sneaky pic of bill batten newie

travel

Looks great, another top sign job as well.

Thanks for putting the link up trav, just wasted 3 hours at work looking at the westcountry f2 pics on the site.

Can anyone tell me who f2 528 was I remember the car from meetings as a kid but can't get the drivers name.

Trav - Question for you (and any other F1 & F2 buffs!)

If I am granted 525 as my F2 number for 2005 (I have asked but someone was previously regisitered), I will have held a licence in both F1 & F2 with the same number.

Anyone else done this in there racing career between F1 & F2 ?????

I am struggling to think of anyone as the F2 numbers in days gone by were always over 500, and F1's under 500, hence making the early years difficult to do.

Just asking as I could create a very tiny bit of history in Brisca ! rofl.gif

2.gif

nice looking car ...........but where has he put the exhaust shrug.gif looks gd for it tho thumbup.gif

Great looking car and sign job too.

What number was Ali Forsythe in the F2's? He had 251 in the F1's and I thought he had 251 when he raced in F2's. But with my lack of knowledge about the F2's I may well be wrong.

3434[/snapback]

mike ali raced under 251 in f2 aswell thumbup.gif

528 was Les Palmer bathy

Gaz

3439[/snapback]

les palmer i hope that is father of jon aka minime 011.gif

Edited by Pedz 212

nice looking car ...........but where has he put the exhaust shrug.gif  looks gd for it tho thumbup.gif

lol, I was wondering that, looks like its been routed through the bottom of the chassis when you look closely. very clever and a great looking car

Cheers

Grasser#233

Edited by Grasser233

Trav - Question for you (and any other F1 & F2 buffs!)

If I am granted 525 as my F2 number for 2005 (I have asked but someone was previously regisitered 2.gif

3426[/snapback]

user posted image

This chap had it last year, i think you have to wait a year/season until it will be up for offer again thats if Mr 525 doesnt re-reg this year.

I'll be the first to ask....you got yourself a new F2 Mav?

3440[/snapback]

No - Going to hire Daz Kitson's car for four meetings in 2005.

At the moment my fixtures are :

April 24th - Hednesford QR

May 30th - Skegness

August 6th - Coventry

September 18th - NIR

2.gif

BWP - yeah I know someone had the number but I don't know what the rulings are, regarding allocation of numbers. Will wait to see what F2 grading guy gives me, although 641 would have been my first choice, 525 my second then 841 then 832. I really don't know who has what number in 2004 and cant find a list, so just waiting for my licence to be sent then I will know !

So Ali Forsyth 251 is the only one ?

Edited by Maverick

hi mav ill have to have a think about if any one has raced same number in f1 and f2

as for your number for 2005 all those that held a liecence in 2004 get to keep there number i think the only chance of trying to get a number that was used in 2004 is that they dont register by may but still think you would be lucky and i deff think 525 ttom louth will be racing in 2005

just looked in 2004 march unloaded at drivers numbers for you

1st choice 641-dennis middler

2nd choice 525-tom louth

3rd choice 841- is free from what i can see

4th choice 832-is free from what i can see

oh and tell daz kitson he owes me a drink for the recomendation lol

if i was right and its £250 a meet thats a cool grand ive made him by telling you mav ill get to see you at 3 of the 4 you have planned and promise to cheer for you to crash but then if royal mail make there profit target we will get a nice £800 bonus so will hopefully be hireing a v8 and you can cheer me on mav:3: 3.gif2.gif2.gif042.gif

Edited by travel

£250 without insurance of damage - but I will be paying more than that to have all damage included cos you have seen me race online !!!!

So you have made Mr.Kitson mor than a grand m8 appl.gif

No need to cheer for me to crash, you can cheer WHEN i've crashed !!!! rofl.gif

Would definately try to see you race if you did hire a V8 and cheer you on king.gif

Thanks for the info on the number, I will have to wait and see thumbs_up.gif

(I am hoping 525 wasn't Tom Louth's first choice number and that he may change, but we will have to wait and see rolleyes.gif Cheque has cleared so licence should be on its way back!)

Thanks for the info on the number, I will have to wait and see  thumbs_up.gif

(I am hoping 525 wasn't Tom Louth's first choice number and that he may change, but we will have to wait and see  rolleyes.gif Cheque has cleared so licence should be on its way back!)

3488[/snapback]

I wouldn`t go rushing to your letter box quite just yet for your licence Mav, they dont normally get sent out until just before the start of the season, i think last year i got mine just a couple of days before the start rolleyes.gif

oh and tell daz kitson he owes me a drink for the recomendation lol

if i was right and its £250 a meet thats a cool grand ive made him by telling you mav

3475[/snapback]

Does it not get cheaper each time you hire?

That was the case of a presant f2 driver who used a DK for a few meetings in 04.

Mart

I hope it does come soon as I would like to go for Practice Session at NIR, prior to the start of the season, as without it I wouldn't be insured to drive on the track ????

TRAV

Daz e-mailed Graham Bunter on whether I can hire a transponder for each meeting rather than buy one, but Graham didn't reply. I am intending doing some practice at NIR, so I sent for my licence and have paid for a transponder. Daz said that its the driver who is registered to the transponder not the car. Again I have sent a letter in with my licence form asking if I can hire one rather than buy it, so again we shall have to wait and see.

BWP

Daz has negociated a deal with me at present. He doesn't know me or hasn't seen me, so until I have some practice, I would imagine the terms are not set in stone.

We have agreed a price in principle, on a race to race basis. Daz might as a form of rebate buy my transponder off me at the season end !

Not if you prang it in your first race !!!!!

If you are confident that you wont damage it and incur, who knows what value, then I think £250 per race is good value for an F2 cos I paid FWJ £250 in 1990 for a go in his F1 and only had 2 laps in ht1, 16 laps in consi & 25 laps in Final - GN was cancelled !

So hopefully I will get at least 3 (4 if very lucky) races of full laps for my money in one meeting !

Why don't you buy a car then? Instead of spalshing out a grand, on jsut a 'trip' so to speak?

3588[/snapback]

I did think about buying Mart's F2 for £750 but in my situation David, I have no where to store a car, most of all I have no mechanical knowledge or engine knowledge, no spare cash to actually run the car or maintain it if I had damage. No-one I know would have the cash for sponsorship, or the need to sponsor me.

No means of transporting the car to the tracks, any financial needs for fuel have to be met etc etc. shrug.gif

So in my situation, if I want to race, hiring is the only option 042.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..