Outlaw Series Proposals

wrighty496

Chaps,

Further to the posts here and here regarding the future of LCH and the Outlaw Rods series, Joker and i have had a chat and would like to offer the following proposals for discussion.

The main idea is to run both formula within a meet weekly OR to alternate weeks. Our preference atm is for the dual formula meeting, using two private servers if required to run pairs of races for each formula with chat inbetween. People would be welcome to run either or both series but races will count toward an overall championship. The track would be the same for the whole meet for both formulas with both running heats and a Final. The track list is as Joker posts, with the exception that we'll use Sheffield instead of SheffieldR so all meets are run anti-clockwise.

The other discussion we had (gulp....) was including some roadcoarse racing for the series, as a separate championship. The idea was to run a roadcourse probably 1 week in 3 (so we'd run oval, oval, roadie, oval, oval, roadie etc) and again this would be for both formulae with private servers hosting. Tracks discussed (and either briefly tested or tried beforehand) are Brands Hatch, Donington, Silverstone, Rockingham, Lime Rock, Brno and Jerez plus whatever occurs to us/gets built and released in the meantime etc lol.

This will probably give us a 18-20 week schedule, to be run as mentioned on Saturday afternoons.

Interested? The series will feature its own website, i'll happily RM the meetings and maintain the points etc and skinpacks etc can be catered for if necessary. Please post on this thread if you have an interest in racing with us and we'll see what we can organize smile.gif

all the best ................ Wrighty

Edited by wrighty496

Chaps,

Further to the posts here and here regarding the future of LCH and the Outlaw Rods series, Joker and i have had a chat and would like to offer the following proposals for discussion.

The main idea is to run both formula within a meet weekly OR to alternate weeks. Our preference atm is for the dual formula meeting, using two private servers if required to run pairs of races for each formula with chat inbetween. People would be welcome to run either or both series but races will count toward an overall championship. The track would be the same for the whole meet for both formulas with both running heats and a Final. The track list is as Joker posts, with the exception that we'll use Sheffield instead of SheffieldR so all meets are run anti-clockwise.

The other discussion we had (gulp....) was including some roadcoarse racing for the series, as a separate championship. The idea was to run a roadcourse probably 1 week in 3 (so we'd run oval, oval, roadie, oval, oval, roadie etc) and again this would be for both formulae with private servers hosting. Tracks discussed (and either briefly tested or tried beforehand) are Brands Hatch, Donington, Silverstone, Rockingham, Lime Rock, Brno and Jerez plus whatever occurs to us/gets built and released in the meantime etc lol.

This will probably give us a 18-20 week schedule, to be run as mentioned on Saturday afternoons.

Interested? The series will feature its own website, i'll happily RM the meetings and maintain the points etc and skinpacks etc can be catered for if necessary. Please post on this thread if you have an interest in racing with us and we'll see what we can organize smile.gif

all the best ................ Wrighty

2963[/snapback]

Does this mean US Legends will no longer be under the UK Dirt umbrella?

JB it seems that US Legends future was as I saw it last summer when I stood down from admin that it is doomed as a mod under the umbrella! so time to coffee.gif wake up and drink the coffee! Thanks for your help keeping it there, but it is time to accept that not everyone is as enthusiastic about these cars as me....and my dedication towards them will be questioned this year in real life as I get my racing career back on track behind the wheel of a 1300 Stock Car stopping me from watching every meeting.

As for Sat meetings.....ok in principal, consistancy is the problem....I will be able to race when I am not racing in real (however might be in the garage working on the car ready for the Sunday), and some people will be going to Sat night meets one week and not the next....so maybe drop scores or average points would be better for the championship....just a thought.

re: Magpye - dropped scores are a good option - we'll look more closely as fixture lists get released thumbs_up.gif

re: JB - its not officially dropped from UK Dirt on the whole, merely from the weekly schedule - i'll still be running a main shootout series on the alternate Wednesdays during the summer when the Rods are on their break.

cheers chaps .... Wrighty (good to see the supporters of the mod coming out smile.gif)

ps - Cunny, will you be able to offer your services as a server when you're available as you do for BWS? (no pressure wink.gif lol)

Edited by wrighty496

I am proposing we start the series mid feb.........so we have time to get the fixture list just right and also get the site up to date.

We tested at coventry with four of us racing and the most important thing we noticed was the cars really do tend to push on at the start of a race making the first corner very tricky so please be aware of this.

We also found that it is best to try and make ur car handle alittle tail happy to try and counter the push on effect.

It is a whole new ball game setting a rod atleast up for dirt and i think wrighty had the best idea when he said we should probably try f2 setups..........just an idea lads.

The most important thing to remember is that these are none contact, and it will be kept that way.........ROD/LCH RULES APPLY AT ALL TIMES.

I think i speak for all of outlaw team when i say we are willing to help anyone who has any questions.........so please dont be shy 2.gif

Ok after a heavy nite on the lash i thought i would post up the final fixture list...hicup,

OUTLAWSERIES Schedule

5th feb 05......Coventry

12th feb 05.....Sheffield

19th feb 05.....Brands hatch (Roadcourse)

26th feb 05.....Buxton Dirt

5th mar 05......Baarlo Dirt

12th mar 05......Brno S (roadcourse)

19th mar 05.....Mildenhall

26th mar 05.....Snowke

2nd apr 05.....Donnington (Roadcourse)

9th apr 05.....Bell vue

16th apr 05....Bradford

23rd apr 05....Jerez T (Roadcourse)

30th apr 05....Bay park

7th may 05.....Kings lynn

14th may 05....Paul Ricard (Roadcourse)

Dirt world finals

21st may 05....Banger K world

Roadcourse World finals

28th may 05....World champ to be crowned at

the home of british motorsport...Silverstone T

Hope this gets the mouth watering........

Please feel free to start ya bookins thumbup.gif

Ps..........stay away from bottles of doolies........tis bad rofl.gif

Edited by Joker175

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..