Erm I'm stuck

legendracer27

lol yea i've got heat and the 1.72 patch + no cd thingy

Am sure the skins should just work:)

3286[/snapback]

I'dve thought they would as well m8 - you've installed which mod? the old LCH mod from rapidRoy.com or the UKDirtLCH mod from www.ukdirt.co.uk? - we need to make sure you dont have one mod and the skinpack for the other mod u c?

Hey

I've installed all mods and tracks etc but am having problems with the car skins.

None for any mod want to load. could someone help us cos i'm stuck for ideas here shrug.gif

Shorly this should be a piece of cake!

Thanks

3277[/snapback]

Do you mean they aint in the drivers list for you to choose from?

k, the uk dirt one's link doesn't work so I've the the legends car heat mod.

I've unzipped all the paint schemes for each mod into the respective championship folder, e.g legends into lch folder.

Should there be like a car folder in the lch folder???

Will put more up tomoz

3316[/snapback]

ok if you've installed the 'old' LCH mod file you should have a folder inside the nascar heat folder called LCH. Inside here you'll find the car files (legends.car and legendsc.car) and the various car skins (car1.tex, car2.tex etc) - hopefully you have a drivers text in there (notepad document with a series of entries in showing car number, driver name, chassis type etc). This is the list that is reproduced as the choice of cars in game.

doh theres me break finished biggrin.gif ........... cya soon lol .......... Wrighty

ok if you've installed the 'old' LCH mod file you should have a folder inside the nascar heat folder called LCH. Inside here you'll find the car files (legends.car and legendsc.car) and the various car skins (car1.tex, car2.tex etc) - hopefully you have a drivers text in there (notepad document with a series of entries in showing car number, driver name, chassis type etc). This is the list that is reproduced as the choice of cars in game.

doh theres me break finished biggrin.gif ........... cya soon lol .......... Wrighty

3328[/snapback]

Agh ok , have got the drivers list. Do I have to enter every driver in the list because all thats showing is the default paint jobs???

At least the problems been found rolleyes.gif

Agh ok , have got the drivers list. Do I have to enter every driver in the list because all thats showing is the default paint jobs???

At least the problems been found rolleyes.gif

3349[/snapback]

lol good to hear we're making some progress m8......when you say 'default' schemes what do u mean plz? as i recall the UKDirt LCH mod only had novice cars in (which means the drivers text only has 4 cars in to choose from) - the LCH mod (the original mod) had about 24 i think? you'll see some famous names in there (Dale Earnhardt Jr. etc)

does the game work? can you start it up and race in 'single race' mode?

as you'll probably have gathered now, installing patches and mods can be intimidating at first but fret not, the racings worth the hassle smile.gif

let us know where you are with this - remember, no question is too stupid wink.gif

all the best .......... Wrighty

lol good to hear we're making some progress m8......when you say 'default' schemes what do u mean plz? as i recall the UKDirt LCH mod only had novice cars in (which means the drivers text only has 4 cars in to choose from) - the LCH mod (the original mod) had about 24 i think? you'll see some famous names in there (Dale Earnhardt Jr. etc)

does the game work? can you start it up and race in 'single race' mode?

as you'll probably have gathered now, installing patches and mods can be intimidating at first but fret not, the racings worth the hassle smile.gif

let us know where you are with this - remember, no question is too stupid  wink.gif

all the best .......... Wrighty

3360[/snapback]

Have got the 24 cars with Jr etc and yea I can race with them. Its just a question of how do u get the new cars and drivers on the list????

I'm puzzeled shrug.gif

Have got the 24 cars with Jr etc and yea I can race with them. Its just a question of how do u get the new cars and drivers on the list????

I'm puzzeled shrug.gif

3393[/snapback]

don't be m8, at least your games running now smile.gif. In terms of extra cars to be added .......I can prepare a drivers text with a skinpack to add more cars in for offline use (i'll include our UK Dirt regulars so if you race online you'll see the cars ok) - all this entails is a zipfile containing the extra .tex files and a drivers list that replaces the one you already have.

We had discussed doing a UK legends offline pack using skins (cars) that our members had painted but thats to revive (lost it from the old RSC forum unfortunately).

The main thing for racing online with our lot is ensuring you have their skins in so i'll prepare that pack.

Finally, there is a pack of setups available for the original LCH mod (which is the one i think you have) - i'll post that on here this afternoon for u to download and install thumbs_up.gif

cheers and best wishes .......... Wrighty

did you say the ukdirt LCH download wasn't working?

if you want to download it, i have uploaded the ukdirt lch one to my web space...

It can be downloaded Here

3431[/snapback]

Excellent so i've now got the uk dirt legends which works fine with the four default skins. However again when installing the skins the drivers.txt file is not updated and therefore dont load the skins. Would be great if you can do the updated txt file, but how do i update all the other mods????

Have i missed downloading the updated driver txt files???

Edited by legendracer27

Apart from the Ukdirt hotrod mod and some banger skinpacks (ie. Teams, civil war) the packs dont install a drivers txt apart from the novice cars. If you do your own skin you have to edit the txt with your own entry in order to pick it.

