1300 World Final

FireStorm

Well what a intresting meeting it was.

4:30 pm start with 7 formulas ohmy.gif 22 races and 7 half hours later it was 5 to midnight with about 10 people left watching.

It saw a 34 grid all in world final with Sam Holland on pole and with the talk from her she said she knew it wasn't going to be her for the win, She then went onto to say I doubt i'll finish the race, She couldn't have been more correct.

With Wille Skoyles on the outside of her and George Morphey in 3rd, Julian Smith in 4th, Paul Brown in 5th and Diggy Smith 6th.  They set off for the first bend which saw Morphey give sam a nudge wide only for Julian Smith to put her away, Which saw Julian hit the apex and go straight across the track putting her in. She then got going and carried onto the next bend where she was then followed in again by George Morphey which took himself out the race. The race was stopped to recover a shaken up Sam Holland sitting on the exit of the bend. 10 minutes later Sam got the car out and asked if she could start from the back of the grid which they said no to. So back to the front she went, She didn't make the first bend, when she was turned left by diggy smith and broke the suspension. She suffered a broken hand in the result of only doing half a lap both times sad.gif

It went on with Willie taking up the lead and keeping it for a while till I belive he was turned round by Julian Smith, It went on and a very quick Jodie Bryant from around 12th on the grid in a nova !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come through to take the win with a Aaron Morris taking 2nd place and no 3rd was given as Julian Smith failed post race securitneering due to machined piston's I belive. James Stace took 4th place but had gone home so couldn't be checked.

Also just to top it off Diggy Smith followed James Stace in after the reds had come out. Apparntly Diggy didn't lift off for the corner.

A long night but was very worth it.

The v8's saw 12 turn out which wasn't worth watching.

Superstox had a healthy turn out with about 30 formning the grid again was good racing from them

Rookie Bangers had 70+ turn up and they provided some very good action.

no 3rd was given as Julian Smith failed post race securitneering due to machined piston's I belive.

rofl.gif You'd think after Diggy losing two 2lr WFs in the scrutineering bay the Smith family penny would have dropped by now  bop.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..