Admin team restructure

Kevin

The admin team would like to announce that we have decided to restructure the team.

There have been 7 resignations from the admin team this year alone, and we feel this is way too many, 3 of those in the past few weeks. There have been various reasons for all the resignations (which I will not go into) but we now feel the time is right to restructure the team. Each time we have offered positions this year, the number of applicants could be counted on one hand. The conclusion we have drawn from this is that, you recognise the amount of work involved in being an admin team member and have decided that you cannot devote the time necessary to fulfill an admin role.

So what do we have in mind? This has been mentioned on more than one occassion in the suggestion topics and has also been implemented in the Banger league. We intend to have one UKDirt admin member per league who is responsible for that league. What we also intend to introduce is a second tier of admin members who help run the leagues. Each league will have a different number of second tier admins depending on how popular the league is and how much work is involved in running the league.

Running a league involves RM'ing the meetings, updating points charts, dealing with general league issues, league discipline, skinpacks, fixtures, rules. This is not an exhaustive list but as you can see there is a fair amount of work involved.

We recognise that there is not a UKDirt admin member for the Hot Rod and SSC leagues. I'd like to thank all those members who have applied for these roles. Due to the discussions within the admin team in relation to this restructure we have delayed making a decision on this. We will further delay any decision on this until more applications have been received in order to complete the second tier of admin members at the same time.

What do we want you to do? We would like to create these teams over the next 2 weeks. There will be separate announcements for the F1 & F2 leagues but for all the other leagues (SSC, Hot Rods & BriSCA Legends) I'd like you to apply for whatever position you think you can fulfil. You can apply for more than one role and for more than one league, however, when we make the appointments that we think will best serve the UKDirt leagues, we will take into account workloads.

The whole idea behind the restructure is to reduce the stress levels of admin members by asking other members to step forward and help run the leagues in whatever capacity you can. We also recognise that there is not an endless supply of admin members to run the leagues, therefore we need more members involved to even the load.

If you wish to apply for a role then please email kev@ukdirt.co.uk or PM me through the forum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..