Can't get game to load -help!

Guest Hog

Hope someone can help a "Heat" newbie.

Have downloaded and installed the Nascar Heat demo from Black Hole Motorsports site, and added and unpacked the No CD and 1.72e patches.

I can get Nascar Heat to run fine, but it doesn't recognise the patches and just shows version 1.1.

But when I try and get Banger Heat to run it just won't have it. I'm getting error logs relating to ui.res files and paint.res etc, etc.

Any ideas chaps? I've downloaded all the skins and tracks and Banger Heat files in order, but just no joy.

Please help!!

Maybe you would be better off downloading nascar heat essentials rather than the demo as i believe you cannot install Mods onto that.

Ahh I see - any idea where I can download that from?

Will I have to re-download and install all the skins and tracks etc? I.e start from scratch?

Guest Scrapman53

If you haven't already uninstalled everything, you could rename your Hasbro folder to Hasbro2 or something. Then after you install Essentials, just copy your mod folders out of your Hasbro2 folder into your new Hasbro/Nascar Heat folder.  thumbs_up.gif

I've got the No CD patch and the 1.72e patch from the old UK Dirt site.

You forget guys that you're dealing with a relative "no brainer" when it comes to this stuff, so will probably go for a full deletion and a fresh install.

Cheers for the help - will post how I get on.

Have downloaded and installed the Nascar Heat demo from Black Hole Motorsports site, and added and unpacked the No CD and 1.72e patches.

I can get Nascar Heat to run fine, but it doesn't recognise the patches and just shows version 1.1.

But when I try and get Banger Heat to run it just won't have it. I'm getting error logs relating to ui.res files and paint.res etc, etc.

Any ideas chaps? I've downloaded all the skins and tracks and Banger Heat files in order, but just no joy.

Please help!!

Just to ask, Hog has mentioned he downloaded the demo to which he is trying run the game off of. I didnt think it was possible to run any mod unless it was the full version of Nascar Heat.

If it is why the hell did i pay 20 odd quid for my disk!

Or have i missed the point of this thread?

Dunno mate - I was having trouble getting a copy of Nascar Heat, and a mate directed me to the demo download oln the Black Hole Motorsports site.

Don't want to stir up a hornets nest!!!

If it must be the full game to get it to run properly then so be it, but if it can be done from the "Essentials" plus the mods and patches then all the better.

Please help!!

Just to ask, Hog has mentioned he downloaded the demo to which he is trying run the game off of. I didnt think it was possible to run any mod unless it was the full version of Nascar Heat.

If it is why the hell did i pay 20 odd quid for my disk!

Or have i missed the point of this thread?

cunnys post m8 thumbup.gif  it was only made this yr if im right tho m8

Edited by Pedz 212

Nascar heat essentials was only only made this year by The Mask you can download it for free but it is also illegal as the owners of nascar heat don't know anything about it so if you dont have game then i'd suggest you download it quick and put on disc.

Nascar heat essentials was only only made this year by The Mask you can download it for free but it is also illegal as the owners of nascar heat don't know anything about it so if you dont have game then i'd suggest you download it quick and put on disc.

lol not quite m8, i seem to remember that the Mask (creator of essentials) was in negotiation with Hasbro, as he did get official help previously from them while creating the 1.80 patch.

There is an instruction here - go to the newbie guide under the nascar heat sub-heading on converting your nascar heat demo to the full game (basically the difference between the demo and the full game is the carset, some tracks and features like the in-built skin painting bit), so unless you've got a nascar heat CD a good read thru there might enable u to set up the demo, convert it to full-ish spec for installation of mods.

best wishes .......... Wrighty

Yes - Essentials comes with 1.80 but the UKDirt server are 1.72e so you need the 1.72e patch.

Then get someone on MSN who can send you their UI.res so that the start screen and the others loads, etc.

apparently the mods uses the UI from the demo

he says ok rubb smile.gif

Five quid? It was $40US when I imported it all those years ago, and $30 of that was shipping. That was when you could still find Heat for sale.

The demo can be used to install mods, but it's not as simple as just installing it and clicking updates. The essentials pack is built on the basis that everything in it is available publicly for free already as part of the demo, but it will still, I think, fall foul of the fact that it is still unauthorised distribution. Morally speaking, buying second hand copies of Heat is just as bad/good as downloading essentials. Either way, nobody involved in making the game gets any of your money.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..