Another 1 for the Techies.

Guest Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

I just built this system a few months ago.

Asus A7n8x Mobo

Athlon XP 3200 (400fsb) processor

Kingston KVR400X64C3A/256 memory

Radeon 9600 128mb GX card (basic one)

I've just added another memory stick (same part number) to make it dual channel and everything seems quicker since doing this apart from my Heat Mods crashing.

I got an eror message when I had to manually switch the PC off saying that my GX card driver was the reason the game crashed, so I installed the latest Catalyst driver and the same happened again. Since that I've tried an older Catalyst driver and a few of the Omega drivers with the same results. hitsfan.gif

I re-installed the driver that came with the card but still no luck, so I eventually took the new memory stick back out and Heat runs fine.

The only difference with the new memory is that all the memory chips are on 1 side of the new stick and the old stick has the chips alternating from front to back along the length. (thought I was doing the right thing ordering a stick with the same part number) lol.

I just built this system a few months ago.

Asus A7n8x Mobo

Athlon XP 3200 (400fsb) processor

Kingston KVR400X64C3A/256 memory

Radeon 9600 128mb  GX card (basic one)

I've just added another memory stick (same part number) to make it dual channel and everything seems quicker since doing this apart from my Heat Mods crashing.

I got an eror message when I had to manually switch the PC off saying that my GX card driver was the reason the game crashed, so I installed the latest Catalyst driver and the same happened again. Since that I've tried an older Catalyst driver and a few of the Omega drivers with the same results.  hitsfan.gif

I re-installed the driver that came with the card but still no luck, so I eventually took the new memory stick back out and Heat runs fine.

The only difference with the new memory is that all the memory chips are on 1 side of the new stick and the old stick has the chips alternating from front to back along the length.  (thought I was doing the right thing ordering a stick with the same part number) lol.

2682[/snapback]

What happens if you take the old memory out and put the new one in on its own?

Guest Scrapman53

lol. Not tried any of your suggestions yet but it did cross my mind. Last night I was a bit annoyed with it as it took around 2 hours with the drivers due to corrupt downloads etc and the other things I tried. (uninstall this driver before installing another, then reboot here and reboot there. the time just flies in when you're havin probs. and all I wanted to do was race F1s. lol. ) I'll probably try these options today sometime and I'll post the results on here. (hope it works)

Thanks guys. thumbs_up.gif

Guest Scrapman53

OK guys.

Tried the new memory in slot 1 and it's fine. Kept that 1 in slot 1 and tried my old memory in slot 3 (like the manual says for dual channel) and crashed again. So tried the new one in slot 2 and the old 1 in slot 3 (dual channel again as per manual) and crashed still.

I have had problems with the GX card before and took it to a mates shop, and he tested the system and ended up fitting an exhaust blower in the case directly below the GX card. (it doesnt have its own fan). And I also fitted an 80mm fan in the side of the case blowing straight at the GX card heatsink to put some cold air directly onto it. and it al runs fine with 1 memory stick, either the old 1 or the new 1.

Do you think my GX card can't handle the dual channel memory? Kinda stumped here.

042.gif yo scrappy

you tried looking in the bios too c if dual channel is enabled?

only other thing i can think of m8

i dont think gx card has sumthing too do with system memory

did i read your gx card didnt have a fan on it blink.gif

Guest Scrapman53

shrug.gif

Typing this on the old PC now.

Last night I went to reboot the other 1 and it wouldn't get past the "Windows XP Professional" screen. It just keeps rebooting once it gets to that.

I've also had this problem a couple of times with it but it's always sorted itself out.

Btw. That was with 1 memory stick in and running on single channel.

Gonna put it into a shop where an old m8 works in the next few days and get him to test everything. hitsfan.gif

scrapman...

i built this 3200 just before crimbo and ukdirt,nascarheat kept crashing even though everything worked well .but i also used to get the system resart from time to time.got a message from the place i got motherbord from saying it was faulty....hope you kept reciept... got new motherboard thing works fine now.

Guest Scrapman53

My m8 in the shop said it's the Motherboard that's goosed. Got a new one coming on Tuesday so it's a good job I've got a 2nd PC at the moment. lol.

After reading the reviews on Ebuyer it looks like it's not just me that's had this problem. hitsfan.gif

Guest Scrapman53

All sorted now and it's flying again. lol. New motherboard and the latest driver for the graphics card as Heat wouldn't run with the one that came with the card, and latest driver for the soundcard after that as the sound was all distorted.

Since installing the soundcard driver, every now and then when I start a mod up the sound is slightly crackly. If I exit the game and start it up again it's Ok.

Any ideas anyone? Apart from that everything's runing perfect.

Guest Scrapman53
Yo scrappy..glad that its sorted...

that sound i have sometimes too ...just live with it i fink

coffee.gif  thumbup.gif

3582[/snapback]

Ok m8. cheers for the help. thumbs_up.gif

Since installing the soundcard driver, every now and then when I start a mod up the sound is slightly crackly. If I exit the game and start it up again it's Ok.

Any ideas anyone? Apart from that everything's runing perfect.

3581[/snapback]

Your not alone....I've have the same problem Pete and never been able to resolve it, its like there's a loose wire to the speaker and worse when you give it fully throttle when driving the F1. In the old mod, occassionally the music becomes very jumbled, the good news it that if you re boot the game it usually resolves it.

Sorry I can help but I'd like to know how to fix it.

Avon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..