it there when i was small and I feel disapointed its closed now i can aprreciate it even more.

Cheers MoR

Wisbeach was 1 of my favs... on there day supers and saloons were unbeatable fanstic all action track,

Ipswich... (yes ham i did like speedworth lol) but only in the 70's & 80's

Swaffham (old) .. 2's were good there and that classic icebreaker.. yes i was there 2.. about as good as bangers can get...

Todays tracks

Kings Lynn and mildenhall... it's shale.. and always good to watch  thumbup.gif

Also since mechin for spike... think Brum is great for 1's and 2's 

Wisbech - hardly saw a bad meeting there, perfect track for Saloon Stock Cars, the likes of racing that I have never seen since. Superstox were even worth watching, and 50 car Ministox races were mental.

Old Swaffham - during the period of 1996 to when the track died (IE, Spedeworth took over) I hardly missed a meeting as I would be covering it for my magazine which was Trackstar based. Top notch track with the best banger racing available, even the domestics were quality and some of the biggest hits I can remember topped the Icebreaker ones.

Boston - the track where it was always cold no matter what the time of year. Loved going there,  again pretty regularly. You couldnt beat shivering in a chair on the bend with a Pie & Mushy Peas for company.

Favourite track's to race on are split for me between scunthorpe and boston,think boston might edge it for me as result's were better for me lol.

Favourite track to watch at would again be split between them 2 but i dont think you could beat the feel and closeness of f1's at boston it was amazing.

ITs gotta be wimbo such a nice track. Never raced it though and doubt I ever will.  The old swaffham was good still is good in my eyes.  The Icebreaker was allways a very cold one. Often it rained or snowed. Many times i've gone up soaked through and frezzing. 

Ipswich is a very quick track aswell. Allways watch the national's round that when its dry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..