Wrighty hinted further up that he might sort out a Drivers txt for lch if he gets the time, I suggest waiting for a reply from him, like he says, the main thing is that you have the skins in there for when you race online smile.gif

Hope this helps

Grasser#233

Edited by Grasser233

Apart from the Ukdirt hotrod mod and some banger skinpacks (ie. Teams, civil war) the packs dont install a drivers txt apart from the novice cars. If you do your own skin you have to edit the txt with your own entry in order to pick it.

Wrighty hinted further up that he might sort out a Drivers txt for lch if he gets the time, I suggest waiting for a reply from him, like he says, the main thing is that you have the skins in there for when you race online smile.gif

Hope this helps

Grasser#233

3490[/snapback]

Am understanding now:) So most of you when on single player cant race with these schemes. That makes sense now.

If wrighty can sort me out the drivers.txt that would be ace and if anyone else has a modified drivers.txt file for any of the mods if they could send it to me by e-mail i would be a very very very happy man thumbup.gif

Thanks for all the help, boy i hate learning the ins and outs of a new game shrug.gif

Am understanding now:) So most of you when on single player cant race with these schemes. That makes sense now.

Yeah, what happens is, we produce skinpacks for people to install to see the other cars online. When you play the game offline you can only pick from the cars that are in the drivers list, but you have the other skins in the folder for online use only yeah? smile.gif

If wrighty can sort me out the drivers.txt that would be ace and if anyone else has a modified drivers.txt file for any of the mods if they could send it to me by e-mail i would be a very very very happy man thumbup.gif

no need m8 smile.gif please find attached LCHskinpack. Click on it to download and then unzip it. Open the new folder it creates and select all files contained there, copy and then paste into your UK Dirt LCH folder in Nascar Heat. This will add 12 cars in (you already have 4 novice cars) and a drivers list with 16 entries on it (the 12 in the zip pack plus the 4 novice car entries you already have). Let the new drivers text overwrite the existing one and there u go - 16 cars to race with offline and some of the 'more likely' online racers fr your future racing online smile.gif

I've also attached a zip file containing setups for use with the mod. To run this, unzip again and run the installer thats inside it BUT when it gets to the line showing the destination folder for the installer paste in the line below

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\ukdirtlch

(the installer was created for the old LCH mod). This contains setups for most of our tracks and most of the US tracks too. Please note, when you're in-game go into your garage (if you're in single player go into race setup and check its on expert, then go back and into the garage below the practice/qualify/race buttons) and load the setup again. It shows the name when the setup isnt loaded so u need to re-load the setup. then test or go race smile.gif - theyre a bit loose but worth the practice - very fast lol (credit goes to a guy called Rusty T Bass for these - his setups smile.gif)

anyway i'll stop rambling.....have fun and happy lapping wink.gif ...... cya soon online hopefully

all the best ............. Wrighty

LCHpack.zip

lchsetv1.zip

Yeah, what happens is, we produce skinpacks for people to install to see the other cars online. When you play the game offline you can only pick from the cars that are in the drivers list, but you have the other skins in the folder for online use only yeah? smile.gif

no need m8 smile.gif please find attached LCHskinpack. Click on it to download and then unzip it. Open the new folder it creates and select all files contained there, copy and then paste into your UK Dirt LCH folder in Nascar Heat. This will add 12 cars in (you already have 4 novice cars) and a drivers list with 16 entries on it (the 12 in the zip pack plus the 4 novice car entries you already have). Let the new drivers text overwrite the existing one and there u go - 16 cars to race with offline and some of the 'more likely' online racers fr your future racing online smile.gif

I've also attached a zip file containing setups for use with the mod. To run this, unzip again and run the installer thats inside it BUT when it gets to the line showing the destination folder for the installer paste in the line below

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\ukdirtlch

(the installer was created for the old LCH mod). This contains setups for most of our tracks and most of the US tracks too. Please note, when you're in-game go into your garage (if you're in single player go into race setup and check its on expert, then go back and into the garage below the practice/qualify/race buttons) and load the setup again. It shows the name when the setup isnt loaded so u need to re-load the setup. then test or go race smile.gif - theyre a bit loose but worth the practice - very fast lol (credit goes to a guy called Rusty T Bass for these - his setups smile.gif)

anyway i'll stop rambling.....have fun and happy lapping wink.gif ...... cya soon online hopefully

all the best ............. Wrighty

3534[/snapback]

It all looked so good banghead2.gif

There seems to be a problem with the files, the computer comes up with an error message and wont open the zip file. I have already got the setups just couldn't load them up lol!! If u send me the drivers.txt file by e-mail hopefully it should work.

There'll be more questions to come I'm sure but I lookforward to having the odd race with you guys in the legends and maybe other series.

Thanks

Ali

Maybe same problem that others have had with downloading zip files in the past?

3571[/snapback]

yep we've had the same problem today here (download zip files and it says the files corrupt - its not a Norton thing coz we dont use Norton here blink.gif )

Legendsracer, please send me a PM with your e-mail address and i'll send the attachments over thumbs_up.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..