THE STOCK CAR GHOSTS - The Story of the 1955 American Stock Car Tour Across England.

Biffo

Hi Guys,

Those of you that have been in UK dirt for ten years or so may remember me as Biffo racing Banger 720 on-line. (I did get one mention on the Hall of Fame in 2010).

I had a quick chat the Leek and he said it would be fine to post this on the forum.

I have spent the past year researching the American tour of England by the USA stock car team who came across in 1955 and raced against England.

They were brought over by the promoter Digger Pugh, to kick off the second season of stock car racing in the UK. The seven drivers were all from the Southern States, as you can imagine, and drove some mighty fast race cars.

I got information for the story from as far away as Australia and America and was lucky enough to talk to the only two US team drivers that are still alive, Bobby Schuyler, who is 85 and Neil 'Soapy' Castles who is 86 years old.

The book covers the early days of NASCAR through to the tour and tracks down just what became of them all, including the two US promoters that were the team managers.

The book is a paperback called, " The Stock Car Ghosts" and is available from Amazon for £9.99 and I am donating all of the royalties to charity, The Rowans Hospice., Purbrook, Hants.

So if it interests anyone GO BUY IT, please, and then we can raise some much needed funds. It comes with over 30 images and photographs.

Thanks for your time and good luck with the on-line racing.

Steve Daily  - alias BIFFO

• 5 months later...

Me again,

I'd just like to thank everyone who has actually bought the book, The Stock Car Ghosts', since April as we have now raised, between us, just over £670 for a worthy charity, The Rowans Hospice in Hampshire.

If you haven't got around to buying it yet Amazon will print you one off for a mere £9.99. Amazon have also released it as an ebook for £3.99.

Regards

Steve Daily - Alias BIFFO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..