Graphics Cards

Dazza290

Got the program here Dazza, catch us on MSN

Or you can download it here

Thanks mate, worked a treat. The latest problem is with MSN again. As i cant use 7.5 i have to use 7.0. It installs fine, and can sign in fine, but whenever somebody sends me a message, the little box goes right out of screen so you cant see it. You cant even drag it back in by guessing where it is. I have un-installed and re-installed it 3 or 4 times, tried a system restore from an earlier point, but none of it works.

Any ideas lads??

Im nearly there with this pc now!!

Dazza

The problems seem never ending for me now.

Thanks to Cunny i now have a Radeon 64mb graphics card, AGP, but when i go to install it, it wont work.

I put the card in , turn the comp on, the computer will boot up but the screen stays black??

So now im back to running the onboard graphics.

I have started to prey to god now!!

Dazza

The problems seem never ending for me now.

Thanks to Cunny i now have a Radeon 64mb graphics card, AGP, but when i go to install it, it wont work.

I put the card in , turn the comp on, the computer will boot up but the screen stays black??

So now im back to running the onboard graphics.

I have started to prey to god now!!

Dazza

Before installing any new graphics card you should always uninstall your current one and turn all settings such as screen resolution down to their lowest settings before plugging the new one in otherwise windows will try to use the drivers and settings for your old card on the new one which won't necassarily work.

Also did you alter the setting we changed in the bios the other day so that it uses AGP instead of PCI?

PS. I thought the spec of the PCI graphics card was better than this one anyway?

Edited by Nick M48

I have had a complete re install of windows, and i uninstalled/removed all the drivers for the old card.

And yes, James reminded me about changing back from PCI to AGP so I have done that.

The reason i am trying this card is it recommends using a AGP card, so i thought it would plug in and work easy as that, obviously i was wrong!!

Will keep trying with this AGP card for now thumbs_up.gif

Dazza

Safe to say any PCI graphics card is going to be poor compared to almost any AGP card, whatever spec (within limits). The exception being PCI-Express but you'd know if you had one of those.

But Nick's advice is spot on. And don't forget to plug the monitor cable into the card, not the existing motherboard graphics socket, plus disable onboard graphics.

Safe to say any PCI graphics card is going to be poor compared to almost any AGP card, whatever spec (within limits). The exception being PCI-Express but you'd know if you had one of those.

But Nick's advice is spot on. And don't forget to plug the monitor cable into the card, not the existing motherboard graphics socket, plus disable onboard graphics.

Ok, dont ask me how i got it to work but it has, ive managed to get the 256mb card installed.

The graphics on the computer are not much better tbh, and in heat in options>graphics the specs are the same as the onboard, although im 100% sure it is runing off the card (I mean the monitor cable is plugged into the card for a start, in properties it says its running off of the graphics card etc etc)

In the Nvidia display screen it allows you to adjust the settings for your card, so i moved the sliders right up to maximum, go back into heat and see what it is and its worse then the onboard!

I dont really know how much you can read into that, but it seems to be a good little test of how good your computer graphics are running??

Any ideas on how to get it runnning right?

Thanks to everyone who has helped so far

dazza

Guest Scrapman53

Overclockers were selling AGP ATI Radion 9600s for 30 quid not that long ago. I had one in this PC till about a month ago and it gets 3 awesomes in the graphics options in Heat.  thumbs_up.gif

Overclockers were selling AGP ATI Radion 9600s for 30 quid not that long ago. I had one in this PC till about a month ago and it gets 3 awesomes in the graphics options in Heat.  thumbs_up.gif

Nice one Pete, Cunny very kindly has recommended a few cards, so will definately look into that, especially now its near christmas, might go and treat myself  thumbup.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..