May Grade Changes

Jrusselluk

who does the grading ? you got a champ as blue top? & way to many blue tops.

James does the grading and taken from our rules....

Roof Grades

Drivers must display White, yellow, blue or red down to the tops of their doors.

Any driver winning an official Championship will be required to paint his roof the said colour for that championship.

World - Gold

European - Red/Yellow Chequered

British - Black/White Chequered

National - Gold Stripe

English - St George's Cross

Scottish - St Andrew's Cross

National Points - Silver

ORC Champion - Orange/White Chequered

UK Open Champion - Union Jack

All the roof grades noted above / champions must start at the back of the grid.

Absolute joke, and you wonder why saloons doesn't get numbers when the rules are just made up.

Run them properly and i guarantee there will be loads more people race.

These are going to go the same route as the minis did if nothing gets done about it Leek.

Grades are done on averages over the previous month.

It is slightly tricky in Saloons because we get alot of people just doing the odd meeting here and there. (you can hardly dock people if they dont race!)

I know it would be easy just to glance at the national points and say who should be what grade. (maybe we could adopt this?)

Irish has never been a champion grade (is it in real saloons? I cant see it listed in the honours or as a championship grade in the rules)

Dane (or anyone else) are always welcome to PM me with suggestions/ideas they may have.

But generally the idea is to turn up for an hour on Wednesday, race and have some fun, and not take it too seriously :)

Whats an 'absolute joke' and what rules are 'just made up'?

A side note, to those who seem to have alot of opinions with regards to Saloons whether it be via this forum, Discord or in server, its very easy to have those opinions but when we (UKDirt Admin) posted threads asking for admin applications for whatever mod you thought suited you there wasnt a huge rush for people wanting 'to change' Saloons for the 'better'.

Dane.. The minis were always going to be a short term thing in reality, Grasser knew this when he made them as it was discussed. Saloons on the other hand are a long standing formula here at UKDirt and yes perhaps the mod needs a refresh/totall new one but as you know things are built quickly and you wont always make everyone happy.

What puzzles me is, last season I would say we had a pretty decent turnout for 80% of the meetings and they werent being 'raced properly' (Not my view by the way) but now there are less racing the the races are very roddy there are less and less racing. So whats right then? 18-22 car races with lots of action or 7-10 cars racing hot rods?

For not being a recognised championship someone should tell Ryan Wright and Anthony McIvor they have been starting in the wrong grade with the wrong roof color as the photos show both IRISH Champions starting with the other championship grades or are the english and british non championships as well.

Oh I also gather not one of the admin members have EVER seen a major saloon championship meeting where most if not all Champions tend to attend these meetings.

post-158-1525267309_thumb.jpg

post-158-1525267315_thumb.jpg

post-158-1525267320_thumb.jpg

Edited by samson

Our rules were/are based from the real SSC rules, see below from page 12 of the rules as viewed on the Saloonstockcars.com site...

23. ROOF COLOURS

When notified of their grading, drivers will paint the roof of their car in their appropriate colour.

White, yellow, blue or red down to the tops of their doors. Any driver winning an official ORC

Championship will be required to paint his roof the said colour for that championship:

• World Gold
  • British Black/White Chequered
  • European Red/Yellow Chequered
  • National Gold Stripe
  • National Points Silver
  • ORC Orange/White Chequered
  • English St. George's Cross
  • Scottish St. Andrew's Cross
  • UK Union Jack
  • World of Shale Gold stripe x2
  • National Series Rounds

All NS contenders must fit at least one flashing amber light. All roof grade s/champions noted above, must start at the back of the grid

So as said above and Im not disagreeing that the real Irish Champion doesnt run a roof grade, it just simply doesnt state within the rules that they must start at the back with the other 'Champions' hense why our rules currently state the same.

Our rules were/are based from the real SSC rules, see below from page 12 of the rules as viewed on the Saloonstockcars.com site...

23. ROOF COLOURS

When notified of their grading, drivers will paint the roof of their car in their appropriate colour.

White, yellow, blue or red down to the tops of their doors. Any driver winning an official ORC

Championship will be required to paint his roof the said colour for that championship:

• World Gold
  • British Black/White Chequered
  • European Red/Yellow Chequered
  • National Gold Stripe
  • National Points Silver
  • ORC Orange/White Chequered
  • English St. George's Cross
  • Scottish St. Andrew's Cross
  • UK Union Jack
  • World of Shale Gold stripe x2
  • National Series Rounds

All NS contenders must fit at least one flashing amber light. All roof grade s/champions noted above, must start at the back of the grid

So as said above and Im not disagreeing that the real Irish Champion doesnt run a roof grade, it just simply doesnt state within the rules that they must start at the back with the other 'Champions' hense why our rules currently state the same.

Come on now are you telling me that none of the admin team can use a bit common sense here when at a real life meeting despite what the rules say and the many many loop holes / grey areas within all the rulebooks and see the Irish champion start within the championship grade and you wouldn't adopt that same thing for here that claim to run as close to the real life version hmm.

Absolute joke - was referring to the Irish not being a listed Major Championship even though i tried to explain about it before.

Rules just made up - was referring to the incident between me & Counter at Lynn but that's old news.

As for a new mod that is still very much in the works but as you know its not something that can be done over a weekend and especially not when i have been doing it all by myself.

The minis was actually quite a good little mod and around 75% of the people enjoyed them but the rumours that were going about at the time was it wasn't the mod that made them not get the numbers.

So the question is what has made the majority of people who used to race saloons when there was plenty drivers stop racing them now.

The stories that ive heard are people wont race because they believe that team racing is a big thing in saloons, people seemed to think that it was everyone vs Leek/DanSkin and James/TomD were the ones who would stop everyone to get them the wins.

Quite frankly i couldn't care what other people think i just race for myself and don't get involved in anyone else's little feuds or whatever.

I've seen the numbers drop is mainly because someone drives round slowly and smashes everyone up as much as they can that what I've been told by people that have stopped loons

Thanks Samson, no I haven't been to a major in a while (I know that's bad!)

I did go to check on the saloonstockcar website and (as well as the rules) they also don't list it in the honours, but list everything else, not sure why.

I am fine with implementing it in the game if it is a real championship grade in the real thing.

Dane - the incident was reviewed properly, again against the rules.

A lap down attack (single) was not Excessive lap down attacks - (more than one)

Ive also seen loads of real races where people have been taken out a lap down with no punishment too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..