More RAM

big al 515

Hi Lads

My friend who is ripping the insides of his pc out has offered me another cast off for free.

At the mo I have 2x128Mb RAM chips in my pc. I seem to remember they were PC133 from when I stuck in the extra chip before.

The one he has given me is 1x256Mb DDR333 Ram PC2700.

Can I just swap it for one of my 128Mb chips to boost myself from 256Mb to 384Mb, or would this cause some issues? I don't know what the PC133/PC2700 thing is about but remember some kind of compatibility issues regarding this kind of thing?

Thanks

F2-Fan is correct, Al- the memory sticks are not the same as yours. I did have a motherboard that took both kinds (it was from the time when DDR was just coming into play).

It would be cheaper (though a lot harder) to spend £30-40 on a new motherboard and use the cast off DDR ram, than to buy new 133 ram.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..