TEX files

crewie

Heres another one from the computer dummy. 042.gif

I have stacks of ' tex files' of cars, but how do I add them to the drivers list, ie, how do I convert them to text?

If its been asked before, please just humour me and point me in the right direction.

Cheers Steve.

You don't need to convert them to text.

What happens is, for all the cars that need to be visible on your PC, you must have both the .car (the model) file, and the .tex (the paint, or "skin" as it's called in 3d modelling speak).

In order to be able to choose cars to drive yourself, or to race against as AI opponents offline on your PC, each car must have an entry in the drivers.txt file. You do not need to do this for racing online- just having the .tex file is enough, it just means you can't choose that car to race in yourself (or race against offline). Your opponent over the internet will have his or her own car added to their drivers.txt file.

drivers.txt is just a text file, that's laid out a certain way. Your main hurdle is that you won't know (unless you find out) what chassis (.car file) is used for each driver in the league. If you find out, you can set the chassis name correctly.

If you open the drivers.txt you'll see a list of grouped pieces of information, it's a case of duplicating these but with the details of the new driver you want to add, so number, name, chassis etc.

A rummage on the forums here will shed some more light.

Edited by JohnMid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..