Superbowl 2005

Badura_Racing258

Hi lads ive just registerd on here, I was also at Cowdie both days and must agree that it was the best meeting ive seen there in a long time.  Im more of a stock rod fan as I have a couple of mates who race them.  1st of all welldone to Robert MacDonald for taking the National points away from Gunner and also a great year he has had winning the Scottish and Irish Open as well as the Cowdie track points, not to mention his top 3 finishes in the World, British and ORCi.  Every 1 likes a good bit of gossip round the track about who said what etc, and I have two good 1s.  1st of all after Robert 17 won the Scottish he shook D.Philp's (29) hand and was congratulated, next up his not so close freind mr Lattka who decided to shake his hand and inform him the he now only had to win it another 3 times just like he had, 1,2,3 what a plonker.   Next good one after that, Robert had to take his car to Cowdenbeath on the wednesday nite after the Scottish to get his engine stripped down, and was pulled aside by our amazing promoter mr McDougall who told him you won the Scottish but you have NO chance of winning the National points from Gunner.  Promptly spurring Robert on to travel the length and breadth of the country to take the silver roof from Gunner and as stated earlier taking the Irish Open on the way, so a big thank you to Mr McDougall for his wise words, hope they taste good as you now choke on them.  rofl.gif

End of season is hear so a few empty weekends ahead, lets hope they pick up from where they left off at the weekend in March 06  thumbup.gif

rofl.gif @ kori!!!

you guys should have went today, it was a superb meeting!!!

3 follow in's, loads of high speed spins to the wall....and that was just the stock rods!!!!

best hit of the day had to goto Barnies brother...i was talkin to them in the pits before the meeting as he was told yesterday he was banned for doin a head on into another driver in the pro-stocks. He said "it was a tap nothin more" so i took my seat in the stand as the pro-stocks rolled onto the track and to my delight Barnies bro was allowed to race.....

He took his grid position and then, hold on, whats this, he turns the car around and goes full throttle head on into guy who moaned about the head on a couple o weeks before  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif ...but thats not all...he leaps from the car and was heard to shout " NOW THATS A HEAD ON"  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

But just when you thought its all finished the race ends and the car is left on the track.....but whos this misterious fellow walking out onto the track as the saloons are rolling round, then refuseing to leave till the remove the stricken car...yeah you guessed it Barnies bro.

prydie

:EDIT 1: I don't condone any of Paul's actions today, i'll just say only the blind and stupid couldn't see it coming  wink.gif

I think its sick that people take this sort of action, allow it is always crowd pleasing. what if titch(202) had his harness undone? what if a marshall had been behind the car? surley would have been more satisfying to bury him during a race?

i waited 5 years for the chance to bury someone who did me wrong, but i made it count when i got the chance. and it was a cracker if i do say so myself... rofl.gif

and i'm still a waiting some chances, remember the mini world final (wisbech) rofl.gif  look out... rofl.gif

Every Stock Rod meeting i've attended i've been ipmressed by the 17 machine. I didn't think Mr McDougall would say these things mentioned, but i wouldn't put it past him. Why do so many people wear tinted specs? Shaking someone's hand, and saying something stupid like that? Perhaps a wise enough remark was 'and your still waiting for the next one, that good you couldn't win it this year' - what a pleb!

Gunner = Diddy  042.gif

Guest barney52

never post on here anymore but would like to put my brothers point across a little after booking in for sundays meeting a week ago booking was takin by dave rennie dave then phoned paul on saturday to tell him he was banned from the sunday meeting.

paul then went to gordon mcdougall on sat after meeting to find out what was going on gordon said u are not banned bring ur car down tomorrow and see me and dave rennie in my office before meeting.

this was attempted on three different times before meeting gordon refused to see us speak to us as did dave rennie who turned up at 12.45 on sunday paul then took matters into his own hands.

paul also told gordon and dave before any of this happened that if titch brown was getting banned for turning paul the wrong way during last pro stock meeting paul would not contest his own ban as this would have been a fair result for both drivers.

so pauls answer was if they wont trailer him i will.

p.s thats it from me feel free to reply.

You need full stories behind things Andy, sounds like it was needed!

Very true and i'm sure whoever the driver is(not a clue who it was)but i'm sure he wouldn't do anything like that not expecting a pretty severe ban so in certain circumstances you do have to take matter's into your own hand's,not saying it's right but not saying it's wrong either.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..